Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lavar to the Giants?

skinsfan51

I talked to my father tonight, a die-hard Giants fan, and he said that there is a rumor that the Giants might have their sights on Lavar, and that they have a good shot at getting him. Has anyone else heard this? This would be awful. Antonio and now Lavar against us in the same division?? Geez!

I talked to my father tonight, a die-hard Giants fan, and he said that there is a rumor that the Giants might have their sights on Lavar, and that they have a good shot at getting him. Has anyone else heard this? This would be awful. Antonio and now Lavar against us in the same division?? Geez!

Who do they have of trade value that we could possibly want in exchange for him? Barber? No Manning? No Burress? No ....Omenyiora? Maybe Strahan? Too old

UPDATE: My father called back (I asked for his source) and he told me he gets a Giants newsletter written by Dave Klein, a Giants team reporter since 1961. How far it will go is only a guess. But I'm sure something has been discussed if this guy reports it. They certainly need LB help. I just hope not. Watch LA go there and be the next LT. Yikes!

UPDATE: My father called back (I asked for his source) and he told me he gets a Giants newsletter written by Dave Klein, a Giants team reporter since 1961. How far it will go is only a guess. But I'm sure something has been discussed if this guy reports it. They certainly need LB help. I just hope not. Watch LA go there and be the next LT. Yikes!

Ask him if the Giants are willing to part with Umenyiora or this year/next years first round pick for Lavar. That's the only trade I'd do with the Giants for his services, and it would be hard to see Gibbs allowing him to go to a division rival for much less.

the Redskins didn't trade Ramsey to Dallas despite interest there for the same reason they won't trade Arrington to the Giants - we don't want to see these players twice a year with a grudge to settle against the club :)

Send Ramsey to the Dolphins and Arrington to the Cleveland Browns :D

The Giants had problems at LB last season, and LaVar is a big name LB that might be available. That's probably all it is.

It would be like a Reggie Wayne to the Redskins rumor.

Except we'd actively have to TRADE him to a DIVISION RIVAL so its way more unlikely.

Why is it that you message board nazis ripped that one kid about a 'rumor' but you let this one fly? They are all rumors and I think they are all welcome here. THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD. I dont have any problem with this since this is the type of forum to discuss such matters and he mentioned upfront that it was a rumor. However, I do have a problem with some geeks on here ganging up on people (and giving them stupid avatars) just because they voiced the RUMORS they heard.

Joe Gibbs would never trade an impact player to a team in his own division. You're talking about a guy that runs 6 plays all preaseason so teams won't know what changes they've made. He's very protective.

A draft pick to the Eagles for Thrash, fine. An All-Pro LBer to a division rival. Never happen.

That said, the writer is probably saying this based off the assumption LaVar will be cut. If so, then yes, I could see him being a Giant.

LOL. Only guy over there that would remotely interest me would be Osi Umenyiora...hes a solid young, quick Pro Bowl DE. The rest of their "stars" we have already...and Strahan is passing his prime and isn't the monster he once was.

Funny, look who won the division. Yet theres only 1 player on our team youd take

Redskin fans providiong comic relief as always

Enjoy no 1st round pick, no cap room, and no qb of the future cause campbell sucks

Archived