Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Underated/Unknown you thought were good.

CalSkins81

Im sure we all have at least one movie that we have seen thinking this is doing to be bad and it turned out to be pretty decent. I like all kinds of movies but tend to watch action, sci-fi and comedy.

My movie selection is "Enemy Mine". It started Dennis Quaid and Louis Gosset Jr. I had a boyfriend back then that I used to call Drac when I was pissed at him. I really like it.

Anybody else have any?

I recently watched Unleashed on DVD. I rented it thinking it was going to be pretty lame but with some kick-ass martial arts scenes. Well, I was pleasantly surprised that it was actually a very good movie! Jet Li does a really good job acting, and Morgan Freeman is always good. Not to mention you get the kick-ass martial arts too!! Of course there are some inexplicable scenes, but what good martial arts movie doesn't have a scene in it that you're like WTF?!?!

1. A Simple Plan. 2. Two Days in the Valley. 3. U-Turn(AWESOME!) 4. Man on Fire(Denzel is 'da man in this) 5. Made(Vince Vaughn is hilarious) Not sure if some of you guys would classify these as underrated or unknown, but they all are good in my opinion.

I liked the Emporers new groove. I liked Man on Fire also.

Has anybody seen "Band of the Hand"? Its a old one about five juvenile criminals thats sent away from prison into the Everglades for a survival training.

"Serpent and the rainbow" Its about an anthropologist that goes to Haiti to follow rumors about a drug used by black magic practitioners to turn people into zombies. Bill Pullman was the only guy I can think of that was in it.

My Fellow Americans

Boiler Room

Opportunity Knocks

I've always liked My Fellow Americans, everytime I see it on I watch it usually. It's a pretty funny movie that some people may not have seen. Jack Lemmon and James Garner play two ex-presidents. One a democrat and one a republican.

Boiler Room may or may not have gotten critical acclaim, I don't know. I had never heard of it til my friend got me to watch it a few years ago.

Opportunity Knocks is a movie that most people would watch and think sucks, but I like Dana Carvey so I thought it was a pretty good.

I like all kinds of obscure movies, so I like most of the stuff listed above. "Serpent and the Rainbow" was excellent.

One movie I really liked that I thought would be really bad was "Must Love Dogs". I thought it would be typical chick flick cheese but it actually has some funny guy humor in it also.

I also enjoyed "Stealth" which I thought was going to be complete garbage.

I'll leave you with "The Fast and the Furious", one of my other favorites:laugh:.

My Fellow Americans

Boiler Room

Opportunity Knocks

I watch Boiler Room all the time before big sales conferences. Fires me up.

"So, now that you know what's possible. Let me tell you what's required. You are required to work your ****ing ass off at this firm. We want winners here, not pikers. A piker walks at the bell. A piker asks how much vacation time you get in the first year. Vacation time? People come and work at this firm for one reason: to become filthy rich. That's it. We're not here to make friends. We're not savin' the ****in' manatees here, guys. You want vacation time? Go teach third grade, public school."

i thought "unbreakable" and "the village" were two extremely underrated m. night movies. i love all his movies.

i think the live action spawn movie had insane amounts of potential based on the plot alone, but it was poorly executed, poorly written, and poorly acted. i still liked it though. great soundtrack as well. if you like that anime crap, go buy the spawn animated series. it'll know your pokemon socks off.

and then there's "the cable guy". everyone seems to hate this movie. the script is mediocre at best and matthew broderick can't act worth a damn, but i think jim carrey is brilliant in that movie. ben stiller directed it.... most people don't know that.

and then there's "the cable guy". everyone seems to hate this movie. the script is mediocre at best and matthew broderick can't act worth a damn, but i think jim carrey is brilliant in that movie. ben stiller directed it.... most people don't know that.

I'm with you on Cable Guy, I've probably seen that movie about 10 times. Everyone thought it sucked and it was a big time box office dud but it was really funny to me. It was a little drawn out and had some boring and unnecessary scenes, but it also had some great scenes. I liked when they played password, when they played basketball, and also when Jim Carrey did karaoke.

I still haven't seen Unbreakable, been meaning to see that for almost 5 years now.

I watched Stealth a couple months back. It was better than what I expected.

After the Sunset was a really good movie, with Pierce Bronson, Salma Hayek, Woody Harelson, Don Cheadle. It came out around the same time as Alexander which I thought was a waste of money.

• 1 month later...
I watched Stealth a couple months back. It was better than what I expected.

After the Sunset was a really good movie, with Pierce Bronson, Salma Hayek, Woody Harelson, Don Cheadle. It came out around the same time as Alexander which I thought was a waste of money.

Agreed on both counts. After the Sunset was really good and Alexander was THE worst movie i have ever seen.

I dont mean that as exageration. When someone asks me what THE worst movie of all time is, I say Alexander. It was such an easy subject to make a kickass epic movie out of, it had a great cast INCLUDING Anthony Hopkins, and yet is sucked like a black hole.

I'm with you on Cable Guy, I've probably seen that movie about 10 times. Everyone thought it sucked and it was a big time box office dud but it was really funny to me. It was a little drawn out and had some boring and unnecessary scenes, but it also had some great scenes. I liked when they played password, when they played basketball, and also when Jim Carrey did karaoke.

I still haven't seen Unbreakable, been meaning to see that for almost 5 years now.

Not to mention the Medieval Times scene.

And I'd say The Sandlot is more of a family movie than a kids movie. I can't imagine reaching a point in my life where I won't enjoy the film.

Archived