Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schlereth picks Shanahan over Gibbs!!!!

painfulyetloyal

Now I usually turn my head when I hear the medias opinions when it comes to the skins but this one I couldnt resist posting as I know it will drive some of you nuts. Today on the NFL COLD HARD FACTS segment of Sportscenter, the last question was 'Best coaching performane in a Super Bowl?' And you got it, Mark Schlereth picked Mike Shanahan over Coach Gibbs!! Even our own boys dont give us the credit we deserve! Oh well.

Now I usually turn my head when I hear the medias opinions when it comes to the skins but this one I couldnt resist posting as I know it will drive some of you nuts. Today on the NFL COLD HARD FACTS segment of Sportscenter, the last question was 'Best coaching performane in a Super Bowl?' And you got it, Mark Schlereth picked Mike Shanahan over Coach Gibbs!! Even our own boys dont give us the credit we deserve! Oh well.

That mother ****ing traitor!!!!

If he's talking about an individual performance, he went with one that he was directly familiar with. I don't recall Gibbs being particularly challenged during our last Super Bowl vs. the Bills - we were up 17-0 at halftime.

What's the problem here?

Schlereth generally gives the nod to the Broncos over the Skins. Not sure if he left us under bad terms or what. He did win more SBs with them than with us, that may have something to do with it.

I think most sane people would pick Gibbs over Shanahan given the opportunity.

Keeping Plummer is the best coaching move ever!! :rolleyes:

Yeah, keeping Plummer almost cost the Broncoes those Superbowls they won with Elway.

Jesus, the question was on who had the better performance in a SuperBowl, and it's hard to pick any coaching job over the one Shanahan did in Superbowl XXXII where he beat the heavily-favored defending champion Green Bay Packers.

He didn't say Shanahan was the better coach, just that he did a better job in that Superbowl.

If it's any consolation on NFL Live he was asked to name the best SB coach (out of belichick, walsh, knoll, I don't remember seeing Shan) and he went with Gibbs.

ur right.. scherlth did do this on nfl live. dont worry about gibbs... its gonna be 5qb, 5 superbowl when hes done with coaching.

Jesus, the question was on who had the better performance in a SuperBowl, and it's hard to pick any coaching job over the one Shanahan did in Superbowl XXXII where he beat the heavily-favored defending champion Green Bay Packers.

I seem to remember the Donkeys being HEAVILY favored against us in 87. I also seem to remember being down 10-0 at one point in the game, and that was considered insurmountable, as no team had EVER come from more than 7 points back at any point in the Super Bowl. Not a bad coaching job, there.

Not to belabor the point, but Mike Holgrem allow Denver to score their last posession to give Farve the ball back with plenty of time. He he chosen to stand and fight, who knows what would have happened. Shanny had an excellent O-line, QB and RB. He did a great job coaching that game, but the best ever? Not sure I can agree with that.

I seem to remember the Donkeys being HEAVILY favored against us in 87. I also seem to remember being down 10-0 at one point in the game, and that was considered insurmountable, as no team had EVER come from more than 7 points back at any point in the Super Bowl. Not a bad coaching job, there.

Not to belabor the point, but Mike Holgrem allow Denver to score their last posession to give Farve the ball back with plenty of time. He he chosen to stand and fight, who knows what would have happened. Shanny had an excellent O-line, QB and RB. He did a great job coaching that game, but the best ever? Not sure I can agree with that.

Schlereth didnt play for us in '87.

Schlereth didnt play for us in '87.

I know that. I was under the impression that the question was more general, ie, what was the best coaching job in the SB, not what was the best coaching job in the SB that Schlereth witnessed. Cause that's just 3, if memory serves.

ur right.. scherlth did do this on nfl live. dont worry about gibbs... its gonna be 5qb, 5 superbowl when hes done with coaching.

so what are you saying? when campbell wins it for us next year, we're gonna have another QB take us to the promise land within the next 3 years? ;)

As SkinsD already replied- he DID pick Gibbs as the best Super Bowl coach EVER over Knoll, Walsh, etc because GIbbs did it with 3 different QB's....

Look- Schlereth finshed his career with the Broncos and 2 SB wins so you can't really call him a traitor....

I do find his opinion to be VERY strange on this matter- but I chalk it up to the simple fact that he is from Alaska. Those people are really strange. Trust me, I've been there, I know.

Lack of sunshine, freezing temperatures, and NO WOMEN would make anybody make crazy talk like this!

Schlereth generally gives the nod to the Broncos over the Skins. Not sure if he left us under bad terms or what. He did win more SBs with them than with us, that may have something to do with it.

Schlereth had knee problems, many operations, potentially career ending... when he became a free agent, several prospective teams failed his physical... Shanny "took a chance on him" and it paid off.... Mark is a Bronco.

We might consider his situation similar to that of Ken Harvey, although he played half of his career for the Cards, he is a Redskin.

Archived