Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Redskins Promote Lazor to Quarterbacks Coach

jbooma

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/26/AR2006012601635.html

Thursday, January 26, 2006; 6:27 PM

The Washington Redskins have decided to promote Bill Lazor to quarterbacks coach, Coach Joe Gibbs said, to replace Bill Musgrave who left the organization to take the same position with Atlanta this week.

Gibbs said he has been impressed with Lazor's work on the staff as an offensive assistant and informed him of the move before the team's coaches departed for a two-week vacation. Lazor joined the Redskins in 2004 from Atlanta, where he served as quality control coach in 2003. Lazor was a college quarterback at Cornell and was the offensive coordinator at the University of Buffalo in 2001-2002.

Lazor was a college quarterback at Cornell and was the offensive coordinator at the University of Buffalo in 2001-2002.

Damn, thats crazy. I can look out my window and see the lgihts at Shoelkolph field (where Cornell plays).

Hopefully that will work out good and a college in my city will be famous!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/26/AR2006012601635.html

Thursday, January 26, 2006; 6:27 PM

The Washington Redskins have decided to promote Bill Lazor to quarterbacks coach, Coach Joe Gibbs said, to replace Bill Musgrave who left the organization to take the same position with Atlanta this week.

Gibbs said he has been impressed with Lazor's work on the staff as an offensive assistant and informed him of the move before the team's coaches departed for a two-week vacation. Lazor joined the Redskins in 2004 from Atlanta, where he served as quality control coach in 2003. Lazor was a college quarterback at Cornell and was the offensive coordinator at the University of Buffalo in 2001-2002.

COME ON. I thought we were going to get Mike Martz. We are signing a ****ing quality control coach to be our QB coach? DAMNIT.

He's going soft man. Martz was the better candidate. Martz has the credentials and knows how to produce Pro Bowl QBs. Who has Lazor produced?!

Who had Martz produced before he first became a qb coach. And what in God's name makes you think a guy who has been a head coach of a SB team and multiple playoff teams would become a QB coach, if anything he might be an OC for a year or 2.

Who had Martz produced before he first became a qb coach. And what in God's name makes you think a guy who has been a head coach of a SB team and multiple playoff teams would become a QB coach, if anything he might be an OC for a year or 2.

Martz was QB coach for us before he went to the Rams. We cant **** around next year we need someone who will produce immediately. Damn it we can kiss the playoffs goodbye now.

Martz was QB coach for us before he went to the Rams. We cant **** around next year we need someone who will produce immediately. Damn it we can kiss the playoffs goodbye now.

I want to believe you're joking, so I'm going to believe it and hope for the best...

:laugh:

I want to believe you're joking, so I'm going to believe it and hope for the best...

:laugh:

I'm not joking...we need someone with serious NFL credentials to groom Jason Campbell into a Ben Rothliesberger rather then a Heath Shuler. Why the hell did we release Musgrave from his contract to sign someone with basically no NFL experience as a QB coach? Sometimes it doesn't pay to be nice. The Bucs aren't letting their linebackers coach out of his contract to go to Detroit with Marinelli even though Marinelli is his father in law!

I'm not joking...we need someone with serious NFL credentials to groom Jason Campbell into a Ben Rothliesberger rather then a Heath Shuler.

Why would we want Mike Martz ANYWHERE NEAR this team? He's not a Gibbs type coach. And often times, the best hires are from within. Lazor will do fine.

Why would we want Mike Martz ANYWHERE NEAR this team? He's not a Gibbs type coach. And often times, the best hires are from within. Lazor will do fine.

Oh please, Martz is a genius with QB's. Nearly every QB he's spent considerable time grooming has produced.

But this guy is deluded to think Martz would work for the Redskins. That's like Gregg Williams going to New England to be the linebackers coach. :laugh:

Lazor knows the players and knows how Gibbs works and what he wants. Plus, Gibbs is the one who has selected all of his coaches, including on the defensive side. He has proven time and time again that he knows who will be beneficial as coaches within his system. I think it is a great move.

As far as Mike Martz as our QB coach, I also think we should get Peter Cottontail to be our RB's coach. He shure could teach Portis a thig or two about tearing up the field, huh?

Lazor knows the players and knows how Gibbs works and what he wants. Plus, Gibbs is the one who has selected all of his coaches, including on the defensive side. He has proven time and time again that he knows who will be beneficial as coaches within his system. I think it is a great move.

As far as Mike Martz as our QB coach, I also think we should get Peter Cottontail to be our RB's coach. He shure could teach Portis a thig or two about tearing up the field, huh?

Martz would have come here, for the right price. Byner is a proven commodity. He's been here through the wars man. To compare him to Lazor is blasphemous.

Oh please, Martz is a genius with QB's. Nearly every QB he's spent considerable time grooming has produced.

But this guy is deluded to think Martz would work for the Redskins. That's like Gregg Williams going to New England to be the linebackers coach. :laugh:

The same reason Al Saunders was a good hire for running the offense...he's the best qualified and available candidate for the postion.

Archived