Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The origin of Mark Brunell in a skins uniform

supersmartbrunell5

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=1603037

Noone else in the league wanted him, not even as a backup, until the Skins stepped in and decided to give up a 3rd round pick and $47 million contract to get the old man. Now he's in DC, 3 years older and "not-mistaking" (which is code for not making plays, and fumbling not showing up on stat sheets)his way through the regular season and giving people JUSSST enough to say start him again. He made some plays this year, but he is definitely done. Well, I'll get ripped by the Brunell homers on this board surely, but read this article, watch 12 out of 16 games last year and tell me I'm wrong. Hand over the QB reigns, don't make us sit through another rollout/screenpass/no intermediate passing game/no chance in the playoffs with this guy year. BENCH BRUNELL. Screw loyalty, he's been a redskin 1 year, (I don't count those first 8 games of 2004 as him being in the game, we played with 10 men). Get fresh legs in there, put Campbell in a position to succeed, not come in week 9. BENCH BRUNELL. WHO'S WITH ME!?

Last year??? Who cares about last year.

This year if Ramsey or JC would of started we wouldn't have gotten to the playoffs.

One more thing, change your username or something.

How do you know? Big Ben went 15-1 with a good defense and running game, why couldn't one of our younger guys with talent have done that? If your goal is to get to the playoffs every year that's fine but mine is to get to and win superbowls, think Mark is gonna do that?

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=1603037

Noone else in the league wanted him, not even as a backup, until the Skins stepped in and decided to give up a 3rd round pick and $47 million contract to get the old man. Now he's in DC, 3 years older and "not-mistaking" (which is code for not making plays, and fumbling not showing up on stat sheets)his way through the regular season and giving people JUSSST enough to say start him again. He made some plays this year, but he is definitely done. Well, I'll get ripped by the Brunell homers on this board surely, but read this article, watch 12 out of 16 games last year and tell me I'm wrong. Hand over the QB reigns, don't make us sit through another rollout/screenpass/no intermediate passing game/no chance in the playoffs with this guy year. BENCH BRUNELL. Screw loyalty, he's been a redskin 1 year, (I don't count those first 8 games of 2004 as him being in the game, we played with 10 men). Get fresh legs in there, put Campbell in a position to succeed, not come in week 9. BENCH BRUNELL. WHO'S WITH ME!?

I would like to see someone else at QB for the Skins next year(and I actually like Brunell) but this is like the 1000th Brunell thread. Could you have just added this to another thread? The answer is yes. :2cents:

"don't make us sit through another rollout/screenpass/no intermediate passing game/no chance in the playoffs with this guy "

how about not making us sit through ANOTHER of your Brunell bashing threads?

Yeah you're right, maybe I should post a "the media sucks, we'll get em" or "carson palmer for Lavar" or "thanks for the great season guys" threads, those are so exciting.

Yeah you're right, maybe I should post a "the media sucks, we'll get em" or "carson palmer for Lavar" or "thanks for the great season guys" threads, those are so exciting.

that makes absolutely no sense. we are talking about YOUR threads and YOURS alone. while the threads you mentioned may be mundane they are so because multiple members post the same thing. your threads are asinine because they are all by one person, YOU, and the subject matter is always the same, bashing Brunell. see the difference?

that makes absolutely no sense. we are talking about YOUR threads and YOURS alone. while the threads you mentioned may be mundane they are so because multiple members post the same thing. your threads are asinine because they are all by one person, YOU, and the subject matter is always the same, bashing Brunell. see the difference?

I know, and it is a pretty tired act, but you are wrong most of those things simply just aren't interesting, no matter how many times they are posted. The reason I keep posting it is because every redskins fan I know in real life feels the same way as I do, especially every non-redskin fan that watches the games and I don't see how so many people on here think it's dumb to speak out against him. Why can't I bash Brunell though, There's thousands of members, can't I have a niche. I think it sparks the most interesting and diverse debate. Notice how everyone on here prefaces everything before they say stuff i.e. "look guys, I love ______ player, but maybe we should consider this" because you get bashed for thinking outside the box, its sad.

I know, and it is a pretty tired act, but you are wrong most of those things simply just aren't interesting, no matter how many times they are posted. The reason I keep posting it is because every redskins fan I know in real life feels the same way as I do, especially every non-redskin fan that watches the games and I don't see how so many people on here think it's dumb to speak out against him. Why can't I bash Brunell though, There's thousands of members, can't I have a niche. I think it sparks the most interesting and diverse debate. Notice how everyone on here prefaces everything before they say stuff i.e. "look guys, I love ______ player, but maybe we should consider this" because you get bashed for thinking outside the box, its sad.

blah blah blah

Why is you SN supersmartbrunell5?

. BENCH BRUNELL. WHO'S WITH ME!?

I'm with you...Brunell held this team back this year. We made it to the playoffs because of our running game, Santana Moss, and our defense. And just because we believe that doesn't mean we're not Redskins fans or we're Joe Gibbs haters.

blah blah blah

Why is you SN supersmartbrunell5?

Yeah you know what, I'm wrong about message boards apparently. I always thought it was a progressive place to talk about contreversial issues with the team or future decisions, or what goes right and wrong in a game or with a team, but apparently it is to praise the status quo, discuss non-threatening topics in a one-line response with smileys and a lot of exclamation points, and have faith in whatever happens, not having an opinion but just proclaiming yourself stupid and going after those that don't agree with you.

I'm with you...Brunell held this team back this year. We made it to the playoffs because of our running game, Santana Moss, and our defense. And just because we believe that doesn't mean we're not Redskins fans or we're Joe Gibbs haters.

Santana Moss caught balls thrown by Mark Brunell.

Notice how everyone on here prefaces everything before they say stuff i.e. "look guys, I love ______ player, but maybe we should consider this" because you get bashed for thinking outside the box, its sad.

To quote honorary ES member Jay-Z, "Jigga, please."

No one gets bashed for thinking out of the box. People get bashed for redundant crap such as your threads on Brunell. If you had an innovative argument and posted an article from the last few days or even the last few months--then maybe, people would want to entertain your perspective. But you haven't. You posted an article that was posted on the message board 2 and 1/2 years ago. So, not only did you not use the search function before posting, but you also didn't provide new content.

Rundancy adds nothing--be it positive or negative in tone and content.

Yeah you know what, I'm wrong about message boards apparently. I always thought it was a progressive place to talk about contreversial issues with the team or future decisions, or what goes right and wrong in a game or with a team, but apparently it is to praise the status quo, discuss non-threatening topics in a one-line response with smileys and a lot of exclamation points, and have faith in whatever happens, not having an opinion but just proclaiming yourself stupid and going after those that don't agree with you.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I never disagreed with you on anything.

Your issue is not controversial.

I'm asking you why you chose your screen name.

Don't get your panties all up in a wad. Just answer the question.

Archived