Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kerry calls for Filibuster of Alito

Kilmer17

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/01/26/alito/index.html

Pretty savvy political move on his part. The looney left will salivate over him. A clear sign to me that he plans on running again in 08.

As for the Filibuster itself, I'm fairly confident the GOP has enough votes for cloture. And even if they dont, you can guarentee the gang of 14 will disband as the 7 GOPers have stated he wouldnt meet the "extreme" definition.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/01/26/alito/index.html

Pretty savvy political move on his part. The looney left will salivate over him. A clear sign to me that he plans on running again in 08.

As for the Filibuster itself, I'm fairly confident the GOP has enough votes for cloture. And even if they dont, you can guarentee the gang of 14 will disband as the 7 GOPers have stated he wouldnt meet the "extreme" definition.

He stands no chance of getting the nomination again. That boat has sailed for him, just as it did for Gore in 2000.

On SNL last week they had comedians pretend to be Kerry and Gore and it was so funny, they were ragging each other and Gore kept saying well at least I won, you got your ***** kicked :laugh: :laugh:

If you wanted Kerry to be president then I do feel sorry for you :silly:

Go away John Kerry.... go away!!!! You were exposed as a fraud for your "alleged" war record, you were exposed as Anti-American during your "Jane Fonda grabb-*****" period, and were exposed for having done virtually nothing since being elected Senator of one of the most Liberal states in the union. Not only that... we learned that you have been dreaming of being President and orchestrating your life around that hope since college. Go the eff away!

As for the fillibuster.... please...please...please... try! It's just the next in a long line of potholes the left keeps falling into on the way from losing yet another national election. Please....please...pretty please!

Kerry may not be the best guy for president but he would have done a better job than the guy sitting in the White House right now.

Actually I think Kerry would have been worse, he wouldn't know what to do right now with what is going on with the world. He isn't even the best politician in his state.

Go away John Kerry.... go away!!!! You were exposed as a fraud for your "alleged" war record, you were exposed as Anti-American during your "Jane Fonda grabb-*****" period, and were exposed for having done virtually nothing since being elected Senator of one of the most Liberal states in the union. Not only that... we learned that you have been dreaming of being President and orchestrating your life around that hope since college. Go the eff away!

As for the fillibuster.... please...please...please... try! It's just the next in a long line of potholes the left keeps falling into on the way from losing yet another national election. Please....please...pretty please!

:applause: :applause: :applause: Right on.Don't forget he votes for things before he votes against them.

Too little, Too Late Kerry. Your time is over, you had your chance to be anti-bush in 2004, but you blew it. Move On.....NEXT.

Dang it! This is exactly what I was going to say! Kerry has no credibility now. Now he wants to (pretend to) have a spine, when there isn't a presidency at stake.

By the way, President Dub says that "alleged" records are A-OK!

He stands no chance of getting the nomination again. That boat has sailed for him, just as it did for Gore in 2000.

Look for Gore to get the nomination in 08', to think a mans political career is gone because of a close contested election is really shortsighted. . .especially considering Nixon is from your party.

Actually I think Kerry would have been worse, he wouldn't know what to do right now with what is going on with the world. He isn't even the best politician in his state.

I disagree with the first, is there a more inept politician with less clout on the global scene then Bush right now? In my lifetime, even Carter had more clout then Bush in terms of garnering global support, take China for instance.

It was always accustom for China to release a few political prisoners when a world leader arrives for talks, but wehn Bush visited, they actually decided to take MORE prisoners :doh:

I would say Gore is in a much better position then Kerry for '08(Not saying Gore will be the nominee, but just comparing the two to each other) When Gore ran against Bush, it was before the horror of Bush's first four years, so he had little to say, and he nothing much to go on, plus he made the foolish mistake of pretending to forget who Bill Clinton was, and people didn't like that.

Kerry on the other hand, had the Presidency in the bag if he would have just opposed Bush outright, instead of wimping on every issue and not being clear in his stances. People were ready to dump Bush in '04, and Kerry pretty much made sure that wasn't going to happen by coming off as Bush-lite.

Just curious if any of the people replying to this thread have read "The Brethren". Knee jerk reactions when electing justices to the Supreme Court tend to sprout up like a crab grass of political agendas.

Granted, the book is a little dated but may help others form, shall I say, a better informed opinion.

Archived