Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Mock, explanations included.

SkinzFan007

Took a lot of time and research on this one. Thoughts are welcome.

**Before we start let me explain the Skins pick. This pick is based on the opinion of mine that we will sign both a WR and a DE in FA. I personally like Kampman and Lloyd but thats another discussion.

Trades:

-Vikings send Culpepper and their 3rd Rounder to Arizona for Arizona's 1st round and a conditional draft pick in 2007.

-Vikings trade their second round pick to NY to move up from the Arizona spot to the Jets spot.

-49ers trade their second round draft pick and swap 3rd rounds with the Steelers to move into the steelers first round spot.

Houston Texans - Reggie Bush

Should they take D'Brickshaw? Probably. Will they Bush instead? Yes.

New Orleans Saints - Vince Young

This is a tough one. They have to go QB and the question is which one. I think they go with Vince because they need to keep their fans and he should be fans in the seats more immediately.

Tennesee Titans - D'Brickshaw Ferguson

The Titans have made it public that they are looking for McNair's replacement but that can and will be done later. For now, Brick is a future probowler and a one of a kind OT. Great pick here by Ten.

Minnesota Vikings (Trade) - Matt Leinhart

With Leinhart still on the board the Vikings jump all over it for Culpeppers replacement. He'll sit a year behind Johnson and will be better off for it.

Green Bay Packers - AJ Hawk

If the Packers lose Kampman to FA then I think they go with Mario but I feel like he is probably their #1 priority to resign. AJ is an animal and should step right in with an immediate impact.

Oakland Raiders - Mario Williams

Burgess had a great year but they still need another lineman and Mario is the best player available defensively which we all know is what they need.

San Fransisco 49ers - Michael Huff

Definitely fills a need for the Niners. Huff will shoot up boards. He is a great tackler, had good speed, and great instincts on the ball.

Buffalo Bills - Winston Justice

O-line is fure sure the biggest need for the Bills and Justice has a ton of upside. Anyway he blocked for Bush and White at USC and we all know how they did. I like this pick for the Bills a lot.

Detroit Lions - Chad Greenway

Lions have way too many needs on the Defensive side of the ball to draft a QB here. Greenway should step in and start right away.

New York Jets (Trade) - Lendale White

If I'm a Jets fan I'm real happy with this pick. It's obvious they need a RB with Martin's age and Martin should be able to teach Lendale a thing or to this upcoming year.

St. Louis Rams - Jimmy Williams

The Rams secondary has more holes in it than swiss cheese. Whether he plays CB or S he is an upgrade at both for the Rams who desperately need a playmaker in the secondary.

Cleveland Browns - Haloti Ngata

Browns are ecstatic that Ngata has fallen onto their laps. They didn't want to have to draft Kiwi and are way better off with Ngata who will look great in their 3-4.

Baltimore Ravens - DeAngelo Williams

I think Jamal is as good as gone. The O-line is aging but they can get a guard in later rounds. The question now is who fits better in the Ravens offense. Williams or Morency?

Philadelphia Eagles - Mathius Kiwinaka

His stocks on its way down but I don't think it drops past the Eagles who happily add a nice pass rusher to their D line and should play well next to Kearse.

Atlanta Falcons - Ko Simpson

Hall has been a nice addition to their secondary but they need a safety at both spots. They would have loved Huff to fall but that isn't happening.

Miami Dolphins - Jay Cutler

This is a good fit. All I ask of the Dolphins is to not play him in his first year. I think Gus has another year in him or they may sign another vet qb but they definitely need someone for the future.

Minnesota Vikings - Vernon Davis

I hope this doesn't happen cause I'm a huge Vernon Davis fan. He is too good to pass up here at 17. Leinhart to Davis will be sick in years to come. They can get a LB in free agency but not someone like Davis.

San Diego Chargers - Tye Hill

Chargers have not had much luck in the past drafting cornerbacks but they need to try again. Hill has had a great campaign this week and will shoot up draft boards. Hopefully this one works out for the Cargers.

Dallas Cowboys - Eric Winston

Cowboys desperately need a new tackle. Winston underperformed this year and that is why he has dropped this far. Cowboys take a chance based on his potential and their glaring need.

Kansas City Chiefs - Tamba Hali

With Edwards at the helm, they will probably go Defense which is a great idea for them for obvious reasons. Solid campaign by Allen this year and with some help on the other side of him he should have an even better year next year.

New England Patriots - Laurence Maroney

Dillon has played pretty well since moving to New England but he is getting up there in age and Faulk is not a starter, besides the fact that he is 30 also. If Maroney drops to the Pats they will probably grab him in a heart beat.

Denver Broncos - Santonio Holmes

Smith is aging and Lelie has been as inconsistent as is possible. Holmes is a threat to score a TD everytime he touches the ball.

Tampa Bay Bucs - Marcus McNeill

Cadillac likes this pick. He gets a new lineman that he ever so needs.

Cincinati Bengals - Gabe Watson

Gabe is climbing up boards extremely fast and has had a great showing this week. Bengals could sure use some nice bulk in the middle, especially someone who can penetrate and make a tackle.

NY Giants - Demeco Ryan

LB or CB. It has to be. Of the two positions Demeco is the BPA and the obvious choice.

Jacksonville Jaguars - Mercedes Lewis

Kyle Brady sure can block but the guy can't run a route and can't catch a ball. Mercedes can do both.

Chicago Bears - Antonio Cromartie

They could go TE or WR with this pick but I don't see the value here at this pick vs the potential of Cromartie. He should really solidify the Bears D as a top 5 for a couple more years.

Carolina Panthers - Leonard Pope

They need to take pressure off of Steve Smith but I think they really like Drew Carter. Pope is way better than any TE they have.

San Fransisco 49ers (Trade) - Manny Lawson

The biggest need for this team is a playmaker on the defensive side. Lawsome is that and more. He's flying up charts and if he's still available in the late first and a team is willing to deal then they'd be dumb to not try and move in for the steal.

Denver Broncos - Broderick Bunkley

Cleveland's scrubs won't cut it. Bunkley is a nice addition to this line as he has great playmaking abilities.

Indianapolis Colts - Bobby Carpenter

Colts get real lucky here. Cato may be gone and even if he stays the colts may look for some depth at LB anyway.

Seatle Seahawks - Ernie Sims

Seahawks were hoping Carpenter slipped by the Colts but were unlucky. They could go corner here or guard depending on Hutchenson staying or leaving but I think theres still move value and LB with Sims on the board

Round 2

Houston Texans - Jonathon Scott

New Orleans Saints - Claude Wrogten

Tennesee Titans - Dqwell Jackson

NY Jets - Max Gilles

Green Bay Packers - Tatsui Latui

Oakland Raiders - Darnell Bing

Pittsburg Steelers (trade) - Martin Nance

Buffalo Bills - Rod Wright

Detroit Lions - Omar Jacobs

Arizona Cardinals - Joseph Addai

St. Louis Rams - Jesse Mahelone

Cleveland Browns - Abdul Hodge

Baltimore Ravens - Ryan OCallaghan

Philadelphia Eagles - Chad Jackson, WR

Atlanta Falcons - Kamerion Wimbley

Miami Dolphins - Ashton Youboty

NY Jets (Trade) - Daryn Colledge

San Diego Chargers - Jasan Allen

Dallas Cowboys - Kai Parham

Kansas City Chiefs - Sinorice Moss

New England Patriots - Thomas Howard

Washington Redskins - Richard Marshall - http://www.draftshowcase.com/RichardMarshall.wmv

Tampa Bay Bucs - Nick Mangold

Cincinati Bengals - Greg Blue

NY Giants - Kelly Jennings

Jacksonville Jaguars - Davin Joseph

Chicago Bears - Anthony Fasano

Carolina Panthers - Maurice Stovall

Pittsburg Steelers - Greg Eslinger

Denver Broncos - Brodie Coyle

Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Whitworth

Seatle Seahawks - Parys Haralson

Leinhart won't last until 4.

Good reasoning...

I can easily see it happening for the reason that I have described. Saints desperately need to keep fans and Leinhart has already made comments about not preferring to play in NO. With that said, D'Brickshaw is really special. He has shown all week this week that he is a future pro bowler and has been coached by the Titans coach so I wouldn't be surprised if a relationship has formed.

That and reading around on most boards, fans want D Brick over a qb.

I've never heard of him...help!

Found him. He is a 5"11 190 pound Corner from Fresno State. He is listed as a junior and is the 15th ranked corner on a site that I found. I would think we would take the likes of

Antonio Cromartie

Alan Zemaitis

Ashton Youboty

Devin Hester

Atleast one of these guys should be there should we decide to go corner. Can't you just see the media ripping the Skins apart if they took a corner with this pick. Not that I care what they think but man they would eat this up.

Okay now I see that some of those guys are gone in this mock.

Found him. He is a 5"11 190 pound Corner from Fresno State. He is listed as a junior and is the 15th ranked corner on a site that I found. I would think we would take the likes of

Antonio Cromartie

Alan Zemaitis

Ashton Youboty

Devin Hester

Atleast one of these guys should be there should we decide to go corner. Can't you just see the media ripping the Skins apart if they took a corner with this pick. Not that I care what they think but man they would eat this up.

That site must not be updated. Look around he is and will be a second rounder and probably the 4th or 5th ranked corner on most boards. i added a video too.

Cromartie is a 1st rounder, Zemaitis and Youboty are not Greg Williams types of players. You can't leave them on an Island like you can with Marshall as Greg likes to do at times. Marshall is also more aggressive and a better tackler than both of them.

Also, Youboty is already off my board.

Hester is a project and not 2nd round talent.

That site must not be updated. Look around he is and will be a second rounder and probably the 4th or 5th ranked corner on most boards. i added a video too.

Cromartie is a 1st rounder, Zemaitis and Youboty are not Greg Williams types of players. You can't leave them on an Island like you can with Marshall as Greg likes to do at times. Marshall is also more aggressive and a better tackler than both of them.

Hester is a project and not 2nd round talent.

Looks like a strong tackler. GW loves those kind of guys. With the addition of Saunders I think we may look at finding a reciever he likes. Possibly Maurice Stovall.

I dont know about any of those trades, but they are probably some off the wall guesses.

One disagreement I have is the Colts taking Bobby Carpenter over Ernie Sims. I think Sims would fit in much better in their cover 2 scheme than Carpenter would. Carpenter is more of an attack the line LB

i agree with most of your draft but i really think the browns will take kiwi or deangello williams. they need another playmaker at the lb/de in the 3-4 crenell runs, and droughns is a good back but hes 30 i think. and he might not be best as an every down back.

just think of that offense if they took williams for the future. charlie frye, winslow jr, braylon edwards, and deangello williams. they could be the next kansas city chiefs if they got a good o-line to block. i really think cleveland is going to be a powerhouse in the future with all those young guns on offense.

you heard it here first. deangello to cleveland = money.

i will also have my mock draft up sometime this weekend. maybe even tonight.

Taylorpick6,

Crennell already said that the Browns are looking to add defense, as they should with the wholes they have. In my situation Ngata falls to to them who is a better fit than Kiwi. Not many DT's fit the 3-4 any better than Ngata so if he's there then it will be him over kiwi or williams.

Ngata falling isn't too likely but it is definatly possible given the right circumstances wiht other teams.

Cutler has a lot of experts saying a lot of differnt things. Some say top 10 while others say mid round. he's a tough one to call right now.

All I'm saying is I think that the Saints will Take Young over Leinhart.

He has an upside very similar to Mike Vick. I think Young has better accrucry as well as a better quarterback mentality and is just as much of a threat to run the ball as Vick is.

Take that and add to the fact that Young is a sexy pick. His game is fun to watch and people will want to see what he can do more right away then people will of Leinhart.

Now throw in that Leinhart has been dumb enough to make comments regarding NO not being the place that he would want to play. I think Young's personality fits more of what New Orleans needs vs. that of Leinhart.

New England Patriots - Thomas Howard

Washington Redskins - Richard Marshall - http://www.draftshowcase.com/RichardMarshall.wmv

Tampa Bay Bucs - Nick Mangold

Cincinati Bengals - Greg Blue

NY Giants - Kelly Jennings

Jacksonville Jaguars - Davin Joseph

Chicago Bears - Anthony Fasano

Carolina Panthers - Maurice Stovall

Pittsburg Steelers - Greg Eslinger

Denver Broncos - Brodie Coyle

Indianapolis Colts - Andrew Whitworth

Seatle Seahawks - Parys Haralson

I don't know if Joe Gibbs could pass up Anthony Fasano, if availible. JG loves his TE's and Fasano is a Gibbs type player at a position we could use an upgrade at. Cooley and Fasano for the next 8+ years...wow! :2cents:

Archived