Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saunders an example of changing opinion of the organization

stevenaa

Just now listened to the introduction press conference. Saunders said that as he has gotten older in his coaching career, one of the most important things is to work for team that is fully committed to winning and doing it the right way(paraphrased).

I think one of JG's biggest accomplishments in his first two years is totally changing the perception of this organizaton. It is great to have the best coaches want to be here and you know players around the league have taken notice and will want to be here. It's alway been about the money in the past because we weren't providing the opportunity to win. Now we provide that and more. It's good times.

This league is fast becomeing a coaches league. Parity is close, the difference today is often coaching and preparation. Snyder has seen this and is investing in quality coaches, more then he is in players. Or, is supporting the players the coaching staff choses to go after, and not who he wants to go after.

The teams that are doing the best have stability and long term coaches.

You could never fault Dan for trying. He made some mistakes, but has consistently demonstrated he's learned and moved forward. He wants to win as much as any fan. It's great to have an honor who is as dedicated as he is.

well I love what hes done with the team and all the moves hes willing to make (he puts up a ton of money other owners would never put up) but I dont like the stadium prices and everything that has to do with the stadium basically but I mean you cant question the man's dedication

I think one of JG's biggest accomplishments in his first two years is totally changing the perception of this organizaton. It is great to have the best coaches want to be here and you know players around the league have taken notice and will want to be here. It's alway been about the money in the past because we weren't providing the opportunity to win. Now we provide that and more. It's good times.

Changing players' attitudes and locker room culture from loser to winner cannot be understated. JG is doing a fantastic coaching job.

I think our view on Snyder would have been different if he had been able to talk Gibbs back into coaching when he first took over the team. God knows he tried every year. It just took time for Joe to realize he needed to come back. The mistakes that Dan made along the way to getting Gibbs back were the result of a passionate Redskins Fan trying to find his way. Going after big name players the way most of us would if we ever woke up one morning the owner of the team we've loved all of our lives. He finally has what he has always wanted. He has Coach Gibbs in charge directing his team so he can sit back and be a fan again.

Archived