Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Great choices for the Head Coach position in the future.

flexxskins

I personally hope that I live to a ripe old age of 90 something and that when I die, Joe Gibbs will still be coaching the Washington Redskins. But, because of the stress on my job and the coaches contract, neither one is likely to happen.

Gregg Williams has seem to be most everyone heres favorite pick to take over the HC position whenever coach Gibbs decides to step down. IMO, Williams displays a kind of ****y, boarderline arrogant at times way about him, that I guess comes along with the kind of success that he and his staff have been able to achieve. I can definitely think of some successful HC's that have those distinct qualities.

On the other hand, we now have Al Saunders in the fold. I don't know a whole lot about coach Saunders, but he seem to me to be a direct opposite (personality wise) of Gregg Williams. IMO, Saunders appears to be socialable, approachable and somewhat layed back (if thats even possible for a coach). While listening to him speak the other day, I got the feeling like I was listening to Pa Paw, Pop Pop, Grandpa of sorts or whatever the title may be in your family. :) I can think of some successful HC's that have these qualities also.

Al Saunders is obviously a successful coach. And if he can bring as much success to the offensive side of the Redskins as Gregg Williams has brought to the defensive side, we are definitely going to have some fun here trying to choose who we want as successor.

My opinion is that Saunders is the most arrogant of our two top assistants. Gregg Williams is very sure of himself, but I do not think that he believes himself better than anyone. I can't say the same about Al Saunders based on my first impression. That being said, I'm glad we have a ****y genius coaching our offense.

I think that the next head coach after Gibbs has already been decided and that person will come from within, whoever it may be.

Why is everyone ready to throw Joe out the door. He has 3 years left on his contract and said he intends to stay that long. Let's wait another 2 years b4 we start talking about his successor. Enjoy JG for the next 3 years.
Did you even read the first part of what I wrote? I wish that J.Gibbs would never leave. So how could this be viewed as "ready to throw Joe out the door?" This is basically the same concept as speaking about Jason Campbell and his future.

My opinion is that Saunders is the most arrogant of our two top assistants. Gregg Williams is very sure of himself, but I do not think that he believes himself better than anyone. I can't say the same about Al Saunders based on my first impression. That being said, I'm glad we have a ****y genius coaching our offense.

I think that the next head coach after Gibbs has already been decided and that person will come from within, whoever it may be.

You saw Saunders as arrogant, really? Hmmm.

I personally hope that I live to a ripe old age of 90 something and that when I die, Joe Gibbs will still be coaching the Washington Redskins. But, because of the stress on my job and the coaches contract, neither one is likely to happen.

When you are 90 years old, Gibbs will be about 115 years old. I am positive that's not going to happen.

I didn't get the impression that Saunders came here to one day be the head coach. It seemed to me that he was upset that he didn't get the KC job because he was basically in the position that Williams holds with the Redskins right now -- the odds-on favorite to be the next head coach. But, unlike Williams, Saunders hasn't said that he absolutely wants to be a head coach again. Plus, he's getting up there in age as well. When Gibbs resigns from the head coach position in a few years to be solely the team president, Williams will be named the head coach unless he has already left town. If he is gone and Blache is still here, I'd love to see Blache as the next head coach -- the players love the guy. But, like you said, I think it's great for this team to have so many options in its own coaching ranks to be able to promote from within when Gibbs steps down.

I like Williams' aggresiveness. The second Cowboys game this season after Bledsoe was sacked like the 5th time, Gregg was on the sidelines swinging his arms through the air like some enraged gorilla.. he still wanted blood!

Dunno how Saunders compares to that but IMO Gregg is already pencilled in for HC position so it's a moot point.

I like Williams' aggresiveness. The second Cowboys game this season after Bledsoe was sacked like the 5th time, Gregg was on the sidelines swinging his arms through the air like some enraged gorilla.. he still wanted blood!

Dunno how Saunders compares to that but IMO Gregg is already pencilled in for HC position so it's a moot point.

:laugh: :laugh: I remember seeing that. That was great!

Archived