Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terps Football Release Schedule

heyholetsgogrant

2006 MARYLAND FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Date Opponent (TV) Site Time

Sept. 2 WILLIAM & MARY Byrd Stadium 6 p.m.

Sept. 9 MIDDLE TENNESSEE Byrd Stadium 6 p.m.

Sept. 16 West Virginia Morgantown, W.Va. TBA

Sept. 23 FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL Byrd Stadium 6:00 p.m.

Sept. 30 OPEN

Oct. 7 at Georgia Tech* Atlanta, Ga. TBA

Oct. 14 at Virginia* Charlottesville, Va. TBA

Oct. 21 NC STATE* Byrd Stadium TBA

Oct. 28 Florida State* Byrd Stadium TBA

Nov. 4 at Clemson* Clemson, S.C. TBA

Nov. 11 MIAMI* Byrd Stadium TBA

Nov. 18 at Boston College* Chestnut Hill, Mass. TBA

Nov. 25 WAKE FOREST* Byrd Stadium TBA

Dec. 2 ACC Championship Game Jacksonville, Fla. 1:00 p.m.

I much rather face D1 schools like Rutgers,navy, or face teams in the MAC...Looks like Temple game is gone..I am so looking forward to facing Florida Int, William and Mary, and Middle tennesse :) .

-Grant

As a diehard Terp, and alumnus, I am completely and utterly embarassed. We should be ineligible from bowl consideration for that schedule, even if we go undefeated and win the ACC Championship. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Pretty sad that we need to sell out and play a 1-AA school, a 2nd year 1-A school, and a middle-of-the-pack Sun Belt school in hopes of getting back to 6 wins and the MPC Computers Bowl or Meineke Car Care Bowl.

As a diehard Terp, and alumnus, I am completely and utterly embarassed. We should be ineligible from bowl consideration for that schedule, even if we go undefeated and win the ACC Championship. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Pretty sad that we need to sell out and play a 1-AA school, a 2nd year 1-A school, and a middle-of-the-pack Sun Belt school in hopes of getting back to 6 wins and the MPC Computers Bowl or Meineke Car Care Bowl.

Yeah I currently go to MD, and everyone is like "I though Ralph was trying to get us back in the spot light.".....but facing 6 gemme wins is a joke, and wont help recruiting or by putting us back in the nation spotlight again...

-Grant

Yeah I currently go to MD, and everyone is like "I though Ralph was trying to get us back in the spot light.".....but facing 6 gemme wins is a joke, and wont help recruiting or by putting us back in the nation spotlight again...

-Grant

We'll get no respect with that non-conference schedule. The only defense we have is that WVU will be a legit top 10, maybe top 5 team in the nation, and the ACC should be loaded next season. But come on, why are we playing W&M? Drop that game, and replace FIU with, like you said, a MAC school or a C-USA school who we would be heavy favorites against. Playing W&M and MTSU leading into WVU on the road.... :doh: We're going to get hammered in Morgantown.

We'll get no respect with that non-conference schedule. The only defense we have is that WVU will be a legit top 10, maybe top 5 team in the nation, and the ACC should be loaded next season. But come on, why are we playing W&M? Drop that game, and replace FIU with, like you said, a MAC school or a C-USA school who we would be heavy favorites against. Playing W&M and MTSU leading into WVU on the road.... :doh: We're going to get hammered in Morgantown.

Has ralph turned into the Gary Williams of this year?...facing way to many medocre/bad out of conference teams?

-Grant

Has ralph turned into the Gary Williams of this year?...facing way to many medocre/bad out of conference teams?

-Grant

Pretty much! It's a shame we are going to have to live with that reputation for the next few years now. Both programs need the boost in confidence though after a couple of down seasons. Hopefully Fridge and Yow didn't have to sign multiyear deals with MTSU and FIU, but I fear they did. Geez, at least UVA and VT pick on teams from respectable conferences.

It could be worse, we aren't quite chronic cupcake-schedulers like UConn and Cuse hoops, or VT football was up until a few years ago.

I know gary did schdule some suspect teams this year but Maryland did go to the Maui tournament and play Gonzaga #7 and the played GW #15.

We got an unfortunate draw in Maui. Had we played Arkansas or Kansas in the first game and won, we would've ended up playing 2 of either Gonzaga, Mich St, UConn, or Arizona in the other 2 games. Instead we lost to Gonzaga in the first round, then had to play Chaminade (which doesn't even count as a game for us) and Arkansas. It was also unfortunate that because of our lousy ACC record last year, we got stuck with Minnesota for the ACC/Big 10, especially in a year when the Big 10 has a lot of good teams.

couldn't agree with you more..........

I would have liked to face these teams, because they Close to College park, and can make a game; Akron, Navy, Miami (OH), Marshall, Toledo, Bowling Green, East Corlina, Cent Florida, Memphis...or even a Medocre Big East, Big ten, and or Big 12 team, like Northwestern, Indiana, Illinois, Pitt, UCONN, South Florida, and Rutgers..

-Grant

We got an unfortunate draw in Maui. Had we played Arkansas or Kansas in the first game and won, we would've ended up playing 2 of either Gonzaga, Mich St, UConn, or Arizona in the other 2 games. Instead we lost to Gonzaga in the first round, then had to play Chaminade (which doesn't even count as a game for us) and Arkansas. It was also unfortunate that because of our lousy ACC record last year, we got stuck with Minnesota for the ACC/Big 10, especially in a year when the Big 10 has a lot of good teams.

Yeah...but that Gonzaga-Michigan St game was one of the greatest regular season college games that I have EVER seen.

Archived