Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yes, it's another Arrington thread, sort of.

feeshta

Ray Lewis

LMAO!!!

I know you're joking, but somebody would have said it seriously.

If we got Ray Lewis in order to move Marshall back to WLB and fill the MLB void, that would be contrary to the solitary reason for getting rid of Lavar, which is to free up future cap room. I mean seriously, why would we invest big $$$ in an aging superstar when we have a younger, 27 year old WLB who is coming off a knee injury and when healthy is a superstar himself?

And don't anyone fool yourselves into thinking Lewis would take a drastic paycut to play in DC. He has his ring.

I dont get those who insist Marshall would be better suited at WLB.

I believe we all understand that he is extremely versatile at either position. His experience at WLB helped him mature and play better as the Mike. We need to fill LA's position (most likely) so I would look to the FA market for a solid OLB; however, if one can not be found I would consider a solid MLB as well. Which ever player could be had as the "best player available" for the money. This would decide where Marshall plays. It's good that Williams has this kind of flexibility.

AJ Hawk is a bust waiting to happen. He reminds me of Andy Katzohemoyer. I sure I spelled his name wrong, but football fans know who I'm talking about.
I agree...I don't think he'll be a bust, but I don't think he's worth a first-round pick. He will have a solid year for whoever, but it will be by no means spectacular...

You guys have got to be kidding me!!! :doh: Katzenmoyer never did have a clue what was going on and isn't near the player nor is he close to the intelligence level (on the field) as Hawk is. Braylon Edwards was quoted before last year's draft as saying Hawk was the toughest guy he has ever played against and that he gave him more problems then most db's.

Hawk is just so athletic and fast for his position. He's a great pass rusher and can cover as well as any linebacker out there. Just because of the fact that i love the guy and believe he'll be a great player i wouldn't be too upset to see him take over for arrington but i still wouldn't be happy about it.

Cap-wise, and the fact that he is a great player and will be completely recovered next year (injuries like his take more than rehab to completely heal) i think he'll be great. Clemons or someone would do a decent job but they are not LAVAR!

So was Coles 9 mill. but the front office just chased it with some water.

Coles didn't want to be here. LA does. Coles got 90 balls thrown at him and said it wasn't enough. Add to that the Jits had a receiver that Snyder wished he had drafted a coupla years earlier .. Santana Moss. Snyder named his terms and the Jits accepted, thinking they were getting the better deal.

Not saying that some team won't come forth with a blockbuster deal in trade for LA, but I don't think that'll happen. LA is staying right here, in B&G.

Archived