Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst team to make the super bowl?

rvan1

in response to the "best team to lose the super bowl" thread, i think the other point suggested, worst team to make the super bowl, is also worth discussion.

My vote?

00-01 Giants team that lost to the Ravens. After the beat the heavily favored Vikings (41-0 was it?), they went on to the Super Bowl to prove that their NFC championship win was in fact a terrible fluke.

in response to the "best team to lose the super bowl" thread, i think the other point suggested, worst team to make the super bowl, is also worth discussion.

My vote?

00-01 Giants team that lost to the Ravens. After the beat the heavily favored Vikings (41-0 was it?), they went on to the Super Bowl to prove that their NFC championship win was in fact a terrible fluke.

I agree, that year it was like, the giants? what? How did that happen? :logo::logo::logo:

That's a good team to pick how about the old and washed up 93 Buffalo Bills playing in their 4th SB they had no chance.

Or the 94 San Diego Chargers did anyone think they would be with in 21 of the Niners.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

definitely. the AFC was SOOO weak those years.

That's a good team to pick how about the old and washed up 93 Buffalo Bills playing in their 4th SB they had no chance.

Or the 94 San Diego Chargers did anyone think they would be with in 21 of the Niners.

94 Chargers get my vote. That's the year I think the Steelers were supposed to go. Chargers were out of their league that year.

that 2000 giants team was horrible, they got so damn lucky.

They shouldn't have even been in the playoffs.

Kerry Collins?!

The Giants were the #1 seed that year. Although I agree they sucked, and the Vikings rolled over in that NFC championship game.....

The 2005 Seattle Seahawks????

The Falcons hands down..they didn't stand a chance. Eugene Robinson screwing around before the game, and the fluke missed field goal by Gary Anderson in the NFC Championship, he hadn't missed a kick all year.

Randall Cunningham had an unbelievable year, just throwing the ball as far as he could, i think it was Moss's rookie season. The Vikings had 3 good receivers, and Robert Smith..that is an almost unstoppable offense.

2000 Giants, hands down.

At least the Chargers had some decent players, Humphries, Seau, Natrone Means, Shawn Jefferson. But who did the Giants have beside Collins and Barber??

Everybody knows that Minnesota was supposed to be in that SB but choked up BIG TIME in the championship game.

2000 Giants, hands down.

At least the Chargers had some decent players, Humphries, Seau, Natrone Means, Shawn Jefferson. But who did the Giants have beside Collins and Barber??

Everybody knows that Minnesota was supposed to be in that SB but choked up BIG TIME in the championship game.

Strahan, Armstead, Toomer, and that's about it.

The planets aligned perfectly for the 2000 Giants. An 8-8 team that had everything go exactly right for them all season. They'd be my modern pick.

In an earlier thread (which I'm too lazy to merge with this one) someone mentioned the 79 Rams, which I think is a good choice. A 9-7 team should never get to the Superbowl, but they DID give the Steelers a game, which is more than I can say for teams like the Giants, Chargers and Falcons.

I'd also add the Atlanta Falcons team that lost to the Broncos, did anywone really think Chris Chandler and Co. really had a chance?

You beat me to it, I remeber that game, I actually almost cried becuase my brother was a Falcons fan and I put so much heat and soul for the Vikings to win that game. Honerable mentions: 94 Chargers, 00 Giants.

The planets aligned perfectly for the 2000 Giants. An 8-8 team that had everything go exactly right for them all season. They'd be my modern pick.

In an earlier thread (which I'm too lazy to merge with this one) someone mentioned the 79 Rams, which I think is a good choice. A 9-7 team should never get to the Superbowl, but they DID give the Steelers a game, which is more than I can say for teams like the Giants, Chargers and Falcons.

The common thread with the Falcons & the 2000 giants, they got to play Minny in the NFC Title game. The Vikings always choke.

That being said, the Falcons were 14-2 that year. And had career years from Chris Chandler & Jamal Anderson. But everything fell into place for them.

The defending NFC Champion Packers got knocked out in the first round in San Francisco. (The Rice non-fumble/Owens, Owens, Owens) game. Then, the 49ers then had their primary running back, Garrison Hearst tear his knee in 7 different directions on the first play of the divisional game against Atlanta. Add the Vikes in the title game, you have a perfect recipe for a ****ty superbowl.

Archived