Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Palestinian PM quits after apparent Hamas win

Thiebear

This election, combined with Sharon's stroke, changes everything. There's going to be a war, soon. Not an expedition like Iraq or Afghanistan, but a straight up war. You've got this going on with the Palestinians, you've got Amaninajad (sp?) in Iran, tension in Russia (Chechnya, Russian support of Iranian nuclear power, Putin's power grab, etc.), North Korea being crazy as usual, Pakistan is pissed at us, China's still looming out there ready to drive America out of Asia; something is going to have to give. All this debate over Iraq is moot, I'm starting to believe. I still think Iraq was a mistake, but I think it's going to get to a point sometime in the near future where it really doesn't matter. We'll have bigger issues on the table.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope we can be aimlessly debating the war in Iraq 3 years from now. It would mean that nothing of greater magnitude is occurring.

Oh my God! I think that I agree with AFC. I'm not sure that this is a bad thing. It's not like Fatah was doing anything positive for peace.

Who knows what the outcome will be, but there is at least a chance for a new dynamic. Hamas will have to spend time improving the lot of the Palestinians on the ground, all that domestic stuff is going to take up time and energy. They won't be able to sabotage any positive move that Fatah did make by strapping on the dynamite and walking into Tel Aviv. They are the government now, maybe, just maybe they will decide to act like it.

As they said, only Nixon could go to China, maybe only Hamas can deliver a settlement with Israel.

Either way, there will be no more nonsnense about the government being able or unable to crack down on the terrorists. They ARE the terrorists.

Oh my God! I think that I agree with AFC. I'm not sure that this is a bad thing. It's not like Fatah was doing anything positive for peace.

Who knows what the outcome will be, but there is at least a chance for a new dynamic. Hamas will have to spend time improving the lot of the Palestinians on the ground, all that domestic stuff is going to take up time and energy. They won't be able to sabotage any positive move that Fatah did make by strapping on the dynamite and walking into Tel Aviv. They are the government now, maybe, just maybe they will decide to act like it.

As they said, only Nixon could go to China, maybe only Hamas can deliver a settlement with Israel.

Either way, there will be no more nonsnense about the government being able or unable to crack down on the terrorists. They ARE the terrorists.

And as a 'government" they are going to have to have meetings. Meetings all in one place.

Yes, this could work out quite well :D

Archived