Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNNSI: Top Super Bowl Coaches of All Time (merged)

Clinton "F'n" Portis

I would switch Gibbs and Belichick. Belichick had in essence the same core and Tom Brady. Gibbs had 3 different QBs, and 3 different Running Backs. I personally feel thats a greater accomplishment than having a dominant team stay together and keep winning. Gibbs also had to deal with the Strike and replacement players.

I would switch Gibbs and Belichick. Belichick had in essence the same core and Tom Brady. Gibbs had 3 different QBs, and 3 different Running Backs. I personally feel thats a greater accomplishment than having a dominant team stay together and keep winning. Gibbs also had to deal with the Strike and replacement players.

I'm sure the reasoning is that Gibbs also has a loss in the SB. Give Belichick and Gibbs another couple of years and Gibbs moves in on Noll. :notworthy

I'm sure the reasoning is that Gibbs also has a loss in the SB. Give Belichick and Gibbs another couple of years and Gibbs moves in on Noll. :notworthy

oh yeah...forgot about the loss to the Raiders. I try to block things like that from my mind. I can't remember for the life of me if there actually was a superbowl VII either, i think they just skipped to 8 from 6. :silly:

After next year, there won't be any doubt who #1 is.

To put that twerp Belichick ahead of Joe Gibbs is a travesty. Gibbs' teams were far superior to any of the Patriot teams.

That is probably an argument on why he is behind Belichick, Gibbs had better teams so the coaching was "easier"

One more win and he'll jump to #1 for sure. 4 SB's with 4 different QB's and RB's... unless Byner beats CP for the RB spot and Rypien beats Brunell.... I'm sure they have almost the same age :)

Gibbs is in about the right place.

But the list is horrible. Where's Tom Landry? Where's Don Shula?

I'm sorry but Landry winning 2 and appearing in 5 and Don Shula winning 2 and appearing in 6 is far far far more impressive than Mike Shanahan, Bill Parcells, Hank Stramm and certainly Weeb Ewbank.

What a joke.

I'm sorry but Landry winning 2 and appearing in 5 and Don Shula winning 2 and appearing in 6 is far far far more impressive than Mike Shanahan, Bill Parcells, Hank Stramm and certainly Weeb Ewbank.

What a joke.

Shula? How many SB's did Shula lose? A lot... if I'm not wrong.

What a joke.

DITTO> Shanahan was too high. esp if they included Stram and Eubanks -IMO

He lost 4. He won 2.

I think winning two and appearing in 4 others is more impressive than just winning two (Shanahan/Parcells) or winning 1 and losing 1 (Stramm) or just winning 1 (Weeb).

I get what you are saying, but I think they say Top Coaches IN the SB, not Top Coaches to reach the SB. Therefore, if you only look at the SB's, anyone with a losing record must not make the list IMO.

With that said, Shula and Landry were better coaches than Shanahan/Parcells/Weeb IMO

Archived