Extremeskins

Turnaround Teams In NFC For Next Year?

RiggoReincarnated

This year we had:

Chicago....5-11 to 11-5

Tampa......5-11 to 11-5

New York...6-10 to 11-5

Washington 6-10 to 10-6

Next year who do you think the major turnaround teams in the NFC will be? I know a number of people pick Philadelphia, and that's understandable given their past success and the return of McNabb/Westbrook.

I also think Arizona is going to become a 9-7 or 10-6 team. They have immense talent on offense but just have to convert more in the red zone, and their defense is solid. Strangely enough, both their offense and defense this year finished statistically ahead of the Redskins.

I can definitely see the Cardinals being a solid team next year. The Eagles

should be in the mix also even though I believe that they are on an overall

downward slope from the 4-5 years of great play they had. I think that

Atlanta will be back in the mix also. I am not sold on Miami yet. New England

is also on a downward slope. The colts will have a drop off also.

Philly will be good again next year.

The Cardinals will never get it done. C'mon, they're the Cardinals.

Sure would be nice if we could get either Boldin or Fitzgerald over here...wonder if they might be willing to part with either one for perhaps Betts and a draft pick, or Ramsey. They had absolutely no running game last year.

I think the 3 one you have to look at first are atlanta, philly and minnesota. Two of those were in the championship game just last year. And minnesota was pretty highly regarded at the beginning of the season and has a decent amount of talent spread all over the team. Not sure about Green bay; do they even keep ahman green?? They definitely get back javon walker ........ but they still wont be a playoff team

I think the 3 one you have to look at first are atlanta, philly and minnesota. Two of those were in the championship game just last year. And minnesota was pretty highly regarded at the beginning of the season and has a decent amount of talent spread all over the team. Not sure about Green bay; do they even keep ahman green?? They definitely get back javon walker ........ but they still wont be a playoff team

Green Bay depends totally on Favre and whether he comes back. If they have to start Rogers no way are they better than last year. Minny is interesting, and a lot depends on Ziggy. Is he gonna clean house? Keep the core players, what's he gonna do? If they do ship Culpepper off, I don't see how they get much better. I think their run late last year was deceiving and I don't think they can do it again. Atlanta's hard to read as well. If TO goes there, how do they not get better immediately?

For some teams no one has mentioned, I can see the Rams coming back somewhat. If Linehan will dedicate to Jackson 1st, then throwing 2nd, they could make a little jump. Enough to make Seattle sweat, anyway. Philly's a given, but I think the Giants will actually fall off some. Coughlins not a great coah, I don't think, and his players may begin to tune him out somewhat. Dallas should be better, IF they can do something with their QB situation. They bear watching in the off season.

Philly will be good again next year.

The Cardinals will never get it done. C'mon, they're the Cardinals.

That's what everyone said about the Bengals, but the proved a lot of people wrong by having a great year. Playoffs notwithstanding. The Cardinals have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball, and a solid head coach. I expect them to do well.

Philadelphia will be good if they get healthy and get another receiving option. Both big "ifs," but they have a track record of being able to do this.

Another team that had a so-so year is Atlanta. If they can figure out a way to get Michael Vick to "get it," maybe add some weapons at WR, they could be competitive again.

So I'd have to go with Philadelphia, Arizona, and Atlanta, in that order.

Unfortunately for Detroit, Green Bay, Minnesota, and St. Louis, there's a lot of coaching turnover that will probably slow them down for a year.

The Eagles will win at least 8 games next year

If the Cards draft a brider RB to along with Arrington and get help on defense through the drft and FA, they could be a .500 or better team.

Up and coming teams that could have a big jump are Minnesota (depending on their QB situation), and NO.

detroit is going to be a surpise team. It's been a while since they had a coach capable of developing young talent, and that team is chop full of it. That WR core is too sick, along with Kevin Jones in the back feild and a #1 overall draft pick QB, to be that pathetic for long.

OK Miami was a turnaround team this year, they went 9-7 THIS YEAR, for them to have a turnaround year they have to win 15 games.

Minnesota was one game out of the playoffs, also finishing 9-7 THIS YEAR.

San Diego was 9-7, not eligible for a turnaround....

Joey Harrington was the third overall pick, Charles Rogers sucks and so does BMW.

Cardinals only have to improve their red zone efficiency to become a 9 win team.

Packers might be able to pull out 9 wins if healthy.

Eagles should be able to win 8-10 games pretty easily.

Eagles lost so many good players the last couple of years to Free Agency. They need help on the o-line, running back position, and d-line. They have one decent receiver but I think to pick them as the turnaround team is basically just putting everything on the shoulders of McNabb. He's a great QB but they have so many needs...

Arizona has been picked in this category for so many years. As long as Bidwell is involved in the ownership I can't see them doing much of anything. Also, they fired a number of coaches already. Their division is weak but they're still Arizona

Miami is a trendy pick and rightfully so. They ended the year very strong. They need a QB. Despite how impressively Gus and Sage played I think we, as Redskins fans, know what Gus will get you. I do like them though next year to make the playoffs.

In the NFC I look for a major fall off from the Giants. I think the Division will be between Dallas and Washington.

Watch the Rams, they still have a lot of talented players over there

Archived