Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I may have just seen a murderer before he killed someone, and Honolulu PD didn't care

jrockster21

Okay -- so a brief introduction to Waikiki before I start; Kuhio is one of two main roads that go through Waikiki...Kalakaua is the other one. The major intersection near my apartment is Kai'ulani and Kuhio. So anyway, around 9:30 or so I start walking to the store, which takes me through the above intersection where I make a right on Kuhio to the grocery store a block and a half away.

On the way to the store, I walk past a guy who I get some super bad vibes from. First, he kind of has an "eff you" look on his face. Second, he has his arm in his jacket pocket in such a way that it looks like he is concealing something...it just looked unnatural. Normally, when you have your arms in your pocket, your elbow tends to rest at your side. His elbow was all ****ed out, and it did not look natural at all...it really looked like he was hiding something. At the time I walked by him, I remember thinking man, that guy looks like he's got a gun or something...I wonder if he's going to use it?

So I go to the store, whatever, uneventful. I come out, and I can see police lights ahead. I get closer, and realize its on the above intersection, at Kuhio and Kai'ulani. There are two ambulances, a fire truck is pulling up, and about 6 cop cars. As I get closer, I see an SUV pulled over, which immediately makes me think it was a traffic accident, or the SUV hit a moped or something. Anyway, I see one ambulance speed away, and then see the paramedics preparing a second person for the second ambulance. Since its at my block, I have to walk a block North to bypass all this.

Anyway, come to find out, Bonef1de's woman, (he also lives in Waikiki), works at a restaraunt a block away. She says they saw it on the news that it was a stabbing (EDIT: and that someone had been killed), and Bonef1de lets me know. I'm like WHOAH!!! So I call the Honolulu PD to confirm, and the detectives department tells me yes, they are investigating a criminal case there. So I tell him my story from above, in as much detail as possible, and his answer is, "Okay, goodnight!"

(EDIT: Just found it in the newspaper. They make it sound like it was just an altercation, and that two teenagers were stabbed...very little info in the article.)

Now, I realize the police departments get a lot of crackheads calling in with bogus stuff, but this JUST happened, and he is going to blow me off like that? It seemed a little strange to me, but whatever.

I'm not trying to diss on cops by any means...I know we have several police officers who are members on the board. I just wanted to share that's all. Hopefully some of the officers on the board can maybe shed some light on the subject??

Just thought I'd share...

I guess he could have said thank you to you, but that guy probably wasnt the detective on the case and he will log your name and number and if they need witnesses or leads Im sure they will be contacting you. For all you know they had the guy in custody already.

Yeah...it just seemed strange that he just blew me off like that...it was almost as if he wasn't even paying attention to me, just waiting for me to finish speaking.

Its a little unnerving to hear of something like this happening a block away from where you live...I'm a little wigged out right now!!

I called the district station for an area of downtown where open drug deals go down on a MAJOR multi-bus route street. Apparently, I'm not the only one who has noticed (based on some internet research) this activity by gangs of youths who are also quite threatening to people at the bus stops.

Nothing was ever done. They just logged it and that's it. I haven't been downtown in that area for a bit, but last time I was there (long after my complaint) it was still an issue. They run all kinds of surveillance for prostitution up on Aurora but they don't even run a patrol by a known mobile drug haven where people have to catch the bus?

Fer chrissakes, I told them that I saw them PLAYING DICE on a major street and smoking weed. Now, usually, I wouldn't care about such activities, but the cats doing it and the yelling and carrying on and the hand-to-hand action shouldn't be taking place on the street like that and I sense the very palpable discomfort and even fear from others at the stop. I'm not as fearful because if push came to a shove someone would get lit up, but I don't want to be PUT in that situation when a relatively infrequent police patrol could at least MOVE these people to a more remote area.

I called the district station for an area of downtown where open drug deals go down on a MAJOR multi-bus route street. Apparently, I'm not the only one who has noticed (based on some internet research) this activity by gangs of youths who are also quite threatening to people at the bus stops.

Nothing was ever done. They just logged it and that's it. I haven't been downtown in that area for a bit, but last time I was there (long after my complaint) it was still an issue. They run all kinds of surveillance for prostitution up on Aurora but they don't even run a patrol by a known mobile drug haven where people have to catch the bus?

Fer chrissakes, I told them that I saw them PLAYING DICE on a major street and smoking weed. Now, usually, I wouldn't care about such activities, but the cats doing it and the yelling and carrying on and the hand-to-hand action shouldn't be taking place on the street like that and I sense the very palpable discomfort and even fear from others at the stop. I'm not as fearful because if push came to a shove someone would get lit up, but I don't want to be PUT in that situation when a relatively infrequent police patrol could at least MOVE these people to a more remote area.

Heh...I'm not sure where you live (I don't want to suppose) but I live in the "ghetto" of Waikiki (if you can believe it exists). There are a LOT of drugs that run through Waikiki, and supposedly there are executions that go with that. Now, I don't know the details of the case so I have no idea why the murder happened (and who knows if the cops do either), but I can guess it had to do with drugs...:(

Heh...I'm not sure where you live (I don't want to suppose) but I live in the "ghetto" of Waikiki (if you can believe it exists). There are a LOT of drugs that run through Waikiki, and supposedly there are executions that go with that. Now, I don't know the details of the case so I have no idea why the murder happened (and who knows if the cops do either), but I can guess it had to do with drugs...:(

My area is OK, even the low-income housing right next to us (brilliant work!) is actually all right, esp compared to other places in the city or other parts of the country.

I live off the highway/ave that has a reputation for prostitution and drug dealing. Not so much around me (though there are occasional walkers around if you look) but farther south. The neighborhood itself isn't bad and definitely not the "ghetto" compared to a few other areas.

But I'm like, damn, I understand you can't really stamp out these activities, but you'd think on a street where about 30 different bus routes converge that they'd at least ramp up patrols and keep the criminals and the crazies off that strip!?

Not so much murder in Seattle. Ours is about Hawaii's number, I believe. BUt ya never know. I wanted to call the cops when they were doing what they were doing, but if 5-0 show up right after they see me on a cell, I'm not so sure I'm not making myself a target. Esp if EVERYONE knows about this and they don't run patrols. It's not like rape and murder is rampant in that area--I think they could afford the patrols during the evening hours.

My point was not to hijack the thread but point out that you will find yourself puzzled by the response from police. In your case, maybe they had him and they got lots of calls from people. In my case, they have no excuse.

I live off the highway/ave that has a reputation for prostitution and drug dealing. Not so much around me (though there are occasional walkers around if you look) but farther south. The neighborhood itself isn't bad and definitely not the "ghetto" compared to a few other areas.

Hehehehehe -- Waikiki is WELL known for its prostitution...and most of the prositutes are a block away from the intersection above!! Lots and lots of hos in Waikiki, for sure.

Yo, Ghost of Nibbs... do you make ho's cross the street. God damn. Come out here and I'll show you how we do it.

They's mad hos out here in Waikiki!!

I've been solicited at least 20 times since I've been here...my apartmnet is in the GHEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I guess he could have said thank you to you, but that guy probably wasnt the detective on the case and he will log your name and number and if they need witnesses or leads Im sure they will be contacting you. For all you know they had the guy in custody already.
I dunno, wolf, that sets some painfully low expectations out of Hawaii's finest. Even if they'e made an arrest, little interest in a potential eyewitness? Esp in seedier areas, lots of witnesses suffer memory loss once they begin to consider the consequences of testifying. Best to get a statement immediately. The guy could at least transfer the call or be more positive about someong following up - soon.

Reminds me of a time when I was in college, somebody turned in a false alarm at the building behind my garder apartment complex. While everybody ran over to see what was going on, I heard glass breaking and could see three jokers busting a window at a nearby ground floor apartment. Called the police, first one said it wasn't his jurisdiction and instead of transferring the call or something just gave me another number. Called that one, the guy listened but refused to do anything unless I gave my name and number. I yelled, "You mean I'm telling you I'm watching a crime being committed and you won't send out a car?" I was pissed and hung up. Finally walked over to the punks - I was pretty scraggly looking at the time myself - and warned them that "a neighbor" had just called the cops. They left, and I watched for a while but never did see any law enforcement show up.

Ghost, cops seem to be very good at ignoring obvious crime in some areas. You sell drugs in plain view in Fairfax and the cops will be on you in minutes. You sell drugs out of your home in fairfax and the cops will sniff you out and send a armored team into your home (I know because two people I know have seen this occur to a house on their street).

But in other areas (poorer of course) cops ignore obvious crime. In DC cops know where the drug dealers are, and if they don't they need to open their damn eyes. That they allow. Drive a little too fast though and you'll have 4 of them taking pictures of your car at the same time.

This is why I hate cops. Why can't they be more pro-active at stopping crime?

I think National Guard Units that are fresh from Iraq should come back to America and use the skills they are forming against the insurgency in the "Drug War" back at home. I imagine they would be quite effective... just send them into the 5 worst cities, Los Angeles, Detroit, Washington, Atlanta, and Chicago....

You expected anything less from HPD:laugh:

Well this is my first time dealing with HPD...but I have heard from others who've lived here and people who live here now that HPD is somewhat incompetent. But still...you'd think they would handle a violent crime case a little better, right?? :(

Ghost, cops seem to be very good at ignoring obvious crime in some areas. You sell drugs in plain view in Fairfax and the cops will be on you in minutes. You sell drugs out of your home in fairfax and the cops will sniff you out and send a armored team into your home (I know because two people I know have seen this occur to a house on their street).

But in other areas (poorer of course) cops ignore obvious crime. In DC cops know where the drug dealers are, and if they don't they need to open their damn eyes. That they allow. Drive a little too fast though and you'll have 4 of them taking pictures of your car at the same time.

What's wierd is, Waikiki is a rich area...and there are about a zillion tourists.

You must have identified yourself to them as jrockster from extremeskins.com, of course they are going to dismiss anything you have to say..

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How long have you been waiting for that?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Let it go, man. Let it go...but I'm a little flattered that you think about me so much! ;) And FSU still sucks the big one!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

How long have you been waiting for that?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Let it go, man. Let it go...but I'm a little flattered that you think about me so much! ;) And FSU still sucks the big one!

:D It was in the middle of the plate so I had to swat it, dude.

I do think of you a lot, jrock :adoration - you never said who your college team was so you don't count as a real hater :silly:

Archived