Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Musgrave new Falcons' QB coach

RunPortisRun

Who was the QB coach under Saunders in KC???

Could be Musgrave was politely shown the door.

Saunders knows (!) that our QB position needs serious work in order to run his system. Could be he did not think Musgrave was up to it.

Who was that saying that this cant happen since its a lateral move?

If the Redskins give the Falcons permission to talk to Musgrave about the position, which they did, then he can make the move. But if no permission is given, then the move has to be a step up, like a coordinator or head coach. He couldn't coach another position.

What a pile of crap reporting.

No mention whatsoever of just how exactly Musgrave was able to extricate himself from his current contract IN A CLEARLY LATERAL MOVE. And why the hell would he want that job anyway? He's got plenty more to work with in JC than MV, at least from a passing perspective.

God forbid our offense takes any steps back next year and this tool is to blame. Geez, one freakin' year. Thanks buddy...nice to see you just took this job to pad your resume and not because you cared about the franchise, players, etc.

This will probably come off as unduly harsh but it just irks me for some reason. It's like sometimes the rules apply to these coaches and sometimes they don't.

He is a "west coast offense" guy, square peg in Suanders' scheme. If we wanted to keep him, we wouldn't give Atlanta permission to talk to him. This was a very polite firing. No biggie ;)

He is a "west coast offense" guy, square peg in Suanders' scheme. If we wanted to keep him, we wouldn't give Atlanta permission to talk to him. This was a very polite firing. No biggie ;)

Shows yet again, Gibbs has class. :cheers:

You guys think Gibbs found him the job too?

Gibbs: "I use to be part owner of the Falcons, let me make a few phone calls...I'll see what I can do".

curious questions as to who our next QB coach will be. I am surprised that anyone would wish to leave Gibbs for a lateral move which makes me wonder if there is a lot more to this than we know. One possibility could be that when he was offered the interview we encouraged him to take it so that Saunders can bring in some of his own people to fill some roles.

Or, being that he was thinking that O-coordinator was a potential promotion for him here, seeing Saunders in that position now pretty much shows the writing on the wall for Musgrave. Personally, I'm fine with it. His influence really didn't seem to improve much here, and he'd be better off going someplace which is more compatible with his offensive philosophy.

Jason

We incorporated Musgrave into the equation because we were seeking to add concepts to the offense. With Saunders, such a necessity is no longer required. His offense is fully formed and ready to go. Musgrave was a prominent figure on the sidelines during games. He had a major role and did a lot of work, but, his need was no longer as obvious with Saunders running the offensive ship.

Archived