Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Possible Destinations for Ramsey?

Khun Kao

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

First off, I realize that no one yet knows if Ramsey is even going anywhere. It is entirely possible that Saunders will evaluate Ramsey and like what he sees, and push to keep him and let him compete for a starting job.....

(and YES, I realize that this seems highly unlikely)

However, I get the distinct feeling that MOST of us actually like Ramsey. We may not be sold on him as a QB, but overall we like him and wish him well.

There are a number of teams this off-season who could probably use help at the QB position. Some may need a starter, but most simply need quality depth. My question is that if Ramsey is indeed traded this off-season, where would you prefer to see him land?

We all like Ramsey very much. Our franchise has for the most part treated him like dirt as a QB. Drafting Campbell was a clear indication Gibbs did not want him here. Gibbs has made things clear of how he wants them and they have all worked out so far. Saunders will have no say in Ramsey.

Ramsey will be gone and he deserves to go and ACTUALLY compete for a starting job, we all wish him the best!

Crap! I clicked on the wrong option and clicked submit before double-checking what I did. I meant to choose New Orleans, as thats his home and I think he could potentially become a solid QB for them to start rebuilding the team around. Maybe not a 'franchise' QB, but a solid QB to carry them for the next few years.....

Personally, I think he ends up in Oakland. The free agent market for qb's is scarce and there are rumblings that Collins may be jettisoned during the offseason.

I'd like to see him return to near his home and play for New Orleans, but they will probably utilize their #2 selection in the draft to attain a new qb.

For Ramsey's sake I think Arizona is a good fit. Arizona is close. If they give Denny Green two more years that team will be a legit contender. Boldin and Fitzgerald are going to be HOF recievers if they stay healthy and their defense is coming around with Adrian Wilson. Watch out if they get their hands on a Lindale White or Lawrence Maroney in the draft.

For Ramsey's sake I think Arizona is a good fit. Arizona is close. If they give Denny Green two more years that team will be a legit contender. Boldin and Fitzgerald are going to be HOF recievers if they stay healthy and their defense is coming around with Adrian Wilson. Watch out if they get their hands on a Lindale White or Lawrence Maroney in the draft.

You think they have already given up on JJ Arrington? I know he didnt have the rookie year they were hoping for but they were SO high on the kid when they drafted him last yr....

It was close for me between the Jets and the Pack. I thought about the Jets bc I like to see them do well in the AFC -- if I had to pick a fav team from that conference they would be it -- and I have a bad feeling about Pennington and the rotator cuff....

But....GB won out bc I have this pipe dream about Favre coming here for 2 yrs to finish out his career. Think about it. He would have a legit chance to get another ring before he retires. And his trade value really wouldn't be THAT much higher than Patrick's at this stage of his career......he would be the perfect bridge to the Jason Campbell era !! I know the chances of this happening are nill, but I would love to see it. All thos Favre bashers make me sick. You know why he didnt succeed last yr? BC his entire team dissinigrated around him -- not bc he is too old. Halfway through the season he was leading the league in TDs for Gods sake !! Give him a great running game, defense and a good wr corps and this guy will still deliver the goods....

I think that Ramsey has a chance at going to New Orleans. I know that it probably isn't the best spot for him, but if he goes anywhere that would be my guess.

Ramsey was a good QB at the start of his carerer but getting the crap pounded out of him during the spurier campiegn did not help him at all. He now has happy feet and doesn't seem to get comfortable in the pocket. Hopefully he will stay with the Oline now or go to a team with a good oline so he can start to trust them and gain confidence.

Port

I would like to see him wind up in Green Bay as well, but I don't want to have Favre here. One QB in the twilight of his career is enough, thank you! I mean, heck, he's got what? One or two years left in him? Does anyone really want him here to pad his career stats while doing little to actually help develop the team? (Bruce Smith, anyone?)

I don't care- as long as we get a decent pick for him.

I agree with this post.

Anyone think, that if we had hired someone else other than Gibbs; they may have drawn the same conclusion about Ramsey that Gibbs did.

Tough to say, but very, very possible. Spurrier wasn't the foremost expert on NFL-talent QB's, but he didn't even want him to begin with.

I picked New Orleans because he is from there. But really the only teams I would not want him to go to from that list are Philly and Dallas (for obvious reasons), and the Jets (because we take their players, not the other way around).

Now this is not considering what we might get from him. If we were to be offered say, John Abraham, then I might want him to go to New York. I dont see that happening though.

I think it is going to have to a very patient coach because you know Holgrem used to coach Brett Farve, and he "tolerated" his many INT"s because he saw his potential. I think Ramsey has potential but has not really had a coach that is patient with the turnovers a QB like Ramsey is going to give.

And that would not be Oakland. I think Arizona.

Archived