Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why the "Seattle is good because of the NFC West" argument is bogus

Ummm...easiest division in a LONG time, plus games against Houston, Philly and Green Bay...they literally had the easiest schedule of all 32 NFL teams.(numbers prove it).

I'm not saying they don't deserver to atleast be in the playoffs, but I feel they took the easy street to the superbowl, winning 2 home playoff games(easily earned home field advantage)against 2 teams that were beaten up from actually earning their playoff run, and were loaded with injuries.

Now they'll face a healthy and amazingly talented Pittsburgh team. IF they can beat the Steelers, I'll give them some credit. I'll truely believe it though when they beat a good team on the road(not the superbowl b/c its a road game for both teams).

I personally think Seattle is a talented and well coached team, but they have had some advantages. - They played in a weak division, didn't play many teams (one?) with a winning record during the regular season and played the #6 and #5 seed teams at home in the Playoffs.

Pittsburg played a tougher sechedule and had to play the #1, #2 and #3 seed teams, all on the road, ,in the playoffs. I think thats why they're getting a little more respect.

If you're a Seattle fan, I wouldn't let this bother you. You still did what 15 other teams in the NFC wanted to do.

A lot of sour grapes on this board.

Seattle has Superbowl talent on offense period.

Hassleback is growing into one of the top 5 QB's in the league, Alexander has always been up near the rushing title when you look at any recent year and their offensive line again is easily top 5..and in the NFC is cleary #1.

Their defense is solid...especially in the middle with DT's and the LB's.

Overall, they're playing some pretty hot football.

They are more than fitting NFC Champs...and if they win the Superbowl...they desevre it.

This isn't the Giants getting 9 home games...this is about winning the games you're supposed to win.

Who desevres to go more than Seattle?

Us?

Sorry, but really we didn't earn the trip this year.

The Redskins...didn't do what the Hawks did this year they didn't beat the teams they were supposed to beat all the time...if we had beaten a lousy Oakland team in our own building no less...than maybe we've had had a better playoff run.

But with the way football is today every team can say we got a break there or missed one here....Seattle was the most consistent team in the NFC...and they improved (especially on defense) all season.

Give them some respect.

A lot of sour grapes on this board.

Seattle has Superbowl talent on offense period.

Hassleback is growing into one of the top 5 QB's in the league, Alexander has always been up near the rushing title when you look at any recent year and their offensive line again is easily top 5..and in the NFC is cleary #1.

Their defense is solid...especially in the middle with DT's and the LB's.

Overall, they're playing some pretty hot football.

They are more than fitting NFC Champs...and if they win the Superbowl...they desevre it.

This isn't the Giants getting 9 home games...this is about winning the games you're supposed to win.

Who desevres to go more than Seattle?

Us?

Sorry, but really we didn't earn the trip this year.

The Redskins...didn't do what the Hawks did this year they didn't beat the teams they were supposed to beat all the time...if we had beaten a lousy Oakland team in our own building no less...than maybe we've had had a better playoff run.

But with the way football is today every team can say we got a break there or missed one here....Seattle was the most consistent team in the NFC...and they improved (especially on defense) all season.

Give them some respect.

:rolleyes: So it's sour grapes when you point out the truth?

OK Ill give Seattle credit. They are a very solid offensive team that overcame the loss of their #1 WR.

Rhodes did an awesome job of coaching up a defense that has been lacking in structure (not talent) for several years now. The drafting of Lofa Tatapu in the 2nd round was an absolute steal for them (heh. go USC alums).

All of this said, it STILL doesn't dismiss the fact that they played alot of 98 lb weaklings this year on their way to the SB.

Most teams that make runs to the Super Bowl have benefitted in some way, shape, or form.

Hell, in 1991 we were lucky to play against teams when their stars were hurt (Detroit & Philly). You can't fault Seattle for sweeping their division and beating all the teams that they should have beaten to get home field advantage.

Just an aside, someone mentioned that Seattle had the benefit of playing Carolina and Washington who were beat up from "earning" their playoff berth. Well, Pittsburgh was a 6 seed and needed to win 4 straight to make the post-season, they didn't allow that to make them an easy out in the playoffs.

It's all about what you do with the opportunities presented to you...and Seattle and Pittsburgh have grabbed those opportunities and run with them. Kudos to both teams.

:rolleyes: So it's sour grapes when you point out the truth?

OK Ill give Seattle credit. They are a very solid offensive team that overcame the loss of their #1 WR.

Rhodes did an awesome job of coaching up a defense that has been lacking in structure (not talent) for several years now. The drafting of Lofa Tatapu in the 2nd round was an absolute steal for them (heh. go USC alums).

All of this said, it STILL doesn't dismiss the fact that they played alot of 98 lb weaklings this year on their way to the SB.

No I would say comments like ....

"Now they'll face a healthy and amazingly talented Pittsburgh team. IF they can beat the Steelers, I'll give them some credit. I'll truely believe it though when they beat a good team on the road(not the superbowl b/c its a road game for both teams)."

are sour grapes.

So you'll give them some credit if they win the Superbowl..the top prize in the whole sport....but you won't give them full credit until they win a regular season road game? Even though you go on to say that the Superbowl is really a road game, just for both teams?!

C'mon guys...let it go. You have to play the schedule you get and beat the teams that make it to the playoffs...Seattle did that. They are a good football team....and this year they really were the best team in the NFC.

My whole point of this wasn't so much to point out that Seattle is a very good football team (which they certainly are), but to point out that the same crappy division that helped Seattle to a 13-3 record was the same division that helped us get into the playoffs. So to slight the Seahawks because of it would be slighting ourselves.

My whole point of this wasn't so much to point out that Seattle is a very good football team (which they certainly are), but to point out that the same crappy division that helped Seattle to a 13-3 record was the same division that helped us get into the playoffs. So to slight the Seahawks because of it would be slighting ourselves.

I noticed that. It is a very valid point.

However, these threads evolve, so by the time I replied, I went ahead and posted something in response to a previous post.

I think you're onto something.

I didn't know just how good Seattle was until I was able to watch them play these past 2 weeks. They are a very solid team. In fact, I'll be suprised if they have any trouble at all with the Steelers. The only reason the Steelers are favored is because they represent the AFC which thought to be the strongest conference. As much as I think Bettis and Cowher deserve a SB ring, I just don't think it's gonna happen.

We helped you in more ways than one. Not only did you beat every team in our division, but we beat every team in YOUR division besides you!

We helped you in more ways than one. Not only did you beat every team in our division, but we beat every team in YOUR division besides you!

You could have easily lost to anyone in our division except for Philly and could have won against the Skins. Youre going to use that as an comeback so I though I'll point it out anyway.

You could have easily lost to anyone in our division except for Philly and could have won against the Skins. Youre going to use that as an comeback so I though I'll point it out anyway.
Nope. I don't play the coulda shoulda woulda game. Check my previous posts. You guys did what you needed to do to beat us in week 4, and we didn't do what we needed to do to beat you. It's as simple as that. Likewise, the Cowboys and the Giants didn't do what they needed to do to beat us in our house, whereas we did what we needed to do to beat them. If the Giants had gotten 5 yards closer, then those FGs would have gone through... but we stopped them before they could get that far. Luck plays a part (the ball is a funny shape for a reason), and officiating plays a part (unfortunately), but ultimately it's a game of inches and seconds. The winner is the team who did whatever it took to win.

They had to move someone, and we were the chosen ones. It turned into a big favor this year, it didn't start out that way so much. And next year it might not be a big favor. Last year, being in the soft NFC East was a good deal... for the Eagles. This year, not so good of a deal. That's just the way it works.

SEATTLE WILL BE EXPOSED BY PITTSBURGH!

All of the Seahawk jock sniffers will see once and for all that they're paper NFC Champs. Saying their weak schedule had nothing to do with their success is just crazy. I can assure you if Washington would have played that schedule we would have been sitting right where they were at the end of the season. If Foster wouldn't have broken his ankle you would have seen a different game as well.

If they beat Pittsburgh or even make it close I'll come back here for my lumps, don't hold your breath.

They had to move someone, and we were the chosen ones. It turned into a big favor this year, it didn't start out that way so much. And next year it might not be a big favor. Last year, being in the soft NFC East was a good deal... for the Eagles. This year, not so good of a deal. That's just the way it works.

And they too were exposed. You have to take into account the quality of the teams played, plain and simple. Yes Seattle benefited from it but they haven't proven themselves against quality teams. I'll say it again, they will be exposed!

If we would have played the extra two games against that division we would have been 12-4 with a bye in the first round, think that wouldn't have made a difference?

If we would have played the extra two games against that division we would have been 12-4 with a bye in the first round, think that wouldn't have made a difference?
Dude, you would have been 11-5 if you had beat the Raiders, BUT YOU DIDN'T!!! Quit whining about how you'd have done so much better with the weaker teams on our schedule when you couldn't beat the weaker team on your own schedule. The schedules are what they are. The seasons were what they were. We beat the teams we were supposed to beat, and we won some ugly games. Yes, we had an easier schedule than you guys, but that doesn't mean we're a bad team.

You can think and do whatever you'd like, of course. I'd just caution you against putting too much money on the Steelers. :silly:

SEATTLE WILL BE EXPOSED BY PITTSBURGH!

All of the Seahawk jock sniffers will see once and for all that they're paper NFC Champs. Saying their weak schedule had nothing to do with their success is just crazy. I can assure you if Washington would have played that schedule we would have been sitting right where they were at the end of the season. If Foster wouldn't have broken his ankle you would have seen a different game as well.

If they beat Pittsburgh or even make it close I'll come back here for my lumps, don't hold your breath.

Seattle will make this a game, if not win it. As for the theme of the thread, I agree that this quote is bogus because they have shown that they're the best team in the NFC. It doesn't matter what division they play in. By making it to the SB, they've proven they're at least the best in the NFC.

Archived