Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mark Brunell should never face the Giants..

The Full Monty

Because the last 3 times he's played them, terrible things have happened to him and to the team.

Last year he injured his hamstring and it messed him up for the entire year, as he never fully recovered; our season was sunk with his hamstring.

When he faced the Giants in New Jersey, (;)), we were promptly shut out and it went down as worst loss of the season.

When he faced the Giants here on Christmas Eve, a week after throwing 4 TD's against the Cowboys and already having thrown 2 TD's to Moss and scrambling for key 1st down yardage early in the game, Nick "I was blocked into him" Griesen decides to go low against Mark and injured his MCL --- hobbling our main man for the playoffs.

I am convinced that if Brunell had made it through that game unscathed, judging his play against the Cowboys and the great plays he had made against the Giants, he could've taken us to the Super Bowl, even without a bonafide #2.

Terrible things happen to Mark when we play the Giants.

He was over the injury by the Seattle game...possibly the Tampa game. What hurt our team in the Divisionals was not having Randy Thomas, not having David Patten, Portis being banged up, losing Ray Brown halfway through the game and having to replace him with a second-string Center not a third-string Guard.

Seattle had it easy...stop our run game (a banged up Portis & no Thomas or Brown made that simple), without Patten we had no 2nd WR threat and definitely no 3rd. So all they had to do was double Santana and the game was theirs. Injuries played a huge role in why we lost that game.

Because the last 3 times he's played them, terrible things have happened to him and to the team.

Last year he injured his hamstring and it messed him up for the entire year, as he never fully recovered; our season was sunk with his hamstring.

When he faced the Giants in New Jersey, (;)), we were promptly shut out and it went down as worst loss of the season.

When he faced the Giants here on Christmas Eve, a week after throwing 4 TD's against the Cowboys and already having thrown 2 TD's to Moss and scrambling for key 1st down yardage early in the game, Nick "I was blocked into him" Griesen decides to go low against Mark and injured his MCL --- hobbling our main man for the playoffs.

I am convinced that if Brunell had made it through that game unscathed, judging his play against the Cowboys and the great plays he had made against the Giants, he could've taken us to the Super Bowl, even without a bonafide #2.

So basicially what your saying is if the offensive line is consistent on every play then Brunell would of never had injury to his knee and we possibly would of been in the SB instead of that team in the Pacific Northwest. Cant think of the name right now but they going to the SuperBowl.

Then maybe our Offensive line needs to stand up and be a tad bit more agressive.

Hail!:point2sky

Archived