Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Can Learn From Seattle

RiggoReincarnated

For the 2004-2005 season, Seattle had a powerful offense yet their defense sputtered in key games.

For the 2005-2006 season, Seattles defense is what improved immensely as the season went on...though they were a bit shakey the beginning of the season. Lofa Tatupu seems to have made a huge difference for them.

For next season, I expect the Redskins offense to grow stronger as the season goes along, implementing Saunders' new schemes and plays. If our offense next year sees the same level of improvement as Seattles defense, I think we will be playing them for the NFC Championship at Fed Ex field.

For the 2004-2005 season, Seattle had a powerful offense yet their defense sputtered in key games.

For the 2005-2006 season, Seattles defense is what improved immensely as the season went on...though they were a bit shakey the beginning of the season. Lofa Tatupu seems to have made a huge difference for them.

For next season, I expect the Redskins offense to grow stronger as the season goes along, implementing Saunders' new schemes and plays. If our offense next year sees the same level of improvement as Seattles defense, I think we will be playing them for the NFC Championship at Fed Ex field.

If you compare the Seattle week 4 game and the 1st half of Seattle week 18, you'll see that their weekness (or our strength) was an open passing game.

we dont need 2 learn from seachickens,we had them beaten,but couldnt close the deal for the same reasons panthers lost:no running game,when u have ni running game you cant open up the passing game,like panthers we got 1 great WR,and we dont play in a weak division like seachicks.if saechickens were still in AFC WEST,they'd be in the cellar right now.

Is there really anything to learn from them except for the fact that they are over rated?? Nah we don't need to learn from them. we have our own coaches that do a great job.

If the Carolina game didn't prove that they weren't overrated the Super Bowl will. I know our coaches do a great job, but the way their defense improved this season speaks volumes when our offense went down the tube when it mattered.

1. Sorry dude, this is a very GENERAL thread. I mean EVERY team goes into EVERY season hoping they can improve as the season progresses. You're not tellin us anything we dont already know and wish for.

2. Uhh..we went from 5 - 6 to 10 - 6, winning the last 5 regular season games and 1 post season game (in case you didnt see it, cuz im getting the feeling you didnt).....so we OBVIOUSLY improved over the course of the season.

Portis had 100 yard games in each of our last 6 wins....he only had 3 in the first 11 games...he is just one person that improved over the course of the season.

Is there really anything to learn from them except for the fact that they are over rated?? Nah we don't need to learn from them. we have our own coaches that do a great job.

The only thing to learn from them is studying recent tape and figuring out how to kick their ass next season.

And believe me, we would kick their ass next season.

We would have beaten them last time if we had of been running on all cylinders.

I believe that we will be runnng on all cylinders next season.

As for the SB......

I love NFC, but I think Pittsburg will probbly take it home.

"We got to get that damn trophy back!" - NFC.

Hail!:point2sky

Look, we got what we needed from them, 3 turnovers. We couldn't convert them into points. I realize that we started our first 3 or 4 drives inside our 20, but just look at what Pittsburgh has done in Indy, and Denver! They played to win. They didn't play not to lose. They opened up the playbook and put the pressure on the opponents defense from the start of the game. We all know that Seattle's defense is decent against the run but sucks agaionst the pass. There you have it. I feel we would have won that game had we opened up the playbook early in the game. Just my opinion.

1. Sorry dude, this is a very GENERAL thread. I mean EVERY team goes into EVERY season hoping they can improve as the season progresses. You're not tellin us anything we dont already know and wish for.

2. Uhh..we went from 5 - 6 to 10 - 6, winning the last 5 regular season games and 1 post season game (in case you didnt see it, cuz im getting the feeling you didnt).....so we OBVIOUSLY improved over the course of the season.

Portis had 100 yard games in each of our last 6 wins....he only had 3 in the first 11 games...he is just one person that improved over the course of the season.

I realize this, but I also realize that our offense fell apart in the playoffs. The improvement ended once the playoffs began, and to make it to the SB obviously it has to carry over...much like Seattle did.

and play in the NFC west

Ya, that explains why they are in the Superbowl, if they were a fluke they would have lost to the Skins or Carolina, Carolina didn't make it close.

DURRR there are more than the division games, that statement might hold water if the Seahawks had lost to an NFC west opponent which they didn't. Any team can play in a bad division (Redskins), it takes a good team to go undefeated in their division (Seahawks) no matter how bad.

I realize this, but I also realize that our offense fell apart in the playoffs. The improvement ended once the playoffs began, and to make it to the SB obviously it has to carry over...much like Seattle did.

Yes i understand thier offense SPUTTERED, mostly because i think players and coaches, yes i said it AND COACHES, got a little too comfortable in the "there is no tomorrow" mentality. They had done it for 5 weeks, goin into the playoffs they didnt have that playoff mentality because they had already experienced it

Yes i understand thier offense SPUTTERED, mostly because i think players and coaches, yes i said it AND COACHES, got a little too comfortable in the "there is no tomorrow" mentality. They had done it for 5 weeks, goin into the playoffs they didnt have that playoff mentality because they had already experienced it

True, but then you can point to the Pittsburgh Steelers who were 7-5 and needed to win out to make the playoffs, and they kept their offense potent and agressive.

True, but then you can point to the Pittsburgh Steelers who were 7-5 and needed to win out to make the playoffs, and they kept their offense potent and agressive.

im not sayin everyone has done this, im just trying to find a reason why this offense sputtered, maybe we should take a page from the Steelers book and learn from it

im not sayin everyone has done this, im just trying to find a reason why this offense sputtered, maybe we should take a page from the Steelers book and learn from it

Me too...I think it took tremendous strength and courage for Gibbs to take a step back here.

While watching the Pittsburgh game, they were saying how Pittsburgh unleashed new plays/formations during the playoffs that were unseen during the regular season.

To me, that is an incredible thought. I wonder if Saunders along with Gibbs can come up with a (1. Preseason playbook 2. Regular Season playbook 3. Postseason playbook with some added plays/wrinkles unseen during the regular season). After all, it should be a playoffs or bust mentality for next year, so if possible I hope the coaches hold some of the cards back if possible during the regular season.

Me too...I think it took tremendous strength and courage for Gibbs to take a step back here.

While watching the Pittsburgh game, they were saying how Pittsburgh unleashed new plays/formations during the playoffs that were unseen during the regular season.

To me, that is an incredible thought. I wonder if Saunders along with Gibbs can come up with a (1. Preseason playbook 2. Regular Season playbook 3. Postseason playbook).

They do say 2 heads are better then 1. I mean Saunders definately brings something new to the table. This can only bring good, if nothing else it is an accomplished, and seasoned, offensive coordinator who has taken a team to be very strong offensively.

Archived