Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Martin Nance

D'Pablo

do we really a WR in the 2nd round?

A solid WR in FA or D-lineman would be a better draft pick.

btw, What college does Nance play for again?

*edit- he plays for miami(oh) and holds their single season recieving record. Now that i found some info on him, he seems like he might be a pretty good pick. And not as expensive as Wayne, Randel El, etc.

Yes! This is who ive been talking about.

I think we should trade our second round draft pick, 4th round, and 6th round draft pick for the 33-36 overall pick. Then Draft him. He will be a beast of a number 2 and suppose to be the more polished version of a Plaxico Burress.

do we really a WR in the 2nd round?

A solid WR in FA or D-lineman would be a better draft pick.

btw, What college does Nance play for again?

If that was sarcastic, remember Terrell Owens came out of Chattanooga, Chad Johnson came out of Oregon State. To say you have to be in a big college to be a big player in the NFL is just dumb...along with saying you rather draft a defensive lineman in the second round than a offensive player. You relize gregg williams has turned practice squad linebackers into starting linebackers and third string linebackers into pro bowl quality linebackers?

Yes! This is who ive been talking about.

I think we should trade our second round draft pick, 4th round, and 6th round draft pick for the 33-36 overall pick. Then Draft him. He will be a beast of a number 2 and suppose to be the more polished version of a Plaxico Burress.

If that was sarcastic, remember Terrell Owens came out of Chattanooga, Chad Johnson came out of Oregon State. To say you have to be in a big college to be a big player in the NFL is just dumb...along with saying you rather draft a defensive lineman in the second round than a offensive player. You relize gregg williams has turned practice squad linebackers into starting linebackers and third string linebackers into pro bowl quality linebackers?

it wasnt sarcasm, and if you read my edited post, you will have seen that i found some out about him and said he might be a pretty good pick.

Very few rookie WR make an impact on their teams. I'd rather us bring in a FA WR and draft a dline in round 2. You arent going to find any WR's in the second round that are ready to start on an Al Saunders offense.

anyone that we would draft will most likely be a success. They are going to see single coverage all year long. Add that with the fact that nance is 6'4, and runs a 4.35 40, and you have a damn good #2 reciever.

Most FA's that we would pick up will most likely be old. Players like Eric moulds, Jurevicious and others, who will come cheap for us. I dont know about you, but I dont really like the fact that we sign another reciever just like david patten. Our offense was our main problem last year, so why not put our main focus on that in the draft?

our main concern on this team should be WR, so why not draft a perfect fit in nance???

anyone that we would draft will most likely be a success. They are going to see single coverage all year long. Add that with the fact that nance is 6'4, and runs a 4.35 40, and you have a damn good #2 reciever.

Most FA's that we would pick up will most likely be old. Players like Eric moulds, Jurevicious and others, who will come cheap for us. I dont know about you, but I dont really like the fact that we sign another reciever just like david patten. Our offense was our main problem last year, so why not put our main focus on that in the draft?

our main concern on this team should be WR, so why not draft a perfect fit in nance???

how can you say that anyone we draft would be a success? taylor jacobs was a 2nd round WR. How are Joe Jurevicius and Eric Moulds like David Patten? A rookie WR is not the answer to our offense...trust me.

It may be the long time solution though. Even if he only catches like 33 catches for 398 yards and 3 touchdowns his first season here it will still be good for our future. I mean what if he catches 52 catches for 701 Yards and 7 Touchdowns? We might actually have some consistency on this team for once besides Santana Moss and Sean Taylor.

(sorry for being a little angry in my other post btw :D )

how can you say that anyone we draft would be a success? taylor jacobs was a 2nd round WR. How are Joe Jurevicius and Eric Moulds like David Patten? A rookie WR is not the answer to our offense...trust me.

please, taylor jacobs was a COMPLETELY different situation. Jacobs came into a team where gardner was the #1 reciever. This rookie would be coming in to an offense with Santanta Moss, Clinton Portis, and Chris Cooley. He would NEVER get doubled teamed. He would always have one on one coverage, and be able to get open. With that type of frame, he would be able to shield defenders from the ball all day, and make those intermediate catches that we need.

I know that you all are sold on getting a DE, but why? I dont understand you logic to draft one before an even bigger need. Our defense played amazing for almost all of the year, can you say that about the offense?

Why is everyone all like, "Well WRs are only good later in their careers."

Why does everything always have to be about the here and now? Gibbs is building for the future and I think we should too. Patten seemed to draw enough coverage over the beginning of the year that Moss was on pace to break the single-season receiving record. I disagree with anyone who feels that we shouldn't go WR with our first pick just because most of them "aren't good their first year."

please, taylor jacobs was a COMPLETELY different situation. Jacobs came into a team where gardner was the #1 reciever. This rookie would be coming in to an offense with Santanta Moss, Clinton Portis, and Chris Cooley. He would NEVER get doubled teamed. He would always have one on one coverage, and be able to get open. With that type of frame, he would be able to shield defenders from the ball all day, and make those intermediate catches that we need.

I know that you all are sold on getting a DE, but why? I dont understand you logic to draft one before an even bigger need. Our defense played amazing for almost all of the year, can you say that about the offense?

I really don't think you understand the fact that most rookie WR's are not successful. It doesnt matter who is on the offense with them, they just cant pick the pro game up that easily. A rookie pass rushing DE could come in and disrupt offenses from day 1. Do you actually think that a rookie WR would have a better year than Eric Moulds would, next year?

I really don't think you understand the fact that most rookie WR's are not successful. It doesnt matter who is on the offense with them, they just cant pick the pro game up that easily. A rookie pass rushing DE could come in and disrupt offenses from day 1. Do you actually think that a rookie WR would have a better year than Eric Moulds would, next year?

in lee evans first season, he put up 840 yards and 9 touchdowns, as a number 2 reciever

matt jones rookie season, 450 yards, 5 touchdowns(more than any skins #2 recievers this year)

anquan boldin, 1400 yards recieving

keary colbert, 760 yards, 5 TD's

mark clayton, 500 yards recieving in an anemic ravens offense

mike clayton, 1200 yards, 7 touchdowns(as #2)

now, as some of those numbers arnt spectacular, its all we need witha reciever who gets 1500 yards. you dont need a great reciever to be able to be good, a 500 yard recieving, 5 TD year wouldnt be bad for us as a #2 reciever.

I agree with you 100%. We need another wide reciever to take the pressure off of Moss. Can you imagine him out there with Moss and Cooley? That in turn would open up our running game with Portis(Rock,Bettis and Nemo!) That sounds like one hell of a scoring machine to me. Not having a good #2 has been our weak link this season and needs to be addressed. A FA will only put a bandaid on our problem. We need to draft a #2 as a long term solution.

in lee evans first season, he put up 840 yards and 9 touchdowns, as a number 2 reciever

matt jones rookie season, 450 yards, 5 touchdowns(more than any skins #2 recievers this year)

anquan boldin, 1400 yards recieving

mark clayton, 500 yards recieving in an anemic ravens offense

mike clayton, 1200 yards, 7 touchdowns(as #2)

now, as some of those numbers arnt spectacular, its all we need witha reciever who gets 1500 yards. you dont need a great reciever to be able to be good, a 500 yard recieving, 5 TD year wouldnt be bad for us as a #2 reciever.

Only one of those players you mentioned was drafted in the 2nd round...Anquan Boldin. All were 1st round picks with all the talent in the world. The only problem is that we dont have a 1st rounder. If we could pick a guy like Santonio Holmes I would be all for giving him a chance to be our #2 guy. I really doubt the coaching staff is willing to hand a starting WR job to a 2nd round rookie WR. Gibbs likes vets, vets don't make mistakes we need a vet in our WR corps who can make some plays.

Only one of those players you mentioned was drafted in the 2nd round...Anquan Boldin. All were 1st round picks with all the talent in the world. The only problem is that we dont have a 1st rounder. If we could pick a guy like Santonio Holmes I would be all for giving him a chance to be our #2 guy. I really doubt the coaching staff is willing to hand a starting WR job to a 2nd round rookie WR. Gibbs likes vets, vets don't make mistakes we need a vet in our WR corps who can make some plays.

so are you trying to tell me that a guy who is 6'4, 4.35 speed, has the leaping ability to get up there and get the high/deep balls, and has hands larger than most offensive lineman doesnt has have talent?

this guy has all of the physical abilities to be a star in this league, and if you think that holmes, and derek hagans have more talent than him, then i dont know what else to say.

Like Westbrook, Connell, Gardner, Russell, Jacobs, McCants etc. etc. I would rather pick up te best player available rather than picking up a WR because it is a perceived need . I would be happy if we pick up a third CB prospect in the 2nd round or a really goofd gaurd prospect . WRs are glory boy picks they get bums on seats other picks are less sexy but may make more sence .

That said if there is a WR scouted out and targetted by the FO then I would be okay with that too .

so are you trying to tell me that a guy who is 6'4, 4.35 speed, has the leaping ability to get up there and get the high/deep balls, and has hands larger than most offensive lineman doesnt has have talent?

this guy has all of the physical abilities to be a star in this league, and if you think that holmes, and derek hagans have more talent than him, then i dont know what else to say.

1. Nance has more like 4.5 speed

2. He is comming off of a bad ACL injury

3. I would like the Redskins to pick him with our 2nd rounder BUT I would not be confident that our offense would improve with a 2nd round rookie as our #2 reciever.

Archived