Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor Smoot to be traded with CPep

Higgs44

AP reports another circulated trade rumor: QB Daunte Culpepper and the Vikings' second-round draft pick to HC Dennis Green's Cardinals for Arizona's No. 10 overall pick and S Adrian Wilson. The Vikings could also package controversial CB Fred Smoot with Culpepper in a deal, allowing them to re-sign free agent CB Brian Williams.

wow... How do you think Smoot would feel about this????? Sorry freddy, but I hope the little extra money Minny offered you was worth it... good luck in the NFLs wasteland...Arizona

Don't the Cards need more defensive help and a RB. How would trading their first rounder and arguably their best defensive player for a QB coming off a season ending injury, possibly a CB, and a second rounder help them out at all? Denny Green might be making a strech if he does this trade. As far as Smooty, sorry boy. You made it, you sleep in it. At least he won't have to wait to get all of his signing bonus.

PS: Is there a link to this?

#10 and Adrian Wilson???? No way. That #10 pick could land a good player and Adrian Wilson is a great football player. That would be an awful trade for Arizona in my opinion. Now it was DC, FS and the Vikings first rounder for #10 and Adrian Wilson they should concider it.

AP reports another circulated trade rumor: QB Daunte Culpepper and the Vikings' second-round draft pick to HC Dennis Green's Cardinals for Arizona's No. 10 overall pick and S Adrian Wilson. The Vikings could also package controversial CB Fred Smoot with Culpepper in a deal, allowing them to re-sign free agent CB Brian Williams.

wow... How do you think Smoot would feel about this????? Sorry freddy, but I hope the little extra money Minny offered you was worth it... good luck in the NFLs wasteland...Arizona

I think Arizona would be getting screwed in this deal. Essentially if you break down the deal it would be Culpepper for the 10th pick in which he came off a terrible season and an even worse injury and Smoot for Wilson, Smoot also comming off of his worst season and Wilson is one of the top safeties in the league, imo. Terrible deal for AZ. :2cents:

I hope Smoot goes to Zona, but are there any lakes nearby where he can rent a boat? Finally a team he can play for that is serious about winning. :laugh:

I have a feeling that Smoot is going to end up with us again someday soon but at a very reduced salary. It's going to be a similar situation to how Trotter ended up back in Philly. Tail between legs, but still a playa

If the Cards trade Adrian Wilson, they are officially the dumbest organization on the planet**. Their defense is close to being dominant...maybe only a year away. They are still very young, but they have the talent in place to be very good. Wilson, Dockett, Dansby, Rolle, Berry...they have some serious talent on that D.

**Unless there are some Champ Bailey-esque things going on between Wilson and the organization.

Don't forget that Caulpeper was considered to one of the League's top QBs before this season. If he could rediscover the magic in Arizona (although I'm not sure he could do that without Randy Moss), it would be a great deal for the Cardinals. Like it or not, QB is the most important position on the field.

Now, I don't think it would be a good deal for the Cardinals because I think that Moss made Caulpepper, and I think Daunte got exposed big time this season, especially when Brad Johnson stepped in and did good things with that team. However, I have been wrong before, and maybe Daunte along with Boldin and Fizgerald could become a great tandem for a long time.

Of course, another possibility is that this rumor has no teeth.

wow Smoot, I'm glad you decided to leave for $100k more? How was your winning season with the Vikings? Oh wait, you didn't have one thats okay they will just trade you to the cardinals, by the way they have never been to a superbowl. Good luck.

wow Smoot, I'm glad you decided to leave for $100k more? How was your winning season with the Vikings? Oh wait, you didn't have one thats okay they will just trade you to the cardinals, by the way they have never been to a superbowl. Good luck.

You know, I hate to nitpick ( :laugh: ), but the Vikings did, in fact, have a winning season...

I know that Denny Green will do pratically anything to get Culpepper back- but this trade seems highly unlikely to me. Is the new regime in Minnesota really willing to put their future in the hands of Brad Johnson? Don't get me wrong- I love Johnson and I don't think we ever should have gotten rid of him- but he is not the QB to build your franchise around at this stage in his career. Culpepper must still be considered a franchise player unless he has ANOTHER terrible season. The guy is talented and he would be scary in AZ with those WR's and that defense behind him.....if Denny Green can find some sort of running game, of course.

There is a significant problem about any trade for Culpepper. He had the same type of catastrophic knee injury that Brandon Noble had two years ago. I think he tore all three ligaments with significant meniscus damage. Recovery time (if ever) is estimated at about 18 months. There has to be a real concern about how much mobility Culpepper will have lost. It also is no way clear that Culpepper - if he does somewhat recover - will be ready until well into next season. Remember that much less serious knee injuries for skill position players usually take two years to recover from. This would make sense if Culpepper wasn't hurt. It is just too risky not knowing the status of his recovery. And Green really needs to at least give the appearance of turning things around this year or will probably be gone.

I know that Denny Green will do pratically anything to get Culpepper back- but this trade seems highly unlikely to me. Is the new regime in Minnesota really willing to put their future in the hands of Brad Johnson? Don't get me wrong- I love Johnson and I don't think we ever should have gotten rid of him- but he is not the QB to build your franchise around at this stage in his career. Culpepper must still be considered a franchise player unless he has ANOTHER terrible season. The guy is talented and he would be scary in AZ with those WR's and that defense behind him.....if Denny Green can find some sort of running game' date=' of course.[/quote']Denny Green is not the coach he gets credit for

Archived