Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Personal Threats -- Don't make them

Henry

Let's please keep sight of the point here.

The reason for this thread is not simply because we've seen one or two instances of threatening PMs being sent, it's that we've seen or been told about several of late, and that's a trend we need to reverse immediately.

We ask that ANYONE who receives what they consider a threatening PM to contact a staff member and forward the message to us. We intend to take this matter as seriously as anything we've ever done here. So while it's fine to make light humor and debate the why's and wherefore's of this matter, please understand that this is something we simply will not tolerate on Extremeskins.

Thanks, and here's hoping this will all turn out to be much ado about nothing.

I am absolutely shocked that this had to be written on this board of all places. If that doesn't sum up how things have changed recently then nothing else will.

And I trust that Mordy is joking (??) but "Would not be the end of the world" might just sum up the problem we have now. To many of us old-timers (and I hope many of the new guys) being banned from here would be pretty much the end of the world (at least in the sports sense of the word).

I fully support banning those who cannot participate in this or any forum in a civil manner. Personal attacks, gross profanity, threats, or calling Joe Gibbs names (LOL) should be automatic bans. Whether we like it or not, everyone is accountable for his/her conduct.

People who get off on making threats on the internet seriously must have some confidence issues. It sucks but it happens. Ive never had anything like that on this board but ive been a subject of personal threats in other forms on the internet. At the end of the day when i turn off my monitor those people dont exist.

Perhaps banning certain negative elements wouldnt be all that bad, after all pruning dead leaves from a plant makes its flower bloom all that much brighter.

Too many JERKS allowed on this board. I won't post my opinion any more. I had people say Puckyou and @sshole just for stating my opinion. I love this team as much as any fan ever, but come on people[/quote

:D

Cant we just all get along ?

Ok, I don't even need to agree that it's sad to even see this thread or that anything of this nature is beyond the pale. To anyone that has been subjected to it, sorry to hear it and do all you can to make it known. To anyone doing such things, SHAME ON YOU! Doing it anywhere is unacceptable, doing it here is beyond belief. We share something special folks, we are members of more than just an internet community and it is supposed to mean something. It does to me, I know it does to the mods who work so hard on our behalf, I know it does to the special fans here (dare I mention Blondie?) I can't help but recall how Khun Kao went out of his way to try and get someones hat back to them just for instance, and then so humbly gave all the credit to Coach Gibbs and the example he sets for us all.

Beyond that, this thread opened with "As most of you already know, we mods have been making a concerted effort to discourage personal attacks and insults on this forum." This is not as major an issue but is a probably more chronic one. I am big enough to stand up and accept that I have trod over this line in the heat of a game thread or in response to some trolls needling. I apologize and will try to take it to heart and do better in the future. I think that many of us could. I only hope that this thread encourages all of us to consider our actions here and make the attempt to present ourselves to others in a better light. Make your Skins as proud of you as you are of them.

The pen is mightier than the sword......

WOWWWW..... reading all of this kinda makes me laugh......i am not an old timer here but from what i have read most people on here are very judgemental about everything they read....and like myself, most on here are opinionated...I also see many posts where people bash others for perhaps spelling or not having facts to back up statements or simply there opinions (that should be addressed).....I understand the issues with threats but In my opinion somebody threatening me by typing me a message is pretty lame and although I know the site has a responsibility to report and address the situation, I take all the words typed on here with a grain of salt....and If I dont like it I can leave at any time.

Posting threats online, LMAO. People are so funny. What are they going to do? Jump out through someone's PC and choke them, or maybe slide through their wireless hand held device and slice their tires. Ouuuu! Big Scary Man! The idea is so ridiculous it’s hilarious.

I think making any threat in any forum should be reason enough for a lifetime ban. Its football. Its fun to kid, joke and nag people for stupid thoughts and random posts. The bottom line is 99.9% all have the same passion, the Redskins, how could anyone get that ticked off. Its amazing how many morons are on the internet.

Ya...people should just respect other people's opinions about the redskins, football, etc.

Posting threats online, LMAO. People are so funny. What are they going to do? Jump out through someone's PC and choke them, or maybe slide through their wireless hand held device and slice their tires. Ouuuu! Big Scary Man! The idea is so ridiculous it’s hilarious.
Yeah, it's hilarious right up until a threatening psycho gets hold of someone's personal information on the internet and starts tracking him/her. That's hilarious alright. What a hoot.

I'm surprised

I understand heated debates in other forums specifically tailgate but the Redskins is what brings us together.

And I laughed at the not so sweet PMs I received earlier in the year probably because they didnt threaten gunplay thou.

Blue Talon are you serious? You are calling be out on this?

No one is laughing at real life "psycho's" as you call them but the pathetic losers would hide behind screen names and cyber walls, those would piss their self if confronted in the “real” world, but beat their chest like a drum on line. I assume you knew this already but choose to make issue with me over a light hearted comment anyway. Do you feel better now?

If a "psycho" wanted to hurt a person, steal their personal info, and track them down I'm not to sure what an extremeskins ban would do to hinder them.

Everyone, including myself, knows threats shouldn't be issued, but if you've been gaming, in chat rooms, or on message boards more then a week you know idiots do it. And to the, again pathetic, individuals who do this, actually thinking they bother me, it is hilarious, or as you say a "hoot".

You've been here 6 months now so I have to believe you understand most of us here are pretty intelligent. I think it was pretty obvious that I wasn't implying stand by and allow people to make threats, but rather those who do are laughable. I will continue to be baffled as to why they do it just like I am at others who reply to Lavar for Palmer threads, they are funny.

Blue Talon are you serious? You are calling be out on this? No one is laughing at real life "psycho's" as you call them but the pathetic losers would hide behind screen names and cyber walls, those would piss their self if confronted in the “real” world, but beat their chest like a drum on line. I assume you knew this already but choose to make issue with me over a light hearted comment anyway. Do you feel better now? If a "psycho" wanted to hurt a person, steal their personal info, and track them down I'm not to sure what an extremeskins ban would do to hinder them. Everyone including myself knows threats shouldn't be issued, but if you've been gaming, in chat rooms or on message boards more then a week you know its idiots do it. And to the again pathetic individuals who do this actually thinking they bother me it is hilarious, or as you say a "hoot".

You've been here 6 months now so I have to believe you understand most of us here are pretty intelligent. I think it was pretty obvious that I wasn't implying stand by and allow people to make threats, but rather those who do are laughable. I will continue to be baffled as to why they do it just like I am at others who reply to Lavar for Palmer threads, they are idiots.

If you don't use paragraphs, I'm going to hunt you down and kill you. J/K :D

Ok kids, group hug.... mmmmmm,mmmmMMMh.

Now don't we all feel better?

How about this crazy weather we are having here in the DC area. I manage to get 2 rounds of golf in last week and now my testies have crawled back inside for hibernation...

All joking aside, I knew this was going to come up sooner or later. Blondie is absolutely correct about having to bring it up at all. This is suppose to be a fan board, not ultimate fighting pay per view. It isn't that hard to make a point without threatening or insulting the author, but some people just don't get it. Maybe there should be a breathalizer installed on every computer before you can be a member. I am certain alcohol or other substances are contributing to the problem. Follow the rules, or go home.

Archived