Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs/Saunders press conference: Live @ 2pm today.

DieselPwr44

Talking about Al Saunders, smart smart man. Numbering system that branched off is where Al came from. Very similar to what we are doing here. In Al we have somebody that speaks out of and comes from teh same tree/background. Dick Vermiel and I believe in a lot of the same teams. If you look at what they have done, KC is a machine. Well-balanced, top of league, great formations, etc. Thought about ways to improve the team and he and Dan both wanted to do it. The best way they thought could be to get Al Saunders. Called him, went over there and talked. He was considered for head coaching jobs, proposed what he was thinking for here.

Lot to do with the redskins, I'm doing mainly offense and working with coaches, etc. So he thought that Al would be a natural fit. (My Note: Not sure whether that means Al is taking on those responsibilities or what.) Wanted to add somebody who could really help us. Lot of the credit goes to Dan. Usually a owner would balk at this, but not Dan. Al's coming on in a second. He will oversee and direct the offense. It will free me up to do other things. Allow me to have more flexibility here. Al's familar with a lot fo the coaches. Super smart coaches here.

Al Saunders talking now: Admired Gibbs for a long time. One of my heros and role models. Don't usually get to work with someone who is already in the hall of fame. Vermiel will be in hall soon too. Gibbs is giving me chance Vermiel gave me, chance ot bring championship football here to the redskins. Rarely get to work for your hero.

talking about production of the Air Coryell offense. Wants to help this offense improve, especially in scoring. More productive points. Gregg William's D is outstanding. I know because we had to play them this year. Great D team here in Washington. Wants to score more points and only good things to come.

Archived