Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

11-5 Next Season

mistere

Assuming no devastating injuries at the QB and RB positions, I predict we will go at worst 11-5. If you look at our schedule http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/2006_opponents , we have home games against Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Carolina, Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Minnesota. I think we can go 7-1 at home losing one to either Carolina or J-ville. Then away, we have Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Houston, Indianapolis, and St. Louis. I figure at worst we will go 4-4 on the road. We should definately be able to win at St. Louis, Houston, and NO. Then we just need to steal 1 win from a conference foe.

Could have a home game in the playoffs next year.

Thoughts on this? Anyone else thinking this or am I totally off ?

Assuming no devastating injuries at the QB and RB positions, I predict we will go at worst 11-5. If you look at our schedule http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/2006_opponents , we have home games against Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Carolina, Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Minnesota. I think we can go 7-1 at home losing one to either Carolina or J-ville. Then away, we have Dallas, N.Y. Giants, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Houston, Indianapolis, and St. Louis. I figure at worst we will go 4-4 on the road. We should definately be able to win at St. Louis, Houston, and NO. Then we just need to steal 1 win from a conference foe.

HOME GAMES :

Dallas -- WIN, especially if Bledsoe is still QB.

N.Y. Giants -- WIN, especially if Eli Manning is still QB.

Philadelphia -- WIN. I like their new WR though. Brown, is it?

Atlanta -- WIN. If they still have Vick as QB, we'll destroy him. He runs too much. That's College crap. We stuff the line, and they'll fall apart.

Carolina -- ??. Tough to decide. Depends on which Carolina team shows up.

Jacksonville -- WIN. Please... these guys are overrated.

Tennessee -- WIN. Need I say more?

Minnesota -- WIN. These guys have too many issues in the coaching staff. Players won't be comfortable yet with the new staff.

AWAY GAMES :

Dallas -- ??. Division Road games are too difficult to predict.

N.Y. Giants -- ??. Division Road games are too difficult to predict.

Philadelphia -- ??. Division Road games are too difficult to predict.

New Orleans -- WIN.

Tampa Bay -- ??. Good tough game. I see Tampa playing hard out of revenge.

Houston -- WIN. If they get Reggie Bush, it still won't matter.

Indianapolis -- WIN. I predict that in the offseason, a LOT of players are leaving the Colts and they're gonna fall apart as a team.

St. Louis -- WIN. They suck.

Well, I found 11 wins in there. Until I know WHEN in our schedule we play these teams, find out our bye week and find out their schedule, it'll be hard to predict some of these games. But that's my wish list so far.

Your close.

We will go 12-4.

Nuff said!

Hail!:point2sky

dougwilliams.JPG

Gibbs and the staff need to game plan for 13-3. That's what it will take for home field advantage and a definate wild card bye. If we went 10-6 against the brutal schedule we had this year, and the horrendous stretch where we wasted 4th quarter leads 3 games in a row, 13-3 should be doable next year.

Clearly you want to remain optimistic. There is no doubt in my mind Fedex is one of the best home field advantages in the NFL. Look at what the team was able to achieve at the end of this season. 12-4 is doable. With Saunders at the head of the offense, there shouldn't be the same woes we suffered this year. And as long as Williams sticks around the defense will be solid.

The biggest question for next year and how we do is who will be the QB. I've watched Campell since he was a freshman at Auburn, and if he learns the system fast his athletic ability will be enough to carry us to 12-4.

It is so hard to know at this point what a team will look like when we play them next year. Will they have injuries? Who would have thought the Eagles would be 6-10 and without their 3 best offensive players?

12 wins should be the goal at this point, but so much can change.

HOME GAMES :

Dallas -- LOSE, especially if Brunnell is still QB.

N.Y. Giants -- LOSE, especially if Brunnell is still QB.

Philadelphia -- LOSE. I like their new WR though. Brown, is it?

Atlanta -- LOSE. If we still have Brunnell as QB, we'll get destroyed. He can't run . That's College crap. They stuff the line, and we'll fall apart.

Jacksonville -- LOSE. Please... our guys are overrated.

Minnesota -- LOSE. We have too many issues in the coaching staff. Players won't be comfortable yet with the new staff.

AWAY GAMES :

Dallas -- ??. Campbell should be starting.

N.Y. Giants -- ??. Campbell should be starting.

Philadelphia -- ??. Campbell should be starting.

New Orleans -- WIN.

Indianapolis -- LOSE. I predict that in the offseason, a LOT of players are leaving the Colts and they're gonna fall apart as a team.

Well, I found 4 wins in there. Until I know WHEN in our schedule we play these teams, find out our bye week and find out their schedule, it'll be hard to predict some of these games. But that's my wish list so far.

That seems about right.

HOME GAMES :

Dallas -- LOSE, especially if Brunnell is still QB.

N.Y. Giants -- LOSE, especially if Brunnell is still QB.

Philadelphia -- LOSE. I like their new WR though. Brown, is it?

Atlanta -- LOSE. If we still have Brunnell as QB, we'll get destroyed. He can't run . That's College crap. They stuff the line, and we'll fall apart.

Jacksonville -- LOSE. Please... our guys are overrated.

Minnesota -- LOSE. We have too many issues in the coaching staff. Players won't be comfortable yet with the new staff.

AWAY GAMES :

Dallas -- ??. Campbell should be starting.

N.Y. Giants -- ??. Campbell should be starting.

Philadelphia -- ??. Campbell should be starting.

New Orleans -- WIN.

Indianapolis -- LOSE. I predict that in the offseason, a LOT of players are leaving the Colts and they're gonna fall apart as a team.

Well, I found 4 wins in there. Until I know WHEN in our schedule we play these teams, find out our bye week and find out their schedule, it'll be hard to predict some of these games. But that's my wish list so far.

That seems about right.

So you predict us going 4-12. Well last season many picked us to go 4-12 and we know what happened.

Redskins' record next year after winning the Super Bowl:

Win: 21

Lose: negative-2

The NFL rewards Gibbs for being the greatest guy ever by giving him two free wins: one for getting into the playoffs with Brunell and one for winning under Snyder. This makes the Skins the first NFL team ever to lose fewer than zero games.

They also induct Gibbs into the HOF two extra times, just because.

Gregg Williams is unmasked as internationally acclaimed chess wizard Gary Kasparov, and Joe Bugel turns out to be the reincarnation of Teddy Roosevelt. Snyder is so happy, he just gives the franchise to Gibbs and bows at his feet. Then he gets up and runs off to dedicate the rest of his life to running Six Flags into the ground.

Darrell Green is made a saint, in light of the miracle that was his come-from-behind rundown of Tony Dorsett. A new Federal holiday, Saint Darrell's Day, is added as February 28th.

forget 11-5, I'm thinking we should be 12-4 next year. The schedule is much easier than this past season and we will have a 3rd straight year under the same head coach and defensive coordinator. The only difference is Al Saunders and that will only help.

Redskins' record next year after winning the Super Bowl:

Win: 21

Lose: negative-2

The NFL rewards Gibbs for being the greatest guy ever by giving him two free wins: one for getting into the playoffs with Brunell and one for winning under Snyder. This makes the Skins the first NFL team ever to lose fewer than zero games.

They also induct Gibbs into the HOF two extra times, just because.

Gregg Williams is unmasked as internationally acclaimed chess wizard Gary Kasparov, and Joe Bugel turns out to be the reincarnation of Teddy Roosevelt. Snyder is so happy, he just gives the franchise to Gibbs and bows at his feet. Then he gets up and runs off to dedicate the rest of his life to running Six Flags into the ground.

Darrell Green is made a saint, in light of the miracle that was his come-from-behind rundown of Tony Dorsett. A new Federal holiday, Saint Darrell's Day, is added as February 28th.

My sentiments exactly!!

Every team in the east should be better next year. The QB situation for the Skins is as big a problem as any other team in the east will deal with. So if the Giants and Cowgirls are better that makes the Giants the team with homefield. To say Eli will take a step back and the Giants will suck is almost as dumb as saying Campbell can come in and take the Skins the Bowl.

Gibbs and the staff need to game plan for 13-3. That's what it will take for home field advantage and a definate wild card bye. If we went 10-6 against the brutal schedule we had this year, and the horrendous stretch where we wasted 4th quarter leads 3 games in a row, 13-3 should be doable next year.

Gibbs and the staff are game planning for 19-0. Haven't you heard? We hired Al Saunders; and kept Greg Williams and staff.

Every team in the east should be better next year. The QB situation for the Skins is as big a problem as any other team in the east will deal with. So if the Giants and Cowgirls are better that makes the Giants the team with homefield. To say Eli will take a step back and the Giants will suck is almost as dumb as saying Campbell can come in and take the Skins the Bowl.

I fully expect the entire East to be better. I also expect the Redskins to be on top next year. NYGiants will do well. I see you're a Giants fan... come on, man, ya gotta admit that it's easy to pressure Eli. He's like his brother. I'm not saying the Giants suck. But Eli's got some issues.

I'm not saying the Redskins are perfect... just saying they're looking much better than the Giants.

first of all, it is way to early to be making these predictions.

BUT.....

while we're on the subject, I think that we have just as good of a shot to make the superbowl with campbell at the helm as you all have with eli.

Eli has yet to show that he can win on the road, and, more important, in the big games. He started the season off lightning fast, and digressed as the season progressed. He might be your QB of the future, but I wouldnt get to excited about him becoming his brother. His accuracy is lacking, and his pocket pressance seemed to get worse as the season went on. Unless he plays up to the potential that he showed in the first part of the season, you all might be in trouble next year.

Archived