Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Saunders and Ramsey???

Larry Gude

Why do so many on here think that just because Al Saunders is the new O-Coord that he is the new HC. Ramsey's future is dependent on his value in the open market, how Gibbs trusts/feels about Ramsey's abilities and what the entire offensive coaches think about him vs. Brunell, not just what Saunders thinks.

Why do so many people on here think that just because Al Saunders is the the OC he'll have no say in personel?

Ramseys, being an offensive player, future is dependent on his value to the new OC unless the HC brought him in to sit on his hands.

We already know how HC feels about PR.

Cap casualty. Ramsey's gone.

Plus, with Campbell having this year to get his game together, I would think the Redskins would invest in the younger QB and look to make him the franchise over the next decade.

That's probably correct but...Brunell is $4 million next year, not $1.7 mil.

Cap casualty. Ramsey's gone.

Plus, with Campbell having this year to get his game together, I would think the Redskins would invest in the younger QB and look to make him the franchise over the next decade.

Now that makes no sense, Ramsey is cheap. They won't get a Qb with his experiance and talent at the same price let alone less. He also cut his contract a lot recently....

Then again if he was to be the third string guy as a lot on here probably think he would be, it might make sense from a money stand point...although it would hurt to lose a guy as knowledgable about the sytem by now and have to coach someone else up.

Now that makes no sense, Ramsey is cheap. They won't get a Qb with his experiance and talent at the same price let alone less. He also cut his contract a lot recently....

Then again if he was to be the third string guy as a lot on here probably think he would be, it might make sense from a money stand point...although it would hurt to lose a guy as knowledgable about the sytem by now and have to coach someone else up.

Websters: Visionary: viz shun air ee, adj, one he can see possibilities through the fog of conventional wisdom...not dependent on Brunellbot world view or group-think...

Good show.

I think in Ramsey's case what's best for the team is not necessarily what Gibbs will do. I think Gibbs will do the right thing by letting Ramsey get a shot to play elsewhere. He accommodated Coles, so I can't imagine that he won't do the same for Ramsey who hasn't complained publicly. The fact that Saunders didn't mention him during his press conference I think makes it obvious that it's been decided, and that Ramsey knows, that he will be somewhere else next year.

If Al Saunders is running the offense, truly, does he choose Patrick Ramsey as his QB?

Trent Green is a good sized pocket QB who looks to throw deep. He's not particularly mobile and he doesn't give up on plays too quickly. Sound familiar?

Say what you will about Ramsey and he's gotta show me too, but he does fit the mold Saunders brings. Gibbs wanted a veteran and he wanted max protect and he wanted the ball thrown away.

The offense Green ran for Saunders used multiple WR's to spread the defense, attacked with the TE and employed an edge (outside) running game to keep defenses from bursting straight up field every play.

This all worked together to give Green a bit more time in the pocket.

So, Redksin fans, obviously we can see Portis licking his lips to be attacking the edge again like he did in Denver instead of blasting through the middle and one can readily see Saunders getting Cooley the ball.

Does Al want to take a look before Joe lets him go?

Does Cinderella get to at least try on the slipper?

I was thinking the same exact thing. We all know Cooley is Ramseys favorite target, I think it is to early to let him go at this point. Saunders is going to be looking for a gun slinger and that gun slinger isnt Brunell, it isnt Campbell, the only person on the roster who I think it could possibly be is Ramsey.

If he is going to model his offense with any similarities, Ramsey has to be the guy. Not to mention he has already had the opportunity to develop a little bit of chemistry with his recievers and with Clinton.

Websters: Visionary: viz shun air ee, adj, one he can see possibilities through the fog of conventional wisdom...not dependent on Brunellbot world view or group-think...

Good show.

I had the pleasure of posting with vish for a couple of years on the only other board I ever hung around prior to this site: the Post's message boards. He had a very long legacy of contributions there and is a great guy.

Yeah, I just read the transcript...

Lotta good words for Campbell, 'looking forward to working with him.."

I can live with that.

Whatever the strengths and weaknesses of MB & PC and whoever else joins the party, I think the team's ability to best utilize them has gone from very improved to "even way better", my fave techincial term. :laugh:

What will be rough for many, is dealing with the likelihood that this will still be a year of play where we really don't go 16-0 with a 17 point win margin per game. But it's surrrrrre gone from looking a lot bettr this year (IMO) to looking realistically Championship-bound, and having a regular prescence in the top-tier of the league for a few years.

I was thinking the same exact thing. We all know Cooley is Ramseys favorite target, I think it is to early to let him go at this point. Saunders is going to be looking for a gun slinger and that gun slinger isnt Brunell, it isnt Campbell, the only person on the roster who I think it could possibly be is Ramsey.

If he is going to model his offense with any similarities, Ramsey has to be the guy. Not to mention he has already had the opportunity to develop a little bit of chemistry with his recievers and with Clinton.

I think Campbell can do it but the thing is, he's still a rookie with ZERO playing time.

I'm curious to see if Gibbs allows Saunders to make the call on his own, as OC.

I mean, there's two reasons so much sunshine is being blown over Campbell;

Gibbs knows Mark is nothing more than a back up now and...

NOT touting Campbell doesn't fit with sitting Ramsey.

So, if a good offer comes along, then there's no problem, Ramsey is gone.

If Joe sells him cheap before Saunders gets a look at him...

Im thinking if we are going to the big dance any time soon, we have serious issues at QB to deal with. IMO Campbell is'nt a legit candidate to get us there if Brunell does go down. I have always been a huge Ramsey supporter and will be until he signs with another team. If that happens we will see why we should haev atleast given him a fair shake, because when this season was all said and done pulling him and not letting him show us if he could do anything, was pointless.

Whatever the strengths and weaknesses of MB & PC and whoever else joins the party, I think the team's ability to best utilize them has gone from very improved to "even way better", my fave techincial term. :laugh:

What will be rough for many, is dealing with the likelihood that this will still be a year of play where we really don't go 16-0 with a 17 point win margin per game. But it's surrrrrre gone from looking a lot bettr this year (IMO) to looking realistically Championship-bound, and having a regular prescence in the top-tier of the league for a few years.

Well, in terms of 'Even Way Better V 1.1' yeah, the team has THREE years of continuity. That is solid gold.

If MB were 32, we'd be totally justified in looking for the moon but it's fantasy even thinking about him finishing another 16 game season upright. Not many younger men ever do. He only played a full season once before this year, in his career.

So, Campbell and you're right...could be frustrating. So, there are legitimate arguments in terms of Ramsey. What if Brunell starts the season, which is kinda likely. Or say Campbell starts but struggles, Mark comes in and gets hurt.

Awful big bet to put 1/2 your money on an old guy and the other 1/2 on a rook.

Im thinking if we are going to the big dance any time soon, we have serious issues at QB to deal with. IMO Campbell is'nt a legit candidate to get us there if Brunell does go down. I have always been a huge Ramsey supporter and will be until he signs with another team. If that happens we will see why we should haev atleast given him a fair shake, because when this season was all said and done pulling him and not letting him show us if he could do anything, was pointless.

That's been my whole argument for which I get blasted every time.

If Joe had simply played the guy for 3-5 games at the begining of the year, then you KNOW. And you have the titanic advantage of then bringing in your vet with 3-5 LESS games on his body which would have come in AWFUL handy the last three weeks.

Ramsey is a good as gone, I heard they are already tryin to trade him for Moulds, but they can't because Buffalo doesn't have a head coach yet.

Why would Buffalo Trade for Ramsey?? Don't you think they would want some one more proven. They allready have an unproven QB named JP Losman.

Ramsey has a fatal flaw as a qb -- he holds the ball too long. It's not at all clear that this is a correctable flaw, like bad mechanics or poor coverage reads. See Johnson, Rob as a perfect example of this fatal flaw in an otherwise capable quarterback. Increase is convinced that Gibbs saw this trait in Ramsey very early in his film study, and was thus prompted to give away the farm to get Brunell a mere three weeks after praising Ramsey as the qb of the future. Ramsey's trade value is reasonable right now -- Increase recommends trading him promptly and moving on to an intense analysis of Campbell's strengths and weaknesses-

Ramsey- also makes poor decisions down the field. The same thing that makes him a dangerous passer- makes him a liability. He is a risk-taker and throws the ball into too many tight spaces.

Ramsey is gone. Let's focus on getting Brunnell a capable #2 WR AND preparing Jason Campbell for his eventual role as #1 QB.

How many times can we beat this dead horse?

Again I say, what would you have said 10 days ago if someone posted:

We need a new offensive coordinator

No matter how high we all are on Campbell he is still a rookie with no playing time. It is un-realistic to think he will play better than Brunell did this past year, right?

No matter ones opinion on Brunell for the coming season, it is nothing but smart to say 'what if he goes down'?

Is Sonny gonna come down from the booth?

This was posted on the "official" press conference thread, near the end of the posts...

There wasn't much more than what I already put up. Sorry I can't type as fast.

The last thing he said in answering Mora was that he had to look at tape, talk to coaches and then he talked about the QB situation. He mentioned all 3 QBs, said we had two No.1s in Patrick and the guy from Auburn. Said he had been interested in Ramsey when Ramsey was coming out of college.

Looks like Ramsey's still in the picture.

That's about it.

Really nice guy.

I don't know if this is any indication that Ramsey does/does not have a future here, but it seems that Saunders feels that he at least warrants another look. The first thing that Saunders said he planned to do was dive into game film to familiarize himself with and evaluate players...

Archived