Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With Gibbs' New Role - What Happens to the F.O.?

bird_1972

Now that Gibbs seems to be assuming a more managerial role with both Saunders and Williams taking direct control of the offense/defense, respectively, does this mean the end of the line for Cerratto?

One would think that Gibbs would be concentrating more on talent scouting/acquisition since playcalling duties will be primarily the domain of his highly paid assistants. That would render Cerratto's position obsolete, regardless of what you think of Cerratto.

Thoughts?

:helmet:

Now that Gibbs seems to be assuming a more managerial role with both Saunders and Williams taking direct control of the offense/defense, respectively, does this mean the end of the line for Cerratto?

One would think that Gibbs would be concentrating more on talent scouting/acquisition since playcalling duties will be primarily the domain of his highly paid assistants. That would render Cerratto's position obsolete, regardless of what you think of Cerratto.

Thoughts?

Under the Gibbs regime, the talent that we have gotten off of relatively unknown and unwanted players has been tremendous. I don't see us changing anything in the front office and at this point, I don't feel we need to.

Just do your research and you will see several teams that have GM's have done pretty bad iin both the draft and FA.

Under the Gibbs regime, the talent that we have gotten off of relatively unknown and unwanted players has been tremendous. I don't see us changing anything in the front office and at this point, I don't feel we need to.

Just do your research and you will see several teams that have GM's have done pretty bad iin both the draft and FA.

Don't get me wrong ... I don't mean to make this a Cerratto-bashing thread (although I have been a vocal critic in the past). I just thought from an organizational standpoint, with Gibbs taking on less of the coaching duties, there might be some redundancy making Cerratto less important.

Gibbs will still be breaking down tape till the weeee hours and devising a gameplan, he will just have a lot of help from Saunders. Two heads are better then one.

Didn't you mean three head coaches are better than one? Anyway, personnel decisions are made collectively with Gibbs having the final say. That won't change. The way personnel is handled during Gibbs II era has been good. Actually Cerrato is more like the director of scouting and he helps compile the personnel finders for all the prospects.

There's been no indication Gibbs is giving up his offense.

He's just going to incorporate Saunders into the offense like he did Musgrave last year.

I don't know why people keep thinking otherwise.

Maybe it's the money they're paying him....but I think they're paying Musgrave close to $1 million per year.

Paying Saunders $2 million makes sense in comparison.

So I think we'll find out today nothing's really changing.

Didn't you mean three head coaches are better than one? Anyway, personnel decisions are made collectively with Gibbs having the final say. That won't change. The way personnel is handled during Gibbs II era has been good. Actually Cerrato is more like the director of scouting and he helps compile the personnel finders for all the prospects.

I would have to think that Cerratto's role will shrink increasingly as Gibbs moves more into a management role.

Absolutely not, after all somebody has to fetch the coffee and muffins for the all night film breakdowns. Not too mention Danny needs a second on the racquetball court. Even if his roll does decrease he's not going anywhere, he'll just be lurking in the parking lots like when Marty was here, just in case his help is needed.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

Don't get me wrong ... I don't mean to make this a Cerratto-bashing thread (although I have been a vocal critic in the past). I just thought from an organizational standpoint, with Gibbs taking on less of the coaching duties, there might be some redundancy making Cerratto less important.

While Gibbs is concentrating on our week's game plan, Cerrato is out watching college games and scouting guys. Gibbs will take a bigger role in the FO during the offseason, but during the season, nothing will change.

Absolutely not, after all somebody has to fetch the coffee and muffins for the all night film breakdowns. Not too mention Danny needs a second on the racquetball court. Even if his roll does decrease he's not going anywhere, he'll just be lurking in the parking lots like when Marty was here, just in case his help is needed.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

LOL but a fact indeed ! :helmet:

Archived