Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Rivalry?

OVCChairman

Watching this game (Carolina vs Seattle) and talking to my girlfriend (who i have converted from someone who didnt watch football, into someone who listens to Sportstalk 980 on her way home just to hear Redskins updates) i got to thinking. Did this season spark up a small rivalry with Seattle? did it bring upon a new disliking for them? Just curious....

For me i have to say yes. They ended our season, our CINDERELLA season, we were supposed to go all the way!!!

For me, it's just like you, OtherGardner. As of right now, I'm bitter that they are in this game and we are not. I wouldn't call it a rivarly though. It's more of a..."I hate them at this current momment for beating us in the playoffs" type of thing.

It's nothing against the team. No matter who we played, I'd dislike them. A rivarly would have to bring about a feeling of hate towards the team, which I don't really. So...no, I don't consider it a rivarly. In my opinion.

I really don't consider them a rivalry. We don't play them enough, and there are certainly VERY few seahawks fans that make it to the game here. I think a rivalry is about the fans just as much as the players, and its tough for the opposing fans to make the cross-country trip in any sort of volume to become a rivalry.

ok, maybe not so much a rivalry, but you have to admit, the next few times we play them, we are going to have a chip on our shoulder due to the fact that they ended our season. You cant tell me you dont still think about the fact that Tampa Bay beat us in the playoffs in 99

Watching this game (Carolina vs Seattle) and talking to my girlfriend (who i have converted from someone who didnt watch football, into someone who listens to Sportstalk 980 on her way home just to hear Redskins updates) i got to thinking. Did this season spark up a small rivalry with Seattle? did it bring upon a new disliking for them? Just curious....

For me i have to say yes. They ended our season, our CINDERELLA season, we were supposed to go all the way!!!

In my book yes. I really hate Seattle now... Tampa isnt our rival because we do beat them all the time even when we lose. To me they arent much competition... Seattle on the other hand... I want to see them pay next year.

OH and how the hell did you convert your GF.... I have been working on that for the whole season! PM ME AND LET ME KNOW!

First....YOU KNOW your girlfriend gets irritated about you goin out with your buddies to watch the game and such, so watch it at home with her....this way she cant get mad at you for not spending time with her and she might get so bored she'll actually pay attention, and she will feed off of your excitement.

Second....buy her a Jersey for Christmas or her Birthday, subconsiously she will associate this with you trying to share interests with her...and she will jump at the opprotunity.....

Third....just expose her to it, make her feel pressured to act liek she's enjoying it, she will eventually adapt.

Fourth...Take her to a game....i took my girlfriend to the Dallas game and it pushed her into obsession....

Fifth, i might just be blowing smoke up your @$$ but it might work!!!!

and we've only been dating since this past June....I took her to the game agains Dallas and it put her over the top, she cant get enough football and loves the Skins

That's the way to do it. I took my wife and her sister who lives outside Denver to their first NFL game. Christmas eve against the Raiders, and the Broncos did not disappoint. They're both hooked now, even if their team selections are a little off. The wife is Seahawks, Redskins and Chiefs, her sister, Broncos.

We'll work on getting them to root for the right teams in the off season.:D

That's the way to do it. I took my wife and her sister who lives outside Denver to their first NFL game. Christmas eve against the Raiders, and the Broncos did not disappoint. They're both hooked now, even if their team selections are a little off. The wife is Seahawks, Redskins and Chiefs, her sister, Broncos.

We'll work on getting them to root for the right teams in the off season.:D

come on that's easy, just tell your wife that Kansas City's Coordinator is with the Redskins now...she'll get excited

and tell the sister that Denver's ALL PRO Rb plays for the skins now....she'll get excited :applause:

Archived