Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs giving up playcalling duties!

Spaceman Spiff

i think gibbs will still have the final say in the play calling saunders will call the play and gibbs will either give his stamp of approval or change the play. like most head coaches do . and as far as mort goes , everything he says about the skins is either hear say or he is just starting rumors. he knows absolutely nothing about the skins. no more than you or i. he has no connections with the skins. the only person i will give credence to is jay glazier.

i think gibbs will still have the final say in the play calling saunders will call the play and gibbs will either give his stamp of approval or change the play. like most head coaches do . and as far as mort goes , everything he says about the skins is either hear say or he is just starting rumors. he knows absolutely nothing about the skins. no more than you or i. he has no connections with the skins. the only person i will give credence to is jay glazier.

This is interesting. I don't know a lot about Glazier other than his silly point-counterpoint with that other nimrod over at Sportsline, but I'd be interested in hearing some examples of his stories or rumors that were later substantiated. Please understand that I'm not attacking this assertion, just oblivious to Glaziers Skins-related credentials.

why do some people make this so hard? really, most of these "why is his name Bob?" questions answer themselves if the people asking them would just stop and think for a bit. don't just react to something, actually think about it. once you get the habit, it's very useful. you can always still ask questions if it doesn't help, but at least try it first.

why do some people make this so hard? really, most of these "why is his name Bob?" questions answer themselves if the people asking them would just stop and think for a bit. don't just react to something, actually think about it. once you get the habit, it's very useful. you can always still ask questions if it doesn't help, but at least try it first.

because said people are only interested in stirring up ****, instead of having legitimate questions

Oh now see there you go. Trying to inject reason into things. We'll have none of that here. ;)

If Bill Belichick can win 3 superbowls with a genius offensive coordinator and a genius defensive coordinator, then I really see no problem with this set up.

And who here would say that Belichick was just a "figurehead" or a "GM" on those teams? Some people here are overreacting...

Man it took till page 4 for this to be said..

but at least someone has their head on straight.

This was clear when he went out and got Saunders, this should not shock anyone.

Plus this is what I called :)

I Think this is another step in the right direction.

So what's your prediction of what they do with Mike Mularkey, since they brought him in to help with the offense last year?

WTF?

Isn't Gibbs the one who went after him?

Yes, but from what I hear gibbs was being held hostage on the RedskinOne and Snyder made Gibbs talk to Saunders while holding him at gun point. It is amazing that coach Gibbs made it through the ordeal. As you know, Credible sources say his diabetes are forcing him into retirement as it is.

Hopefully, he can still stand on the sidelines, clap, and say good job .

Lets not forget the purpose of Gibbs to come back and that is to get the team competitive again. Gibbs knows he is not going to be here forever so if he has the opportunity to have an excellent OC in place to replace him, he will give up some of his duties to make that happen.

I guess when you have 3 rings and a spot in the HoF, you really have nothing else to prove.

First of all if you're going to pay a coordinator 2m a year he better be calling the plays. Secondly, most coaches in the NFL have coordinators that call plays. This is no different than about 20+ other teams in the NFL. JG is not stepping down as HC to be the GM, he is simply running his team like most other teams are run. I don't see what the big deal is here. Joe wasn't happy with the proficiency of the offense. Last year he gave up the playcalling to Burns and Breaux. This year apparently he wasn't happy with the way that worked out so he hired someone else to do it. He is still the HC, and deserves all the credit for being the HC when we are successful.

I know there are some on this board that are fans of Cerrato but he is the only one in the organization that I am amazed still has a job. We have yet to have a decent day on the second day of the draft and most of the hits we get is not because of him.

our scouts? in that case, hire me. :D

Oh now see there you go. Trying to inject reason into things. We'll have none of that here. ;)

I remain socially inept and am forever beholding to the good graces of those here who accept me with all my inadequacies. :)

Plus, Om hasn't figured out how to code the Jumbo Alignment filter into the matrix...yet. :paranoid:

Archived