Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs' plan to put Williams in Charge (Theory)

Combatant

I hope you didn't click on this thread looking to find an article, this is strictly theory. With the hiring of Al Saunders and the retaining of the coaching staff I think 2006 is going to be Joe's last year (I hope not, but think it is). I believe Williams will take over head coaching responsibilities in 2007 with Saunders as his offensive coordinator. Gibbs (the greatest coach on earth) is grooming his staff and players to put Williams in a great position to succeed for many years. All greats, whether in sports or any other facet of life groom a predecessor to carry on their tradition.

What do you all think?:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Even my fellow buddues, whoe are skins haters, believe that JG has always been grooming GW as the heir apparent to be HC, and has built this team for him to inherit and succeed.

I think JG will step down as HC after next season, and then move into the FO to help DS.

Remember, he came back to help the organization. This is about loyalty from JG. His ego is Ok if GW wins a SB as the head coach.

All great coaches groom their staff to take over.

JG will be our GM!

I maybe wrong in my belief but so far Joe has been a man of his word and he has said he plans to coach out the 5 year contract he signed. Until I hear him say he is leaving, I will not look for hidden agendas but rather take him at his word.

This is how I feel. JG said 5 years, that means 5 years. But, I do think if we win a SB with in the next 2 years he will leave after that. But, for now it's still 5 years.:logo::logo::logo:

I maybe wrong in my belief but so far Joe has been a man of his word and he has said he plans to coach out the 5 year contract he signed. Until I hear him say he is leaving, I will not look for hidden agendas but rather take him at his word.

He is defiantly a man of his word, great point!

Guest GibbSkins11
I hope you didn't click on this thread looking to find an article, this is strictly theory. With the hiring of Al Saunders and the retaining of the coaching staff I think 2006 is going to be Joe's last year (I hope not, but think it is). I believe Williams will take over head coaching responsibilities in 2007 with Saunders as his offensive coordinator. Gibbs (the greatest coach on earth) is grooming his staff and players to put Williams in a great position to succeed for many years. All greats, whether in sports or any other facet of life groom a predecessor to carry on their tradition.

What do you all think?:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

were winnin super bowl 41 so i guess it will be a giant sendoff for the greatest coach everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:allhail:

people have been trying to push Joe Gibbs out of the job since he got it. All this talk about grooming coaches and crap. There is no grooming of a coach. A coach may learn new things from another coach but his personality will never change. Gibbs is on the job because he likes it. He is bringing assitants because Snyder has the money to do it. There is mystery plan

I think that Joe will coach for all 5 years, then give Gregg Williams the HC position. It would be great if after the 5 years that Gibbs moves into the Front Office. All in all, I am happy that we have a long term future for this team. I glad that we turn into a mess like we did the last time Gibbs left.

people have been trying to push Joe Gibbs out of the job since he got it. All this talk about grooming coaches and crap. There is no grooming of a coach. A coach may learn new things from another coach but his personality will never change. Gibbs is on the job because he likes it. He is bringing assitants because Snyder has the money to do it. There is mystery plan

The hater post I was not trying to generate! In case you haven't noticed Brunellsuperbowl I don't have the authority to push gibbs out of office, I am just throwing my opinion out there. When we talk of grooming coaching, we're not talking about personality, we're talking football smarts (schemes, leadership ability, and management). Why don't you go buy yourself a clue!

In the virginia pilot fridays paper edition not the online as i could not find it it said gibbs would couch at least through the end of next year. I think as long as he is healthy and abl;e top take it he will coach 5+ years unless of course he wins a superbowl then he may step down. I sure hope he continues in the front office as team president after he retires.

Exactly.

JG isn't going anywhere and no ones taking over just yet.

Williams will take the reigns in three years.

Just as planned.

All is well.

Hail!:point2sky

lordoftherings.JPG

actually, most great coaches don't provide for their successors.

Lombardi, Landry, Shula, etc. These coaches left their teams without a successor in place.

The one team that did this successfully was San Francisco, which continued to win with Seifert for many years after Walsh departed after the 1989 season.

Actually, I tend to agree with this theory. With the announcement that the bulk of the offensive/play-calling duties have been shifted to Saunders, the clause in GW's contract (and the fact he can leave after next year), and the article that points out Gibbs is stepping more towards a role of player personnel/GM duties, I think there is a trend indicating that this season may be Gibbs last as a head coach, though I believe he will stay on as a team ambassador/GM-esque role.

Gibbs will coach at least until he takes the team to a superbowl or his 5 years are up-whichever comes first. He has 3 years left and we can assume he will forfill that. Only thing that might change that- winning a superbowl sooner than later or his health.

I will buy one thing- Gibbs will make sure the Skins are set for the future; something they weren't the last time he left. Gibbs will make sure the Skins don't crash or burn this time after he left. Gibbs bleds burgandy and gold- that's why he came back. He's a man on a mission and his mission is to restory the Skins glory and then make sure the team stays capable of winning championships after he leaves for good!

Gibbs will coach at least until he takes the team to a superbowl or his 5 years are up-whichever comes first. He has 3 years left and we can assume he will forfill that. Only thing that might change that- winning a superbowl sooner than later or his health.

I will buy one thing- Gibbs will make sure the Skins are set for the future; something they weren't the last time he left. Gibbs will make sure the Skins don't crash or burn this time after he left. Gibbs bleds burgandy and gold- that's why he came back. He's a man on a mission and his mission is to restory the Skins glory and then make sure the team stays capable of winning championships after he leaves for good!

The only thing in your post that I can quibble about is that you beat me to it!:mad:

I do think Gibbs will coach out his five year contract and then retire to the F.O. Whether he does the F.O. thing or not, I do think he regrets having left the cupboard bare when he retired the first time and is trying his best to leave the team in good shape this time around. After all, why go to the trouble of coming back and fixing things up if you're just going to watch it all go to he11 in a handbasket when you step down?

Clearly Gibbs is positioning the team for success now and down the road but that doesn't mean he's not going to finish out his contract.

This is how I feel. JG said 5 years, that means 5 years. But, I do think if we win a SB with in the next 2 years he will leave after that. But, for now it's still 5 years.:logo::logo::logo:

Why would he do that?

He's not leaving early if we win a SB.

Where do you get this stuff??

The plan is set.

It's a three year plan that unfolds into a ten year plan that shows the dynasty has just begun.

Life is good.

Especially for Skins fans!

Hail!:point2sky

lordoftherings.JPG

I think that if Gregg Williams would leave if Joe Gibbs didn't allow him to be HC, then Gibbs would step down, and probably take a job within the Front Office...

He is a team player through and through.

:cheers:

I think that if Gregg Williams would leave if Joe Gibbs didn't allow him to be HC, then Gibbs would step down, and probably take a job within the Front Office...

He is a team player through and through.

:cheers:

Uh- that's Synder's decision. If Williams wants to pout like a baby- then let him leave. Gibbs will stay here as long as he wants and when he retires and Williams is still around and Synder wants to give him the job he will.

The last thing anyone should want, is to push out a HOF coach. When Gibbs retires, he retires Hopefully, that's after a superbowl win or two.

Greg Williams has proven nothing as head coach and there is no gaurentee that when he gets his second chance- he will succeed.

Archived