Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Blast From The REDSKIN'S Past (courtesy of docsandy)

Tarhog

(misty eyed) Wow, thank you so much docsandy and tarhog. I have '91 and '87, but the dirt band stuff from the early '80s I never saw.

Edit: Riggins run, the single greatest play in redskins history, I now have to watch anytime I want.

Thanks again! :notworthy :cheers:

This stuff is really great especially since I don't live near Washington and have never seen most of it.

I can't seem to get the "Death of the Hogs" to work. It only goes about 10 seconds and then stops. I tried it on Windows xp and on my G4 mac and neither one does the trick. Thanks for the great memories. Oh, and one more thing, on the forth and one play in Superbowl 17, I think Dolphin's safety Don McNeal had been knocked senseless earlier on in the game and then made the mistake of trying to bring down "The Diesel" with a high tackle. Big Mistake. :helmet:

Incredible list of videos! Thank you thank you!!

I kind of new to this site, but have been a Skins fan for over 25 years! The video content on this site is just fantastic! One question, do I need something special for some of the videos? The Video of the Atlanta playoff game (one of my favorite of all time) doesn't seem to work after 10 seconds. Same with HTTR. Could it be my version of Media Player?

Thanks a bunch!

Aw, man are these great!!! Jeez, though... I remember when channel 9 started calling themselves WUSA. Doesn't seem like that long ago, but I guess it is. Now that makes me feel old.

Wondeer if George can bring back the Dirt Band for our Super Bowl run next year... :helmet: :logo:

These are great clips! I can't wait to show my brother these clips. I don't remember most of these clips, but he has framed pics in his basement of some of these clips.

The hog funeral isn't working for me though. I can only see a few seconds & then the video stops. I don't even know what the hog funeral is. :(

These are great clips! I can't wait to show my brother these clips. I don't remember most of these clips, but he has framed pics in his basement of some of these clips.

The hog funeral isn't working for me though. I can only see a few seconds & then the video stops. I don't even know what the hog funeral is. :(

Reloaded that one and it seems to be working now (missing the past couple seconds though....)

That last clip still makes me shiver. I feel the same nausea coming over me as I did that night Nov. 18, 1985.

To think, his career ended that night. One wonders what could have been after.......had that not happened.

Blondie

If I remember correctly Joey T. looked alot like Brunnell did last year, when that happened. My brother (who's been a Redskins fan since 1970) said he wanted Theismann out because he was playing so bad that season, but not like that. I remember telling him, "Be careful what you wish for, ya frickin moron." (and I didn't say frickin)

These clips are simply amazing. Every Redskin fan should watch and cherish these moments. I still can't believe someone had these clips lying around, and the tapes are still in good shape. I just bought a DVD burner so I am going to transfer my old tapes from the '80's over to disk.

I'll let you know about the quality.

Thanks again. :cheers:

Gosh, I remember all those plays as if it were yesterday. I miss Gary Clark. That dude was my hero when I was a kid.

Same here, as you can see by my username hehe. I remember one game the skins played the cardinals during our super bowl run and my dad and I got to the game early. Gary Clark sat there for at least 40 mins before game and signed every last autograph for the fans that were on hand, all the while grinning from ear to ear. Gary was tops!

And it was good to see those Brian Mitchell clips too. It got to the point where B. Mitch was so feared opposing kickers would flat out not kick to the dude. Man he was awesome.

We have been treated to some really great football here in our Nation's Capitol!

Thanks for those redskins gems docsandy!

Archived