Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We sign Free agent Canadian Running Back

drewski

OJ Atogwe, the starting Safety for the Rams and Nick Kaczur, the Super Bowl Champion starting OL for the Pats would say otherwise.

NFL players pretending to be from Canada need to be given DNA tests... I don't believe it.

Actually, there are players from countries all over the world who play in the NFL. The fact we can only name 2 Canadians (I still require DNA tests), when Canada actually has its own football league is pretty sad. Apparently, there are some 13 Canadians in the NFL (which is unconfirmed and needs to be tested). There are nearly as many players in the NFL from DC as there are from Canada (probably Canadians of US-descent who happen to have accidentally crossed the border or been held ransom).

Joe isn't a hoser. He's a Golden Domer from Jersey.

He didn't say he was Canadian, just that he played in the CFL which he did:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Theismann

However, instead of playing for the Dolphins or the Twins, Theismann elected to sign with the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League. In his rookie year, Theismann led the Argonauts to a 10-4 record and won the league's eastern conference passing title and a berth in the Grey Cup championship game in Vancouver, British Columbia versus the Calgary Stampeders (59th Grey Cup). Unfortunately, a fumble late in the fourth quarter by Argonaut running back Leon McQuay close to the goal line cost the Argonauts the Grey Cup.
That's a neat story, and best of luck to Lumsden, but I hope he's a special teams whiz or it could be tough. I suspect we will deal Betts and keep Rock and Nemo.

Deal Betts??? No way!! Quiet as its kept, Betts will be our starting back this year before the season is up....

We Signed him!!

Redskins | Lumsden signed to two-year contract

Sat, 21 Jan 2006 19:27:50 -0800

TSN.ca reports the Washington Redskins have signed free agent RB Jesse Lumsden (Seahawks) to a two-year contract. No financial terms were disclosed. Lumsden played for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the CFL in 2005.

Here come the Jesse Lumsden for starting running back campaigns. :laugh:

NFL players pretending to be from Canada need to be given DNA tests... I don't believe it.

Actually, there are players from countries all over the world who play in the NFL. The fact we can only name 2 Canadians (I still require DNA tests), when Canada actually has its own football league is pretty sad. Apparently, there are some 13 Canadians in the NFL (which is unconfirmed and needs to be tested). There are nearly as many players in the NFL from DC as there are from Canada (probably Canadians of US-descent who happen to have accidentally crossed the border or been held ransom).

Kaczur went to my HS...his family has lived in my hometown for a long long time....and it just so happens to be the same home town as Wayne Gretzky....and yes, Kaczur did try hockey before switching to football, as he rightfully should have.

Archived