Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Behold: the GOP battleplan

AlexRS

HE SPEAKS!!! I thought they keep Rove in a cage somewhere. What an evil, evil genius.

"At the core, we are dealing with two parties that have fundamentally different views on national security," Rove said. "Republicans have a post-9/11 worldview and many Democrats have a pre-9/11 worldview. That doesn't make them unpatriotic -- not at all. But it does make them wrong -- deeply and profoundly and consistently wrong."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/20/AR2006012001853.html

You see, Democrats are not bad, they just do not understand... now come to papa.

The battleplan is what it's always been: Attack your enemies strength, by using small groups that aren't easily connected to you. See the swift boats as an example.

It's a brilliant political strategy in terms of success. Questionable ethics to be sure, but clearly effective.

Reps blast democrats for not having specific answers or plans and then turn around and run under "post-9/11 worldview" as their platform.

Can anybody explain how pre-9/11 worldview is different from post-9/11 worldview and why Dems are supposedly under the pre-9/11 view?

It will not be anything specific, I'll tell you that much. "Dems do not understand we are at war?" "Dems are not willing to do whatever it takes (read:break the constitution) to protect America?"

How easy it is to make people shortsighted by threatening them!

Reps are going to drive the terror train all the way to hell and take America with them.

The battleplan is what it's always been: Attack your enemies strength, by using small groups that aren't easily connected to you. See the swift boats as an example.

It's a brilliant political strategy in terms of success. Questionable ethics to be sure, but clearly effective.

Indeed!

People are being manipulated so openly and blatantly... how can they not see this happening? President is asked about questionable activities and he says "there is an enemy out there???" Never before I have seen our government engage in such direct and open button-pressing of the weakminded majority.

"Never before I have seen our government engage in such direct and open button-pressing of the weakminded majority."

wow- that is so profound.

now that I think about it- listening to international telephone calls from Al-Queda is much worse than when liberal hero Franklin Roosevelt threw 115,000 Americans into concentration camps because they were of Japanese ancestry!

I totally see your point!

Yep, and that battle plan is going to win 8 out of the last 11 Presidential elections.

that is GOP 8-3

defeaticrats 3-8

not to mention GOP has net gained 78 House Seats in the last 30 years, and 13 Senate seats.

which side is smarter?

hey look its a Ambramoff citing!...dorry in 2006 you will see a dramatic shift, because Righties will do anything to sell out their country..

abramoff6106_narrowweb__300x413,0.jpg

My favorite Bush Terror-scare line is "Oceans don't protect us anymore" I mean come on man, did Oceans protect us from England invading, or Pearl Harbor? Did Oceans EVER protect us? The man is a dolt.

Damn shame when people don't pay attention in history class.

America, until the space race and Cold War, has always been protected by oceans. The Brits lost the Revolutionary War in part due to the inability to sustain their supply lines. Same in the War of 1812. The Mexicans were in Texas in the Mexican/AMerican War, but it wasn't part of America yet.

The Germans didn't make it here in WWI or WWII, although Hitler did field a prototype bomber to reach AMerica, and the Japanese technically invaded America, but only in ALaska. And they did have a few ballons that came via the jet stream that caused some casualities.

No country has ever made it to America, and we had never been hit by a foreign power until the first WTC bombing.

The only reason for this is the Atlantic and Pacific oceans

Only a dolt doesn't realize this

When was the last time you saw a GOP campaign (or a post from Sarge, for that matter) that wasn't simply an exercise in bashing a straw man?

Obviously more than a "straw man" when you keep losing and losing national elections.

Go Dean!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived