Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell's girly hands?

BD

Boy what a dumb post. Actually you failed to mention that nose nostril size is the second leading indicator of NFL success/failure in the NFL for a QB. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :cheers:

Boy, your post is incredibly dumb. Suggesting that hand size is as unimportant as nostril size for a starting quarterback in the NFL is absurd.

Really? I'd say that was against Detroit or Philly last Sunday.

Stat-wise perhaps. I thought that before his O-line was totally decimated in the third/fourth quarter, Campbell looked like a HOFer. Some of the passes he threw blew my mind in how accurate they were. Campbell was getting absolutely no help from his receivers or his backs. If he had, JC would have gotten over 300 yards and a couple TDs.

sounds like combine bologne. His hands are plenty big for pro football.

Yes, Jason's hands are probably around average for an NFL quarterback (i.e. still huge compared to the rest of us). Although, quarterbacks with big hands do tend to have a slight advantage over guys with average to smaller NFL hands. Brett Farve has almost 11" hands. This is a reason given as to why he is still so successful in colder or wet weather. His grip isn't compromised.

Who knows if having average NFL size hands is the reason Jason has had a little bit of trouble holding onto the ball? I'm sure the coaches have been correcting his technique, either way. He can't hold the ball the same way he did in college.

Who was the Kansas City QB back in the early to mid 90s (maybe?) who had small hands? The announcers used to talk about the fact that he couldn't hold onto the ball like most QBs with bigger hands. I can't remember his damn name.

But, you know, it could account for JCs propensity to fumble.

Edit: It was Dave Krieg. I found an article that talks about his hands:

"Even though his career passing stats are impressive, Krieg may be better known for something more dubious — his habit of fumbling the football. The length of Krieg's career, coupled with small hands and the suspect offensive lines he always played behind, "helped" him become the leading fumbler in NFL history for a time in the early 1990s."

Here's the link to the entire article:

http://www.answers.com/topic/dave-krieg

So it wasn't the pass rush of New England and the vets slapping the ball out of his hands that game that caused the fumbles?

Wow my 20-10 vision and TV replay must have failed me and that must be the reason to stay with a don't attack consistently downfield mentality.

better insert the :rolleyes: to signify the sarcasm :D

It's not really a dumb question. It's been talked about before. See the article I referred to above.

The current state of the offense has to do with coaching philosophy and a depleted / injured WR corps.

His hand size is not going to be the excuse for his success or failure unless he hooks up with a Pam Anderson or Tocarra Jones type hottie :D

I'm thinking the topic of JC's hand size might have run it's its course, so at the risk of hijacking this puppy, I wanted ask ...

Anybody not take the Philly loss to hard in light of JC's performance? I sure didn't.

I was so happy to see him dice up good AND VERY PROUD defense. The last two drives STUNG REAL BAD, but I think he'll be able to overcome that, cause god knows the kid can keep his cool ... I love seeing him put the two fingers up .. AWESOME.

Archived