Skins Have Too Many Coaches

RiggoReincarnated

which player  

1. 1. which player

• Priest Holmes(power 3rd down back)
    • Dante Hall(slot guy and KR/PR)
    • Trent Green(wink-wink)
    • other(name player)

Is anyone else here concerned the Redskins have too many coaches? How can Saunders be the offensive coordinator for example, when Don Breaux has been designated and renewed under that title? How about Burns?

I'm just worried about them stepping on each others toes...and Burns/Gibbs overriding much of what Saunders suggests. Can't we just move Breaux back to running backs coach or something the way he was in the glory days?

you are operating under a mis-apprehension. Burns is not going to be overruling or overriding what Saunders suggests. And don't get so caught up in titles. Everyone has to have a title of some sort for forms sake, but did we have any confusion on defense even though Williams was the Asst Head Coach for Defense, Blache was the Defensive Coordinator and Dale Lindsay was the Linebackers Coach, even though all three have held the DC role by themselves with other teams? :)

Breaux was coaching the H-backs as it was THIS season. Don't pay too much attention to the "Titles" that coach Gibbs throws out there for the public. There is no question that his system is very structured with everyone knowing their role. Saunders brings a ton of experience and offensive creativity into this mix. He will fit in just fine

you are operating under a mis-apprehension. Burns is not going to be overruling or overriding what Saunders suggests. And don't get so caught up in titles. Everyone has to have a title of some sort for forms sake, but did we have any confusion on defense even though Williams was the Asst Head Coach for Defense, Blache was the Defensive Coordinator and Dale Lindsay was the Linebackers Coach, even though all three have held the DC role by themselves with other teams? :)

I thought that Blache was the defensive line coach, not defensive coordinator.

I don't think you can ever have too many coaches if they all get along. Read the article that someone posted about Saunders from a KC paper. It's pretty interesting, and explains the way the coaching staff in KC worked. They compartmentalized everything. So each coach or maybe a couple coaches got a specific part of the game plan that was theirs. One guy got red zone, one guy third downs, etc. That way they could focus more specifically on the oponent in the coming game, and not be all scatter-brained. The success of this type of scheme relies pretty heavily on the coaches in question though. One bad apple in the scheme can kill the game plan, so you need good coaches all around to pull it off. I think we do have good coaches, and I think some of them will be tasked almost exclusively with game-planning. This coulkd give the other coaches more time to spend with the players.

Overall, I think this is a tremendous pickup.

Remember all these coaches are being VERY well paid, none our big ego guys (ie John Gruden, Shannahan, etc) and all will know JG is the boss. Personally Im excited that Gibbs is ultimately shooting for team success and not to proud or insecure to hire all these guys. The combo of experience and knowledge will only benefit the Redskins

Is anyone else here concerned the Redskins have too many coaches? How can Saunders be the offensive coordinator for example, when Don Breaux has been designated and renewed under that title? How about Burns?

I'm just worried about them stepping on each others toes...and Burns/Gibbs overriding much of what Saunders suggests. Can't we just move Breaux back to running backs coach or something the way he was in the glory days?

You are under the assumption Saunders is going to be the offensive coordinator.

According to REDSKINS.COM, his title has yet to be determined.

Saunders, whose official job title has yet to be announced, will be introduced to the media in a press conference on Monday, Jan. 23, at Redskins Park.

Maybe he will be the GM.

Blondie

Guest ComebackKing

I sure hope like heck Saunders will be the OC or at least the assistant head coach OC sort of like Blache (sp?) and Greg Williams. Williams was not the acutal DC but was involved big time. Saunders will probably be exactly like that for the offense. Or at least I hope.

I dont think we have more coaches than most teams, we just have well known coaches. All or most teams have an O- Coordinator, DC, D-line coach, o-line coach, running back coach, recievers, qb, linebackers, db, etc, etc. It just seems like we have a bunch because they're all pretty well known. Egos will not be a factor when it comes to this coaching staff.

Saying the Skins have too many coaches is almost like saying a school has too many teachers. As long as each coach is on ONE accord (I think Gibbs will make sure of that) and focus on teh SAME thing (W's); I think its crazy talk saying there are too many minds coaching bodies.

I think its great that the coach player ratio is like 1:3 now... That allows FULL preparation, not only on the players side, but on the GAMEPLAN side. You have alot of ties, and associations. Also, you have alot more perspectives. Gibbs has the ULTIMATE say, them Gregg. Al is pretty much on Bugel's level, but we ALL know they just want to WIN a super bowl...

Gibbs For Life!!!

Also, (didnt feel like editing my last post) Gibbs has some funny titles for these new coaches. Like Assistant Shoe lace tie-er, and Head ore Bum Rubber...

Also, I heard they have some new young coaches to supply the new players (rooks-3yr) with condoms minutes before they hop into groupies. As well as ball boys to take gun charges, and spousal abuse charges...

So, I think Gibbs has a good thing going here...

Gibbs For Life!!!

Guest GibbSkins11

dont worry we have the best coaching staff in the league , we have just enough to win sb41:applause: :helmet: :applause:

I thought that Blache was the defensive line coach, not defensive coordinator.

You show a tremendous lack of knowledge as to the team you say you love. This isn't the first time I've wondered how you don't know something so very well known. Titles are meaningless. Roles are meaningful. You can not have too many good coaches. You can not have too many good players. The more of all of them you have the better you'll be.

You show a tremendous lack of knowledge as to the team you say you love. This isn't the first time I've wondered how you don't know something so very well known. Titles are meaningless. Roles are meaningful. You can not have too many good coaches. You can not have too many good players. The more of all of them you have the better you'll be.

You think that's good, check this out. :rolleyes:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141800

Joe's obviously building something here and maybe instead of worrying, it would be good to look at all the positives this could bring.

I know a hell of alot about this team...just that it puzzles me...all the coaching staff is resigned...yet now we have 21 coaches, all in the same role as last year, plus Saunders....is Saunders just going to be a figurehead? If so, I fear we are going to go down the same tube the 2000 team did.

No offense, but do you get paid to only put out positive spin on the team? I'm just as much a fan as you, but I have my questions/concerns. Particularly when we have to watch a team play tomorrow that we should have beaten last week hands down.

If titles are so meaningless...why is Breaux listed as offensive coordinator if Burns and Gibbs are calling the plays? It makes no sense.

Yes you can have too many good players, look at the 2000 team that did diddly squat. Look at the Cowboys who are unquestionably more talented from top to bottom, and look at where they are right now.

Shut up. I didn't know one little fact about a player whos been invisible since we signed him. When they did release him I'm sure they gave no rhyme or reason for it other then I assume they thought he was damaged goods. He was a major bust, that's for sure.

Archived