Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comcast's Pro FootBall Plus

NavyDave

Also known as the Tony McGee show.

Started out with Calvin Hill offering a piece offering of a Cowpoke helmet which was tossed off the stage, jokingly.

The Saunders signing was lauded.

Then began the talk about current players and potential trades/moves

They first began with the rumored Ramsey for Moulds trade.

Donna the babe on the show reported that Patten claimed to be healthy enough to play in the past 5 weeks but was on IR but as some on the panel said who thought at the time of his injury that the team would be deep in the playoffs?

They were thinking of a 3 WR set featuring Moulds, patten and Moss.

Donna and Tony expect Frost to be replaced though the other guy thinks with experience he can get better.

As far as our kicker they think its time to reevaluate keeping an expensive kicker who has been injured the past two years. Apparently the panel was more upset about the missed 36 yd FGA than the short kickoffs.

The panel expects Stoutmire and Clark to be resigned and while they are among the millions... and millions of Rock's fans they pointed out that Tampa's Alstott is an UFA.

Donna and Tony as well as Calvin Hill were thinking a healthy Lavar with the roster bonus turned into a signing bonus will have a great season whether he is here or playing someplace else while the other guy wants the team to cut ties with Lavar and pursue potential Free Agent Weakside linebacker from the

Panthers.

quarterback is the one position that is always in demand in the offseason.

remember that such mediocre talents as AJ Feeley fetched a #2 draft choice in the past in offseason trades :)

I think that with the Williams - Moulds connection that if there is a move to bring in a high profile veteran WR it will be Moulds first and perhaps Jimmy Smith second.

Alstott seems to be retiring. And he can't play ST.

Doesn't mean Rock will be back, but I don't see them as interchangeable at all. Rock's value was on ST for us. If Nemo can do the same then we probably won't bring Rock back, but Gibbs called him a real Redskin in the interview.

Ramsey for Moulds? Does Moulds want out of Buffalo? Isn't Moulds a free agent anyway? Buffalo has already invested a lot in their QB Losman. Why would they want Ramsey who wants to start in the NFL and nothing less? I do think Moulds is an excellent player, although I believe he is 32 years old.

quarterback is the one position that is always in demand in the offseason.

remember that such mediocre talents as AJ Feeley fetched a #2 draft choice in the past in offseason trades :)

To bad Feeley actually got some playing time before his trade. Hopefully the last 5 games of 2004 and the Giants game this year are enough for some other team. That is if we want to trade him.

Do these people never learn from past mistakes?

Expensive kicker?

We've gone through the "cheap and available" route with kickers and it cost us big time. John Hall was what....12 of 14 during the season? He missed a 36 yarder outdoors in the rain...it happens. Vanderjact, one of the best kickers in the league just shanked a 46 yarder in a dome last week. The concern with Hall is his injuries and I believe both times he's gotten hurt it's been while kicking off. I think we should get a punter (no Frost please) who's capable of kicking off and just have John Hall come in to kick the field goals.

Best recipe for disaster in 2006 is going with a vet min free agent kicker.

I think that with the Williams - Moulds connection that if there is a move to bring in a high profile veteran WR it will be Moulds first and perhaps Jimmy Smith second.

We ain't bringing in any old geezers like Moulds, PERIOD. :laugh: Besides, you think Moulds is going to play for peanuts? Forget it.

As for Alstott.... he is NOT an UFA. He's thinking about retiring. He has a high salary in 2006 which he will have to reduce, but Gruden wants him back. So forget about him.

Do these people never learn from past mistakes?

Expensive kicker?

We've gone through the "cheap and available" route with kickers and it cost us big time. John Hall was what....12 of 14 during the season? He missed a 36 yarder outdoors in the rain...it happens. Vanderjact, one of the best kickers in the league just shanked a 46 yarder in a dome last week. The concern with Hall is his injuries and I believe both times he's gotten hurt it's been while kicking off. I think we should get a punter (no Frost please) who's capable of kicking off and just have John Hall come in to kick the field goals.

Best recipe for disaster in 2006 is going with a vet min free agent kicker.

I agree. Hall is one of the more consistent FG kickers in the league. I would suspect that his shorter KO's this season were due to his injury earlier in the season. We've been through the PK roulette recently (during the Spurrier years) and I would rather not repeat it.

Archived