Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our 2006 schedule isn't as easy as some are making it out to be....

nomoreyuppies

i kept seeing posts pop up about how great our schedule looks next year based on who we're playing. what the hell are these people basing this all on? do your homework, and you'll clearly see that the 2006 NFL schedule will not be set until April. All that has been announced right now, is which divisions will be playing each other. aside from that, besides the obvious (NFC East) the rest of our schedule is pure speculation. Everyone is whining because they say we're playing at Indy. It is a random guess, there are other teams in that division. Nobody knows the schedule yet, and until then, please quit crying because of who we're playing. Other than that, 19-0 would suit me just fine :laugh:

Go on Redskins.com, they tell you who we play at home and away. The dates aren't set until April. Also, the final six to eight weeks may be up in the air because ESPN is trying to work some sort of deal for MNF to get good matchups at the end of the season. Unlike this year when MNF had Baltimore and Green Bay!

Confusion cleared up?

i kept seeing posts pop up about how great our schedule looks next year based on who we're playing. what the hell are these people basing this all on? do your homework, and you'll clearly see that the 2006 NFL schedule will not be set until April. All that has been announced right now, is which divisions will be playing each other. aside from that, besides the obvious (NFC East) the rest of our schedule is pure speculation. Everyone is whining because they say we're playing at Indy. It is a random guess, there are other teams in that division. Nobody knows the schedule yet, and until then, please quit crying because of who we're playing. Other than that, 19-0 would suit me just fine :laugh:

Incorrect. The teams the Redskins are playing is set, it's the specific when that's still to be released. Do your homework. :)

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/tv/2006_opponents

Jan. 2, 2006) -- The opponents for all 2006 regular-season games have been determined and a complete list of each team’s home and away matchups was issued today by the NFL.

The official 2006 schedule, with playing dates and times, will be announced in the spring.

NFL Kickoff 2006 Weekend will begin on Thursday night, September 7, and the regular season will conclude on December 31.

Wild Card Weekend will be Saturday and Sunday, January 6-7; Divisional Playoff games on the weekend of January 13-14; and the AFC and NFC Championship Games on Sunday, January 21.

Super Bowl XLI at Dolphins Stadium in Miami, Florida will be played on Sunday, February 4.

The Pro Bowl in Honolulu, Hawaii, featuring the AFC and NFC All-Stars, is set for Sunday, February 11.

Read more. Start threads less. Thank you.

Why do we always end up playing Tampa Bay on their turf? They too scared to come to our house? Looking at that schedule im guessing 7 wins at home 4 maybe 5 on the road. 11- 5 or possibly 12 - 4 record next yr.
Im not sure why they always play Tampa in Tampa, but I for one am glad they are, Its the only game Im going to be able to go watch next year. Go Skins

Strength of schedule is almost impossible to determine, especially at this point. Before this season, who would have thought that two of our best opponents would be Chicago and Tampa Bay, and that Philly would be far worse than either of those two?

And besides, the offseason hasn't even started. At Indy looks tough now, but how will it look if neither Reggie Wayne nor Edgerrin James are there? What if Wayne is here, instead?

Way too early to be looking at SOS next year...

Guest ComebackKing
Go on Redskins.com, they tell you who we play at home and away. The dates aren't set until April. Also, the final six to eight weeks may be up in the air because ESPN is trying to work some sort of deal for MNF to get good matchups at the end of the season. Unlike this year when MNF had Baltimore and Green Bay!

Confusion cleared up?

And New England-Jets season ender for MNF? I didn't watch much of the game it was so boring...

Why do we always end up playing Tampa Bay on their turf? They too scared to come to our house? Looking at that schedule im guessing 7 wins at home 4 maybe 5 on the road. 11- 5 or possibly 12 - 4 record next yr.

we've played them @ Fed Ex more than we've played them in Tampa...

they had a better record than us this year... thts why we go back to Tampa I believe

we've played them @ Fed Ex more than we've played them in Tampa...

they had a better record than us this year... thts why we go back to Tampa I believe

Since the new division allotment the schedule is completely set well in advance, except for two games which are based on the standings at the end of the year.

We played in Tampa this year because our additional games not pre-determined before the end of last season were versus the teams who stood in the same position as the Redskins -- per division rankings -- at the end of the 2004 season. The Redskins had a home game versus the counterpart from the NFC North (Chicago) and a road game versus the NFC South (Tampa). Next season the entire NFC East plays the entire NFC South, and Washington is scheduled to play in Tampa. The next time the NFC East plays the NFC South (2009) Tampa will visit Washington.

Confusion cleared up?

No it isn't. ESPN will get whatever the nfl dishes out. It's NBC's new SNF that will get the flexible schedule during the final 7 weeks.

Archived