Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bush a "regular guy"

chomerics

I don't think so, what the hell is this?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/results/leadership/potomacfever.html

Additional symptoms of "Potomac Fever" New

Potomac Fever?

We need your help to better diagnose and treat a major DC malady.

The end of summer brings on health concerns such as fall allergies, common colds, sore throats, the coming flu season, and even holiday weight gain. While these concerns are by no means trivial there is an even more significant health concern that may be impacting you or some of the people you love and respect. It's called Potomac Fever. Following is some information to assist you in recognizing, preventing, and combating Potomac Fever.

General Symptoms include: Extreme disorientation, memory loss, and occasional delusions of grandeur.

Symptoms can present as follows: An individual suffering from Potomac Fever may have an inflated notion of self worth and may use phrases such as:

- "let's get one of the cars and drivers here to take us to dinner"

- "hello, I'm THE Assistant Secretary of ________" (vs. President Bush's Assistant Secretary of ____________ )

- "this issue is very important to MY agenda"

- "this hotel room is not big enough for the Assistant Secretary of _________"

- "I have the ugliest building in Washington"

The individual may suffer from delusions of grandeur:

- words like million and billion no longer seem so large

- the individual may believe he/she could be effective if only OMB would loosen up on the budget strings

- the individual may get upset at related industry gatherings when other people don't immediately know who he/she is

- the individual may be continually focused on his or her next position/appointment

- the individual has more material and pictures of themselves on their "I love me" wall than paper in their policy files

- office hallway pictures and blow-ups are two times life size

The individual may have incoherent speech. They may:

- frequently use words like paradigm and synergy

- frequently use acronyms and code words when talking about government programs……at home or at social occasions.

The individual may suffer bouts of memory loss:

- they may forget who appointed them to their position, the person whose name is on their appointment paper

- they may forget that they serve at the pleasure of the President

Prevention/Treatment: Frequently listen to or reading the President's vision for America. Also review the writings and remarks of past Presidents such as Theodore Roosevelt, Ronald Reagan, and George H. W. Bush. Listen to their principles, message, and vision.

Visit any small town outside the DC media market, go into a local store or restaurant to ask how many Cabinet officials and senior staff members the person waiting on you can name. Watch the local news in the same small town, notice how many seconds they devote to the most important issue you are currently working on.

Ask your children or siblings if they know how important a person you are.

Consider the following two questions.

Car Picture

car.gif

Which of the following describes the picture above?

A. An American four door sedan

B. A common government vehicle

C. MY car

Dinner Place Setting

dinner.gif

Which of the following describes the picture above?

A. A holiday dinner setting

B. A formal dinner setting

C. Everyday lunch

If you answered C to both questions and/or if you suffer from any of the symptoms described above, you may indeed be suffering from Potomac Fever. Please carefully review the suggested preventions/treatments.

Also please help us identify other symptoms and treatments for this terribly debilitating DC disease. You've all known people inflicted with the illness. Use the email feedback system to suggest other symptoms and treatments that we haven't thought of; so we can publish the expanded list for everyone's benefit.

We appreciate your help in this important effort.

Signed,

Clay Johnson

another example of what you aptly termed "a sarge"
yea :laugh:

It is just amazing to me that the average American doesn;t see the posh life of everyone around Bush and what EVERYTHING is about. . . . money. They even have a backdoor on the whitehouse page flaunting their eliteism over everyone else, yet people think he's an ordinary guy. :doh:

Yes, a good definition of a sarge ;)

obviously some smarty pants doesnt know what Potomac Maryland is

::edit::

I guess we have to give him some space since hes not a Redskin fan, hes just getting this cheap assualt from lefty handlers and he doesnt get it like the handlers were hoping so he would spread it. He has made no effort to conceal he is well off as far as income goes, I wonder if he lives in the projects so he can give his income to the homeless. Thats right he watches them freeze from his window.

another example of what you aptly termed "a sarge"

That would be the antithesis of the Chomunist Manifesto, right?

So you boys wanna talk about money tonight huh?

Of course, we must start with bubba................and somethig about nooclur secrets going to the ChiComs for donations to..............what was it? Helpo me out here............................the DNC wasn't it :rolleyes:

That would be the antithesis of the Chomunist Manifesto, right?

So you boys wanna talk about money tonight huh?

Of course, we must start with bubba................and somethig about nooclur secrets going to the ChiComs for donations to..............what was it? Helpo me out here............................the DNC wasn't it :rolleyes:

No Sarge, it is the absolute laughable notion that Bush is a "regular" guy, when he is a silver spoon fed elitist. You guys always say the left is elitist, and I am showing you WHY it's a crovk, this was on the WHITEHOUSE web site for christ sakes, and it is making fun of everyone not dripping with wealth. Show me where Kerry or the DNC does this, the fact is they don't. You like to pegg them as elitist, yet the righties are the elitists. . . yes, a definition of a sarge.

No Sarge, it is the absolute laughable notion that Bush is a "regular" guy, when he is a silver spoon fed elitist. You guys always say the left is elitist, and I am showing you WHY it's a crovk, this was on the WHITEHOUSE web site for christ sakes, and it is making fun of everyone not dripping with wealth. Show me where Kerry or the DNC does this, the fact is they don't. You like to pegg them as elitist, yet the righties are the elitists. . . yes, a definition of a sarge.

Chom everyone in the house and senate are elitist, NONE of them are "regular guys" wake up

Now reason why people call Bush "regular guy" is because of his love of sports and health, you always think to much :laugh:

Can you guys even comprehend what you read? No wonder you keep losing elections!

1. That is NOT the official White House page. What you posted is part of the Presidential Resources team led by Clay Johnson.

2. For a liberal, I thought you guys were supposed to "get" sarcasm. If you go back and reread it- the entire point of the article is to ELIMINATE waste in government on the part of the Executive Branch.

Keep trying to copy from Daily Kos and Democratic Underground though :notworthy

Chom everyone in the house and senate are elitist, NONE of them are "regular guys" wake up

I never said they weren't, I agree, all of Washington is a bunch of elitiests.

Now reason why people call Bush "regular guy" is because of his love of sports and health, you always think to much :laugh:

Sorry, I don't buy it, he had the persona put forth by the people like Fox News, and the right wing noise machine, and it wasn't because of his love of sports, but for a political advantage. I am pointing out to others who may not be aware, just how much of that is BS.

Can you guys even comprehend what you read? No wonder you keep losing elections!

1. That is NOT the official White House page. What you posted is part of the Presidential Resources team led by Clay Johnson.

Who said this was the "official white house page?" Read what I said. . .

this was on the WHITEHOUSE web site for christ sakes

Where does that say it is "the official white house page"

Is this or is this NOT on the whitehouse.gov website?

And I'm the one with reading comprehension problems :laugh: The irony is simply astounding looking at your first sentance :rotflmao:

A lot of politicians on both sides of the aisle are rich and elite. See the thing is "elitism" has nothing to do with your political ambition or what your opinion on roe v wade is. The right, in particular rightwing media, has done a BRILLIANT jobs of painting anyone on the left, with dissent, an "elitist" and then after their radio show, they go enjoy their $100,000 plate at some Bill Bennet fundraiser.

Elitism, usually comes with wealth, and both democrats & republicans have a lot of it to go around.

obviously some smarty pants doesnt know what Potomac Maryland is

::edit::

I guess we have to give him some space since hes not a Redskin fan, hes just getting this cheap assualt from lefty handlers and he doesnt get it like the handlers were hoping so he would spread it. He has made no effort to conceal he is well off as far as income goes, I wonder if he lives in the projects so he can give his income to the homeless. Thats right he watches them freeze from his window.

Actually, I am a redskins fan, and no, I do not live in the projects. I live in downtown Boston and I volunteer at the l;ocal Veterans homless shelter outside of my building. So maybe you can save your sanctimonious BS for someone else, because you seemed to have a blantent false preception of me. . . but who can blame you, after all, you are a righty and reality isn't one of your strong suits.

Actually, I am a redskins fan, and no, I do not live in the projects. I live in downtown Boston and I volunteer at the l;ocal Veterans homless shelter outside of my building. So maybe you can save your sanctimonious BS for someone else, because you seemed to have a blantent false preception of me. . . but who can blame you, after all, you are a righty and reality isn't one of your strong suits.
Where's the love man Actually, being a Pats fan, I loved it, but yes, it was definately over the top for others.
I have about 5 homeless living outside my building in Boston. They don't harrass anyone, but are more then willing to take a donation. It pains me to see them outside when it is 5 degrees outside and snowing, but I fall into the same crowd, as I do not invite them to my apartment for some warmth, so I guess I'm just as bad.

Actually, I am a redskins fan, and no, I do not live in the projects. I live in downtown Boston and I volunteer at the local Veterans homeless shelter outside of my building. So maybe you can save your sanctimonious BS for someone else, because you seemed to have a blatant false perception of me. . . but who can blame you, after all, you are a righty and reality isn't one of your strong suits.

Always beware the man yelling the loudest about what they do....

For they are doing a dollars worth of work and 20 in marketing.

Also: Sarcasm aside.

You mean the White House, Capital of the Free World has a nice bulletproof car, a nice table for dinner and overall persona of niceties.

Also: Chomerics came back to the Redskins when they started to win.

I guess he only partially likes the Patriots or the Partially likes the Skins.

Kinda Like I partially like the Republicans but have moved on to the Libertarians...

yea :laugh:

It is just amazing to me that the average American doesn;t see the posh life of everyone around Bush and what EVERYTHING is about. . . . money. They even have a backdoor on the whitehouse page flaunting their eliteism over everyone else, yet people think he's an ordinary guy. :doh:

Yes, a good definition of a sarge ;)

Yeeaahhhhh...It doesn't get any more "posh" than a 1999 Crown Vic.

Archived