Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Danny: While you've still got your wallet out, why not sign Mike Martz?

Awesome2

Pick him up as a quarterbacks coach or something. You know he's more than capable of that.

He made Trent Green, Kurt Warner, and Marc Bulger all-pro players. Have him make Jason Campbell something special.

Don't let him call plays or anything like that, but he can be an assistant offensive coordinator or something.

Joe Gibbs, Gregg Williams, Al Saunders, Mike Martz.

I know I'll be seeing a lot of these ":doh:" and these ":(", but damn, tell me that wouldn't be sexy as hell.

Gibbs isn't going to go back on Bill Musgrave after 1 year. He isn't that type of person or coach.

And a fine job Musgrave did too. Brunell had his best season in years, with 11 wins and a QB rating up over 80. The addition of the shotgun has helped this offense improve tremendously since last year and is one of the keys to the offense's having jumped from 31st to 11th in one year.

And a fine job Musgrave did too. Brunell had his best season in years, with 11 wins and a QB rating up over 80. The addition of the shotgun has helped this offense improve tremendously since last year and is one of the keys to the offense's having jumped from 31st to 11th in one year.

Not to mention Brunell had the best year of his career.. throwing for 24 TDs (the highest total of his career) and 10 INTs. Mind you, I hate Brunell and I thought he was pathetic :laugh:

However, you don't build "teams" like Gibbs... by abandoning loyalty just because a hot new candidate is on the market.

Martz doesn't even run a TE i dont think? How on earth would he work in the system that Gibbs and Saunders runs?

Of course he does. Ernie Conwell was quite the pass-catching threat... and the Rams had another guy who succeeded him that was a blocking TE. Can't remember his name now though.

Why do we need Martz now anyhow...

We don't, I think Martz is a very good OC. I don't think Martz would come just to coach the QBs. He may of came if it was for the OC but we have filled that area. I think Martz wants to be a HC anyway.

Martz is a complete MORON.

I saw on PTI they were saying he is now interested in a coordinators job...I thought for a split second, wait a sec, maybe we should have waited on Saunders and hired Martz as an OC! Then I thought, though Martz hasnt had the best offense in the NFL consistently (albeit up there). Then I remembered further how much of an IDIOT Martz is, and how that offense's success is solely due to great chemistry, and NOTHING to do with playcalling since I can remember dying watching Rams games when I had Faulk and Bulger in fantasy over the years, seeing his absolutely ridiculous calls.

Bottom line, WAY TO GO signing Saunders. Dont even give Martz another thought...no way!!!!!!!!

Archived