Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Laveranues Coles Physically = Perfect Fit

rvan1

Let me start by saying I'm not suggesting we trade for him, nor am I suggesting that he'd come here anyway, nor am I saying that I'd want his locker room attitude BUT

How perfect would our receiving crew be if LC lined up across from Moss. He would be the perfect compliment-- he's tough, has good hands when healthy, doesn't fumble, can spread defenses, and is a viable every-down target. The toe injury is of course a big issue, but he is still shifty enough to make a big impact in any game.

The Redskins should look into finding a player of his physical ability at the #2. They don't necessarily need more speed-- LC wasn't a "burner"-- what they need is hands and a "hit me as hard as you can, I'm still gonna make this 3rd down catch" attitude matched with shifty ability to get open (just picture the complete opposite of Taylor Jacobs).

While Moss' Mach 3 speed is a huge asset for our team, the other receiver has to be go-to. Too many times last season, Brunell would have nobody to throw to if teams would pick up the bootleg screen to Cooley. What they need is a bigger target with good hands. LC is that guy in New York. Who is going to be that guy next season?

One thing Coles was downright horrible at doing was adjusting to deep balls. If it was slightly off, you could bet your house that he wouldn't get to it.

Moss is the exact opposite. His ability to adjust to balls is absolutely ridiculous. Brunell didn't exactly throw it to the correct spot all the time, but it didn't matter because Moss is that good.

This thread --> :doh:

That's what we NEED, boy - a WR that can't get open any more and has a horrible ME-FIRST attitude. Go gettem' Skins...

two seasons ago, he had 90 catches for the redskins. his problem was not getting open.

this season, he had 73 catches for 845 yards, 5 touchdowns, no fumbles this season being thrown at by junk in NY. if that is not what we need across from moss, i dont know what it.

also, i already said that im only talking about his physical side, not his attitiude.

Coles didn't want to be here so why exactly should we bring him back to complain some more about catching 90 passes. In the words of santana moss "90 balls is 90 balls", and coles couldn't do anything once he got the ball in his hands. He is better off with his friend Chad "weak arm" pennington so let him stay with the jets. Any player who doesn't want to be a redskin should be allowed to move on any way possible. I'm glad we got rid of him because as you clearly saw this year santana is a much better player with the ball in his hands than coles. What we need is receiver who can consistently get open and catch about 50 passes a year.

Coles would be bad for this team because he doesn't want to be here. This team emphasizes character and doesn't have players with bad attitudes. If Coles had a better attitude, then he'd be a great fit for us.

For what its worth, though, I agree with what you said about him. He is a very reliable target, a "go-to guy." We have all seen him make incredible catches in clutch third down situations many times.

We do need this type of receiver, just not this particular receiver.

Guest sith lord
I am not saying we bring him back!!!!!

I am saying he's the prototypical wideout physically that we need!

:mad: :mad:

The title of your thread does suggest we should consider bringing him back.

I think people are reading the thread titles and skipping to their own post without reading the other posts. It was clear from your first post that you were not suggesting that the Redskins re-sign him.

I am saying he's the prototypical wideout physically that we need!

:mad: :mad:

That is what you said. I got it. I don't know why the others posters didn't, but I can geuss. People don't actually read posts, they just read titles and start blabbing away.

I don't think people are reading the thread titles and skipping to their own post without reading. It was clear from your first post that you were not suggesting that the Redskins re-sign him.

FINALLY! THANK YOU!

Guest sith lord
That is what you said. I got it. I don't know why the others posters didn't, but I can geuss. People don't actually read posts, they just read titles and start blabbing away.

Then it's misleading.

Gotta side with the OP on this one fellas,

You are completely missing the point...

He's not saying we need Loveryouranus Coles...

What he is trying to articulate is that the Redskins need a WR with Cole's abilities to both get open consistently and make the tough catch in traffic.

If you can't agree with that final statement then why are there so many threads on which WR the Skins should sign/draft/trade for...

Guest sith lord
Gotta side with the OP on this one fellas,

You are completely missing the point...

He's not saying we need Loveryouranus Coles...

What he is trying to articulate is that the Redskins need a WR with Cole's abilities to both get open consistently and make the tough catch in traffic.

If you can't agree with that final statement then why are there so many threads on which WR the Skins should sign/draft/trade for...

He didn't have to say L.C., he could of used another example like Eric Moulds. The original poster used L.C. to start a heated discussion and it worked.

Yep.

A little reading comprehension would really serve people posting in this thread.

As far as what rvan1 is saying, I tend to agree. Coles's skils, while not necessarily that fast, could really compliment Moss. The guy wasn't afraid to go across the middle and get creamed, and usually was good for solid short and mid range catches. This is, at least, part of what we need.

Read first guys, then respond. :)

rvan1: I suggest you edit your thread title to reflect the actual theme of your post.

two seasons ago, he had 90 catches for the redskins. his problem was not getting open.

this season, he had 73 catches for 845 yards, 5 touchdowns, no fumbles this season being thrown at by junk in NY. if that is not what we need across from moss, i dont know what it.

also, i already said that im only talking about his physical side, not his attitiude.

I think you can attribute his dropoff in production to one thing; he was holding the book of matches he used to burn all of his bridges in D.C. too tightly.

Physical or not, I'd take a guy with a big heart over a guy with a big head any day.

Guest sith lord
Yep.

A little reading comprehension would really serve people posting in this thread.

As far as what rvan1 is saying, I tend to agree. Coles's skils, while not necessarily that fast, could really compliment Moss. The guy wasn't afraid to go across the middle and get creamed, and usually was good for solid short and mid range catches. This is, at least, part of what we need.

Read first guys, then respond. :)

rvan1: I suggest you edit your thread title to reflect the actual theme of your post.

I understand what he meant, but he should of said is Leveranues Coles "Type" = Perfect Fit.

Archived