Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets Go To Sean Taylors Trial

RiggoReincarnated

Look-

I think Sean Taylor has the ability to become a great football player- but we need to face the fact that his character is in question on several matters. I am hoping that he does not get convicted and that he will learn from this lesson. After all, it takes at least a few years to "de-hurricane" these Miami punks from THE U. Some people (like that despicable human being Michael Irvin) never grow out of it....but I'm certainly hoping that ST gets through this and grows up- with the help of some mentoring from GW, JG, and the rest of the team....

I'll never understand why so many of these millionaires walk around with concealed weapons. How many of you out there even have a pistol to pull out if you get in a scuffle? If you don't carry a gun- don't need to worry about gun laws....

Good discussion. Perhaps we should start a thread on proper tailgating etiquette.

Tailgate yes or no?

Trial - not so good, probably no

Divorce - yes

Childbirth - ok, if not attended by the father

Wedding - yes, unless you really dig your spouse, then no

Going to the mall - anything to not actually go IN the mall.

Airport - no, unless you really want to meet some federal agents

car dealer lot - certainly seems to fall in the test drive category - yes

funeral - depends on whose funeral it is

work - no, never get there too early or stay to late - it sets a bad precedent

Home Depot - definately!

Protesting an unjust system is one thing, protesting a trial because the defendant is a star on your favorite team is another.

I'd love to hear more about this unjust system. Please tell me about all the innocent folks in jail you imply in your statement.

You have no idea if he is guilty or not. Witnesses say he pulled a gun, he says he didn't....

Witnesses say he spit, he says he didn't... Karma it's going to catch up to him, is anyone learning a damn thing from "My Name is Earl"?

Look-

I think Sean Taylor has the ability to become a great football player- but we need to face the fact that his character is in question on several matters. I am hoping that he does not get convicted and that he will learn from this lesson. After all' date=' it takes at least a few years to "de-hurricane" these Miami punks from THE U. Some people (like that despicable human being Michael Irvin) never grow out of it....but I'm certainly hoping that ST gets through this and grows up- with the help of some mentoring from GW, JG, and the rest of the team....

I'll never understand why so many of these millionaires walk around with concealed weapons. How many of you out there even have a pistol to pull out if you get in a scuffle? If you don't carry a gun- don't need to worry about gun laws....[/quote']

Roger never owned a gun in my life , and the first time I ever shot a rifle was in 1989 basic training FortT Jackson and a pistol? In 1997 when I attended OCS (Officer Candidate School) Fort Benning, GA. They are good for hunting other than that, they'll make you do things you wouldn't ordinarily do had you not had one. But good post!

And no, I'm 36, I still don't own a pistol. Geez I wonder how did I go through Birney Elementary, in S.E., D.C., Berry Farms (to be exact), Douglass Junior H.S. Stanton Rd, S.E., D.C. and Eastern H.S. right next door to RFK stadium, and not need a pistol. Not trying to gash up my H.S. but the only thing about going to Eastern was that it is right next door to RFK.

Geez if I went through all that I know I can do 2 more years (to do 20) in the army...Irac/Iran has been like a walk through the park. But I wouldn't try that in Anacostia Park or Rock Creek, or Dupont Park. Yeah Dupont Park is off of Minnesota Ave, S.E., D.C. and when you come out on the other side you're in a place called Simple City.

Now I'm at Fort Lee, VA and I frequent home a lot and my "fam" teases me in saying that I'm like Jesse James, except I don't carry a pistol, so when I stop by it's early in the morning and I leave just before sun down. Yeah, I wouldn't want to run into the jelly donut crew...their all Dallas Cowboy fans any how! Again, good post.

Do you know if it will be a jury trial? If so, I have my reservations with the trial being in Florida, Dolphin/Jaguar/Buc fans may be inclined to send him to jail for their own selfish reasons.
:doh: dude, ALL criminal trials within the united states that are not persided over by a military officer are trial by jury, look it up in the constitution, i believe it is the writ of habious corpus if i remember from high school

Listen, i dont' know whether he's innocent or not. Based on the allegations, it leads me to beleive that he's done something wrong. I'm in no way going to support him or ANYONE for that matter that can't be mature enough to handle a situation within the boundaries of the law.

But, for those who will attend. I hope when Sean Taylor sees how much support he'll get from Redskins and Sean Taylor fans alike, he'll realize he needs to get his act straight before his bad deeds catch up to him.

You'd think he'd learn the first time w/ the DUI..

P.S. Sean Taylor will always be my favorite football player.

:doh: dude, ALL criminal trials within the united states that are not persided over by a military officer are trial by jury, look it up in the constitution, i believe it is the writ of habious corpus if i remember from high school

Yes, but it's the 6th Amendment, not the Writ of Habeus Corpus (which seeks release of a prisoner due to legal reasons).

Also, the right to jury trial can be waived, and the defendant tried before a judge only if he chooses, but that's extremely rare in a felony case.

Archived