Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rank NFC Predicted Finishes For Next Year

RiggoReincarnated

Here are my opinions:

NFC East (Plays AFC South)

Washington 13-3 (Offense improves, easier AFC schedule, will not go 0-4 this year. I See the game against the Redskins as key in determining first round byes.

Dallas 11-5 (Improved young defense will propel Cowboys into wild card)

New York 9-7 (On decline, weaknesses of Coughlins coaching exposed in playoffs, key players like Strahan and Barber are aging)

Philadelphia 8-8 (Still a number of question marks on defense, offense should improve, will be a dangerous team to deal with)

NFC North (Plays AFC East)

Chicago: 11-5 (Solid defense and weak division will once again give them the North title)

Minnesota: 10-6 (Should improve slightly with the release of Mike Tice)

Green Bay: 8-8 (Played well below potential in 2005, should improve)

Detroit: 5-11 (Don't see how this franchise is going anywhere)

NFC South (Play AFC North)

Tampa Bay: 12-4 (Should improve with Simms, isn't losing Kiffin or anyone valuable on defense. See the game against the Redskins as key in determining first round byes)

Carolina: 10-6 (I think offense will be exposed and shut down in both games against Tampa next year)

Atlanta: 8-8 (Michael Vick has been exposed as a talented, yet ineffective QB in the big games)

New Orleans: 4-12 (Still much uncertainty with this team after Hurricane Katrina)

NFC West (Play AFC West)

Seattle: 13-3 (Should sweep division once again, play tough field in AFC West, but team will be stronger on defense, and have confidence after strong 2005 season)

Arizona: 10-6 (Underachieving team in 2005 will correct turnovers and Red Zone offense and make playoffs...a dangerous team)

St.Louis: 7-9 (New coach, soft defense, will prevent club from making playoffs)

San Francisco: 5-11 (Still in rebuilding mode with Alex Smith)

I like your NFC East Predictions. I think the win totals are inflated, but I do think that will be the order of the finishes if you flip Philly & New York. I haven't looked at the NFC North schedules, but I think you are way off with the Minny, Green Bay, and Detroit totals. That division will be this year's NFC West.

Great post though!

i like ur predictions but its way too early to base the records of next season.. u got to wait til the end of free agency and maybe the end of preseason to await for injuires. INjuires are a big deal. If the eagles get reggie wayne, they will not go 8-8. u just dont know each year. did u predict the bears would win 10 games with kyle orton and not rex grossman, or the dolphins would be 9-7 with saban, and the ravens losing boller in the first week. too much happens.

I like your NFC East Predictions. I think the win totals are inflated, but I do think that will be the order of the finishes if you flip Philly & New York. I haven't looked at the NFC North schedules, but I think you are way off with the Minny, Green Bay, and Detroit totals. That division will be this year's NFC West.

Great post though!

I'm already psyched for our game against Tampa. Both teams should be even stronger then last year and I see it being a prime-time matchup with big time playoff implications much like the Giants/Seahawks game this year. It seems like after that game, the Giants sort of went down hill and the Seahawks kept rising.

i like ur predictions but its way too early to base the records of next season.. u got to wait til the end of free agency and maybe the end of preseason to await for injuires. INjuires are a big deal. If the eagles get reggie wayne, they will not go 8-8. u just dont know each year. did u predict the bears would win 10 games with kyle orton and not rex grossman, or the dolphins would be 9-7 with saban, and the ravens losing boller in the first week. too much happens.

True, I'm just predicting based on what I see now. I hope we can manage to still get a top tier wide receiver with our cap issues. I personally would go for TO rather then Wayne. The reason? We don't know if Wayne can be successful in a system other then Indianapolis.

I personally think Philly will be the Redskins toughest challenge next year. Donovan McNabb is pretty good when he has some decent players around him, if I remember correctly. I think it will be between the Skins and the Eagles in the NFC East next year.

If the Eagles get a strong RB and bolster their OL, they could be very dangerous next year I agree. However I see Dallas being more of a threat because of their defense which is so young and will only improve.

If the Eagles get a strong RB and bolster their OL, they could be very dangerous next year I agree. However I see Dallas being more of a threat because of their defense which is so young and will only improve.

Completely agree, Dallas will be the monkey that we need to "keep" off of our back!!!

A fun exercise, but IMO, way to early to predict at this time. What each team does in the draft and free agency will have alot of bearing on each team's performance next season.

Nonetheless, as far as the NFC East goes, I expect it to be just as competitive as next season. As long as McNabb is healthy, Philly has a shot. The Giants are a team with an up and coming Eli Manning and a formidable supporting cast around him on offense, that may improve if they make a change or two on the defensive side of the football. As for the Cowboys, I am not going to underestimate the presence of Parcells on their sideline and as others have mentioned, they do have a a good young nucleus on defense.

The key for the skins next season will be the play of our quarterback. I expect the defense to add a pass rusher and at least be as dominant as a unit its been over the last two seasons. Offensively, Saunders' presence should add excitement, diversity and energy to the offense. The key is to have a healthy Brunell last through the season, (which honestly, I doubt will occur) or have Campbell step up and begin what will hopefully be a long reign as starting qb of this franchise.

Everytime we think the Skins will stink they surprise us and when we think we will be an elite team we fall flat on our faces....but i get it...its fun to predict.....something to do...its the offseason for us.

I'll bite...

Redskins 11-5

Cowboys 10-6

Eagles 9-7

Giants 8-8

I see a one game improvement for us with our current team and coaching staff (Saunders included).

Obviously if me make some moves this will change....in the coming months im sure it will...but as it stands this is MHO.

I guess only time will tell, I just don't see Philly rolling over and playing dead two years in a row.

Alright here's my wild predictions. On a side note predictions will be better after we know what the teams do in FA and the draft.

1. Redskins(13-3)-Assuming we match our 5-1 divison record there are only two games I see as legit losses that's at Indy and home against Carolina.

2. NYG- Their D was exposed late in the season but still have enough on offense to be scary.

3. Philthy- McNabb's back and T.O. is gone the D is still there but few offensive weapons.

4. Dallass- An old QB, old WR's, old O-Line, overrated running RB's, and lost their O coordinator, they better hope their D shows up big next year.

:dallasuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck

I hope your predictions are correct. I would love to see the old DC/Dallas rivalry back burning at top temperatures. While it's far too early to make any really accurate prediction, I'd like to see you do another as we get closer to preseason when more players are in place. Thanks -

Sorry to disappoint the homers, but Every team in the East will have a winning record next year. No the eagles will not finish 7-9 or 8-8 or 4-12. A healthy McNabb is unfortunately enough to get them in the play offs.. He's proven it time and again.

Here are my opinions:

Washington 13-3 (Offense improves, easier AFC schedule, will not go 0-4 this year. I See the game against the Redskins as key in determining first round byes.

Dallas 11-5 (Improved young defense will propel Cowboys into wild card)

New York 9-7 (On decline, weaknesses of Coughlins coaching exposed in playoffs, key players like Strahan and Barber are aging)

Philadelphia 8-8 (Still a number of question marks on defense, offense should improve, will be a dangerous team to deal with)

Chicago: 11-5 (Solid defense and weak division will once again give them the North title)

Minnesota: 10-6 (Should improve slightly with the release of Mike Tice)

Green Bay: 8-8 (Played well below potential in 2005, should improve)

Detroit: 5-11 (Don't see how this franchise is going anywhere)

Tampa Bay: 12-4 (Should improve with Simms, isn't losing Kiffin or anyone valuable on defense. See the game against the Redskins as key in determining first round byes)

Carolina: 10-6 (I think offense will be exposed and shut down in both games against Tampa next year)

Atlanta: 8-8 (Michael Vick has been exposed as a talented, yet ineffective QB in the big games)

New Orleans: 4-12 (Still much uncertainty with this team after Hurricane Katrina)

NFC West (Play AFC West)

Seattle: 13-3 (Should sweep division once again, play tough field in AFC West, but team will be stronger on defense, and have confidence after strong 2005 season)

Arizona: 10-6 (Underachieving team in 2005 will correct turnovers and Red Zone offense and make playoffs...a dangerous team)

St.Louis: 7-9 (New coach, soft defense, will prevent club from making playoffs)

San Francisco: 5-11 (Still in rebuilding mode with Alex Smith)

Washington 12-4 Watch t.v., watch this seasons replays, it'll happen

Dallas 11-5 Parcells Re-signed. period.

New York 9-7 Eli just will not get that much better in any hurry

Philadelphia 7-9 they have nothing to come with

Chicago: 9-7 they will continue their notorius one great season, followed by mediocrity

Minnesota: 9-7 nobody improves when releasing a coach

Green Bay: 4-12 they will improve only when favre leaves, and they get a coach with a decent system

Detroit: 3-13 never a reason to be excited, especially while matt millen is still in the office

Tampa Bay: 11-5 Simms will only improve with time, just like his father

Carolina: 10-6 a hot and cold team will do it again

Atlanta: 9-7 Vick needs to throw a little more to make this team advance

New Orleans: 7-9 Give 'em the benefit of the doubt

NFC West (Play AFC West)

Seattle: 11-5 No way they shut the league down again

Arizona: 9-7 Improving....slowly

St.Louis: 7-9 bringing back memories of L.A.

San Francisco: 5-11 It'll be a while

Sorry to disappoint the homers, but Every team in the East will have a winning record next year. No the eagles will not finish 7-9 or 8-8 or 4-12. A healthy McNabb is unfortunately enough to get them in the play offs.. He's proven it time and again.

I'd believe you, but the Eagles went 4-5 with McNabb and Westbrook this year, and only 4-3 when they had McNabb, Westbrook, and TO. This suggests they have problems that go deeper then just those players.

My :2cents:

Washington 12-4

New York 10-6

Dallas 9-7

Philadelphia 9-7

Chicago: 11-5

Minnesota: 9-7

Green Bay: 7-9

Detroit: 5-11