Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vikings: Tensions rise over Culpepper contract

tr1

Last update: January 20, 2006 – 12:46 AM

The Vikings, their QB and his agent -- for now -- are at odds over promises that might or might not have been broken.

Vikings Insider Kevin Seifert, Star Tribune

Earlier this month, the phone rang on the second floor of Winter Park. Mason Ashe -- who might no longer be Daunte Culpepper's agent when you read this -- was looking for Rob Brzezinski, the Vikings vice president of football operations.

The conversation, according to those familiar with the situation, was brief. Ashe broached the unseemly topic of negotiating a raise in Culpepper's contract, even after his terrible seven-game performance this season and the horrific injury to his right knee. Brzezinski's response was borderline incredulous: You can't be serious.

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/194196.html

I don't understand how he could ask for more cash after that horrid year. That along with the fact that the owners allowed him to use their plans and where with him for the surgery.

Seems like he's trying to push himself out the door or just being selfish.

But who knows...

I am waiting for someone to say we need to pick him up if he can't work things out, which would be the worst move next to Meion that we would make under Snyder.

Dante is over-rated, selfish, and just plain arrogant if you ask me. The Vikes are imploding and our boy Smooty is helping them to do so. We need to just stay away form them!!!:2cents:

I am waiting for someone to say we need to pick him up if he can't work things out, which would be the worst move next to Meion that we would make under Snyder.

Dante is over-rated, selfish, and just plain arrogant if you ask me. The Vikes are imploding and our boy Smooty is helping them to do so. We need to just stay away form them!!!:2cents:

I don't think its a coincidence that the Vikings started to play much better football when Culpepper was out of the lineup and Brad Johnson was the starting qb.

Culpepper is physically gifted, but isn't much of a leader and is way too turnover prone.

I was taolking to a customer of mine that lives in the town where vikes camp is held. They were telling me that they hope Daunte leaves because it is a pompous #$%hole. Pretty funny stuff considering this article...

I was talking to a guy from Minnesota last night...big Vikes fan...he can't wait until they dump Culpepper...

Archived