Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For the Reggae Lovers

jrockster21

Yo -- for those of you who love Reggae, I just came back from a dope ass show. The band is a local Oahu band called Ooklah the Moc...I have no idea what that means, so don't ask. Anyway, they are BOMB. I highly recommend them to anyone who loves Reggae...

They are the best live Reggae I've seen, and I've seen Ziggy Marley and the Wailers several times. Excellent.

Anyway, their website is www.ooklahthemoc.com, check out their CDs if you want. You can purchase them online via paypal.

THE BOMB.

Yo -- for those of you who love Reggae, I just came back from a dope ass show. The band is a local Oahu band called Ooklah the Moc...I have no idea what that means, so don't ask. Anyway, they are BOMB. I highly recommend them to anyone who loves Reggae...

They are the best live Reggae I've seen, and I've seen Ziggy Marley and the Wailers several times. Excellent.

Anyway, their website is www.ooklahthemoc.com, check out their CDs if you want. You can purchase them online via paypal.

THE BOMB.

I thought Bob's band was the Wailers and Ziggy's was the Melody Makers, or have the Wailers joined Ziggy? I saw Ziggy open for INXS in 88 or 89 and it was a great show. Hey jrockster, do you ever go to the Reggae Sunsplash out there? I saw it a couple times in Aiea when I was out there.

I thought Bob's band was the Wailers and Ziggy's was the Melody Makers, or have the Wailers joined Ziggy? I saw Ziggy open for INXS in 88 or 89 and it was a great show. Hey jrockster, do you ever go to the Reggae Sunsplash out there? I saw it a couple times in Aiea when I was out there.

You're right -- Ziggy's band is the Melody Makers...I have however seen The Wailers several times (and Ziggy a couple).

I'm working on 6 months out here, so I haven't hit up Sunsplash yet. I would love to check it out! I'm a big reggae fan...

You ever listen to Lucky Dube? When I was living there, my buddy got me hooked on his music.

No, can't say that I have. I've seen several local bands live (about 4 at the Aloha Festival in Waikiki), and remembering their names is hard!! They all have names in Hawaiian, and its really difficult to remember them, let alone pronounce them!!

I will check out Lucky Dube...I'm going to hit up the store and buy some Ooklah the Moc CDs...I'll look for him there!

My God!!! Sunsplash is supposed to be in Jamiaca.Everything else is a fraud.

Lucky Dube is more Afro-pop than reggae though.I could name the classics.But a living legend still putting out good music is Burning Spear.

I love Burning Spear....definitely the ****. You ever listen to dub at all, Thanos??

Lucky Dube is more Afro-pop than reggae though.I could name the classics.But a living legend still putting out good music is Burning Spear.

Hmmm... Lucky Dube is about as roots reggae as any other artist in the genre. Are you sure you're not thinking about Alpha Blondy?

Yeah, Big Mountain has been around for awhile...I like them a lot too. I think really good reggae can only be fully appreciated live...which is why its such a shame that Bob died so young.

I got to see Bob but just once. I also saw Tosh a few times before he was murdered.

My two favorites though for live concerts is UB40 and Steel Pulse.

My God!!! Sunsplash is supposed to be in Jamiaca.Everything else is a fraud.

Yeah thats what I am talking about, Burning Spear comes to The Record in Baltimore alot, and Lucky Dube goes to pier 5 occasionally. IMO Spear is the only living legend.

THE BOMB.

I like the sound...check out MATISYAHU. Has a smokin' live show!

I like the sound...check out MATISYAHU. Has a smokin' live show!

hell yeah, Matisyahu is my favorite when it comes to dub. His dub album is called Shake Off the Dust...Arise

Hes coming out with another dub album in march, available through JDubRecords (check matisyahu.org)

I saw him live at the Recher, he tore it down. Opened with a cover of Bob's Rastaman Chant

You can download his live shows straight up at www.archive.org

Ok???

Bck to business, thanks for the info J-roc. I'll check it out. BTW, dub is the sheit!

Seriously...If you are into Reggae, I think you will enjoy this group. They are still a "local secret" right now. I am doing my part to get them recognized nationally!! They definitely deserve it!!

Archived