Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What about a General Manager?

Shaddow

In a perfect world, I'd love to see Ron Wolff as the GM of this team. Last I heard, he was sitting on his houseboat in Annapolis waiting for the phone to ring.

Practically speaking, I doubt Wolff or anyone else will be pursued anytime soon. Synder IS the de facto GM. Has been since he bought control of the team. Probably will be until he finds something else more interesting to do.

That was always the most appealing part of Gibbs' return to me. If Synder is going to fill the GM role, at least there's somebody around he might take meaningfull advice from.

Cheers,

CLBinMD

Wolf was pursued some years ago. For those wondering or curious to actually know, there's an indepth look at how things are run in the organization in the Cerrato chat thread done hear last year. I'd highly recommend it.

This topic has been discussed ad nauseam on this website the past few years. We already have a GM in Joe Gibbs and company. They just don't have the title of "GM." Who did a better job then the Redskins in signing successful free agents in 2004? Who made the brilliant trade of Coles for Moss and the drafting of Cooley? Who got Greg Williams and Al Saunders to come aboard?

We don't need a GM. We just need to build an organization that makes good decisions. There are plenty of other successful teams around that also don't have GM's, like New England and Philadelphia. :doh:

In a perfect world, I'd love to see Ron Wolff as the GM of this team. Last I heard, he was sitting on his houseboat in Annapolis waiting for the phone to ring.

Yeah, there's about 500,000,000 of us sitting on our front porches too... waiting for the phone to ring and offer us 5% ownership of the team plus $5M in salary to be a GM.

Who isn't waiting for that phone call?

More like, who's prepared to offer it to get it to come out of retirement... since that's what it's going to take.

Yeah, there's about 500,000,000 of us sitting on our front porches too... waiting for the phone to ring and offer us 5% ownership of the team plus $5M in salary to be a GM.

More like, who's prepared to offer it to get it to come out of retirement... since that's what it's going to take.

500M?!?!?!??! In Bangledesh, maybe.......

But how many of THEM have ever been a successful GM of an NFL franchise before????

Don't get me wrong. I'm a realist and that means - for better or worse - Snyder IS the GM. He accepts input from others, allegedly. All we can do is hope that the last 7 years of learning on the job is finally starting to pay off....

Cheers,

CLBinMD

500M?!?!?!??! In Bangledesh, maybe.......

But how many of THEM have ever been a successful GM of an NFL franchise before????

Don't get me wrong. I'm a realist and that means - for better or worse - Snyder IS the GM. He accepts input from others, allegedly. All we can do is hope that the last 7 years of learning on the job is finally starting to pay off....

Cheers,

CLBinMD

Snyder does not make personell decisions. Gibbs gets who he and Williams wants. There is no question about this.

And every single one of us could do a better job than Matt Millen in Detroit. damn id do his job for a million and have the same results

Snyder does not make personell decisions. Gibbs gets who he and Williams wants. There is no question about this.

The only thing there's no "question" about is whose name it is on the checks. Synder accepts "input" - thank GOD that input is now coming from someone like Gibbs.

Cheers,

CLBinMD

Wow, seems like there has been ALOT of support for this in the past. Im surprised we havent had one person in favor of it yet.

Personally, I dont think a GM could hurt, but one doesnt seem to be necessary. Gibbs is pretty much our GM right now, and to this point I think hes done a fantastic job (I'm sure most would agree) so that isnt high on our list of priorities.

Archived