Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rock Wants to retire a redskin.

redskins4life234

On His weblog he does, at the end, he says,

This offseason, I'm scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent. To be honest, I don't what's going to happen. I love the Redskins. They gave me the opportunity four years ago when they drafted me, and I think I've done a pretty decent job for the organization. Hopefully they've seen that, but I really can't control what the front office thinks. We have Nemo [running back Nehemiah Broughton, 2005 seventh-round draft pick] and he's a great guy. He's a lot younger and a lot cheaper, so they might choose to go with him next year.

But I still hope to be here. That's the bottom line. I would love to finish my career as a Redskin. I'll just pray about it and hopefully they'll see something in me that makes them want to keep me here.

Hes a good player, on teams and when he has the ball, I hope he stays. :point2sky

Rest of the log: http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=14454

Man I hope he stays. He defintely deserves to be here and has proven it mainly on Special teams, as well as a back-up RB in some situations. Management should give him a 3 or 4 year deal, maybe not with a bonus but a fair understandable deal so that he will be here next year. He is a great locker room player.

I hope Rock stays too. I love to remember how he was totally dominating the rams defence. Hes a great special teams player. To tell you the truth, i rather keep him than Nemo...but maybe were keep them both since ladell will sign with another team as a starter or become a 1-2 punch with the steelers when jerome bettis retires or somthing...

Rock proved a lot of us wrong about making the team this year. Prevailing thought seemed to be that, although a great guy with a lot of heart and effort, he wouldn't be able to make the team with Portis, Betts, and Nemosapien around.

Guess what. He made the team, and made a serious contribution. Top five in special teams tackles, a 100-yard game, locker room presence, character.

I would be more sad to see Rock go than I was to see Smoot or Pierce go. The guy is a Redskin god dammit.

I've wanted to see him get a chance at being the return man, a la Brian Mitchell. He seems to be the same type of player. Does he not want to or does the coaching staff not think he's capable of being a return guy? He's got to be better than Thrash and Brown. Sure, Brown may be faster but he just looks scared :pooh:less returning kicks. :2cents:

SkinzRool, I've seen Rock return kicks a few times in his rookie year I think and he is better than Betts at it.

You're right. I just checked his career stats and he actually returned a couple of kicks this year. For his career he's returned 16 kicks for a 17.3 yard average. This year was his best (average wise), 4 returns for a 20.5 ave. I think it could work if he's given more of an opportunity there. By the way, nice sig. ;)

Has a role player ever uttered the "retire as a...." line before? This might be a historic first.

I mean' date=' I can understand Brian Mitchell having those sentiments...but Rock Cartwright?

I guess it's nice to hear...just odd.[/quote']

there's a difference between wishing and reality. Even if he has no say, he can still hope.

Archived