Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ryan Clark, Robert Royal, Derrick Dockery---FREE AGENTS

Doodie987

Ryan Clark had a great season. Derrick Dockery had a key fumble recovery which set up our win against philly during the sunday night game....and Robert Royal... didnt have a great year.

Does anyone know what kind of measures were taking on gettng any of these guys back? if dockery leaves we will 2 O-lineman gone !?....Ryan Clark is works very well with Sean Taylor in the secondary......what are we trying to do to get these guys back...specially with tight budget and needing another reciever??

I'm sure they will all be back, if Dockery comes back we will have the same starting 5 lineman for the first time in years and will bring good cohesivness to the line, i think Clark likes it here and Williams wants him here, and we will probably re-sign royal without much interest from other teams

Dockery had a clause to void his final year but that still leaves him as an RFA so they can retain him by offering the minimum tender of around 650K and get a 3rd rd pick[he was a 3rd rd pick?] if he is signed and they don't match or they can tender him about 1.5M and get the team's 1st rd pick if he's signed but no one would give up their 1st for him IMO.

Well if we had the chance to pick up Steve Huchinson, I'd take him in a heart beat! Then Portis would have his running lanes for sure! And Mark Brunell should have more time to throw.

But I saw the list of Free Agents and Dock wasn't no where on it.

He has been important to us this year though. If not for him we could've and would've lost that Eagles game.

Everybody thought Dockery sucked last year. I kept saying, get a good center next to him and then see how he looks. Well, we got a good center, and suddenly Dockery looks down-right decent. Hmm, wonder why that might be? How many times did we hear the kid's name this year besides the fumble recovery? Not many, and that's a good thing. He does have some things to work on for the future, #1 in my mind being his blocking in space. He gets out there just fine, but still seems indecisive about what to do once he's there and sometimes ends up blocking nobody. He'll get better there though, he's got the tools, just needs some more time. When he does, look out! Thomas, Dockery, Rabach, all of them capable of pulling effectively. I like the sound of that interior line.

We do need a solid backup behind the guys in the middle though. Raymer is not the answer as we all saw last weekend. He looked like a junior college player out there. Much like he did last year at center. We stand a good shot of drafting a beast of a guard in the 3rd round, I'd take my best shot there. I'd like to see it be a guy with experience at center too, just in case Rabach were to go down.

Royal and Clark will be resigned. Everybody on the team loves Clark, even the d-lineman love his play. Royal has been sericable, if not overly spectacular. His blocking was better this year, and that's his most important function. I'd say all of them will be back.

All these guys will be here. I think too many other teams see them as "system" guys to take a chance on them.

I don't care if other teams see them that way. They work here with us and that's all that matters to me. They're also already part of the brotherhood of this team.

Kozlowski, though... pretty sure he won't be back.

We do need a solid backup behind the guys in the middle though. Raymer is not the answer as we all saw last weekend. He looked like a junior college player out there. Much like he did last year at center. We stand a good shot of drafting a beast of a guard in the 3rd round, I'd take my best shot there. I'd like to see it be a guy with experience at center too, just in case Rabach were to go down.

:applause: :applause: Because we're drafting so far down in the second, I might do this with our first pick or trade down a few spots and take the C/G later in the 2nd or early 3rd round. A lot depends on who we bring in via F.A. though.

Continiuty is a great building block for a team. That should factor into these guys staying.

If you stand them naked and compare them to others they might come up a bit slight. Yet if you look at them in the context of the team, they each have added value.

Royal has become servicable and knows the system. Clark works really well as a member of the Williams system. Dock back and we could have all 5 of our starters in place on the O line.

Archived