Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If Ramsey is Traded, Guess what TEAM now!

H-O-G

If Ramsey decides he wants to pursue a trade with another team, lets just do some friendly guessing to see what team he will go to. Then we could refer back to this thread and see who was right. You get to guess 2 Teams.

1.) Jets

2.) Lions

Of those 2 choices, it would have to be the "Jets".

However, you have to consider a few other teams, like San Francisco, New Orleans, Green Bay, Baltimore, Buffalo, Miami, Houston, Oakland, etc... Teams that aren't completely settled at that position right now (I know, I listed a couple of real long shots)

I wouldnt write him off just yet.

But if he were to be traded (I hope not) I think he would goto Dallas or New Orleans

Saints have the 2nd overall pick in the draft, they will take Matt Leinart or Vince Young. They won't be after Ramsey.

Jets will have Pennington back as starter

Lions new coach well rename Harrington as starter

Last I heard he had a potential career ending shoulder injury.

Of those 2 choices, it would have to be the "Jets".

However, you have to consider a few other teams, like San Francisco, New Orleans, Green Bay, Baltimore, Buffalo, Miami, Houston, Oakland, etc... Teams that aren't completely settled at that position right now (I know, I listed a couple of real long shots)

Certainly some long shots. ;) San Fran has Alex Smith, who has faultered in his rookie season, but was mostly due to their O-line. New Orleans has a great draft pick(3rd or 4th?), so they will likely grab someone from there(i.e. Vince Young or Matt Leinhart). Green Bay...well...Favre hasn't decided on his future just yet. Baltimore will keep Boller because of the promise he showed at the end of the season(which I believe is the only reason Billick kept his job). Buffalo is up in the air, I don't know enough about their QB situation to really say. Houston has Carr, who if you put some good guys around, will be a great part of their team. Oakland may or may not stick with Collins...that all depends on how much of the blame they put on Norv as far as the offensive issues on that team.

I'd agree with the Jets for sure. But even though they have a high pick also, their are only so many good QB's coming out of this years draft worth picking up as a starter. I don't see the Lions leaving behind their 2 QB's yet, because I still think they have a lot to prove to the world.

I'd have to say the most 2 likely ones though are the Jets as you said, and, IF Favre retires, possibly the Packers.

Also...and I KNOW this is a long shot, but lets not leave out Dallas. I mean, Bledsoe doesn't have much left, and assuming Parcells leaves after next season, they may be looking for a guy like Ramsey who has some experience but won't come with a hefty price tag.

I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell of Ramsey being traded to Dallas. Would you want a repeat of the first Giants game where they knew all the offensive signals?

The Jets are the best bet IMO. One, they need a QB. Pennington has had two rotator cuff surgeries. His career could be over. The Jets should want a QB that can compete with Pennington for the starting QB position. Plus, the Jets may consider that Ramsey has some chemistry with Coles.

I would have to say Baltimore because their head coach in under pressure to improve their offense. Plus it is a pretty simple offense and I think he would do really well running it. But given our recent trade history with the Jets, Ramsey playing in green and white seems very realistic.

Guest ComebackKing

Skins like to trade with the Jets the past 2/3 years so I'd look for him to go there just because we are good friends with New/Jersey2A.

The Jets, Raiders, and Dolphins are the most likely teams.

Pennington is due something like a $7 million roster bonus in March. Don't see the Jets giving him that since he won't even be able to throw by then.

Collins was very bad and the Dolphins are in need. The Packers drafted Aaron Rodgers last year in the first round, don't think they will trade for Ramsey. And I strongly doubt that he would be traded to an NFC team.

Most likely all 3 QBs will compete in camp to be the starter. I don't understand why everyone is so eager to get rid of him.

Archived