Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike and Mike in the Morning on Salisbury Bet

CooleyNaMean

Did anyone see this or hear it?

Talked about Sean losing the bet about the Skins making the playoffs, but they spent most of the segment talking about some email they got from a Redskin fan in Purceville, VA. The writer of the email wrote about an appalachian trail that runs from his area to Bristol where Sean could make the walk without having to worry about being seen. The Redskin fan also said in his email that he wanted Sean to stop by his house and sing Hail to the Redskins naked. Nice to see this lost bet is getting out in the public.

There was a thread posted on ExtremeSkins right after the infamous bet was made, and according to the person who posted it, he said PLAYOFFS. Thats what I've been going with, but it is possible that the person who originally posted the information was mistaken (I certainly HOPE not!)

I thought so too. I don't like Salisbury either, but if the bet was based on the Skins going to the Super Bowl, we can't really call him out on welching on it.

:logo:

That part of the SuperBowl is more of a "re-bet" kind of thing. He bet at the beginning of the season that he would do the walk if the skins won 7 games, it was Chris Carter who said if we made it to the playoffs he would wear the hoggette outfit. Sean Salisbury and Joe Thiesman were on Steven A. Smith's Quite Frankly, and Thiesman picked the Skins and Jaguars to play in the superbowl, Smith and Salisbury fell out of his chair laughing and said that if the redskins even won 7 games he would walk to Washington.

We want to hold him accountable for this because he made a call out long ago and put stakes on it, he disrespected our team needlessly and he should show that he is a man and go forth.

he did lose the bet. i'm almost positive it was the 'skins making the playoffs, not the superbowl.

that's what I heard as well.

- Last week they were talking about it and Greenberg was asking about predictions for the up coming games and remarked to Salisbury, about the 'Skins/'Hawks game "I don't know who you think will win, but I know who you want to win." - Salisbury replied - "Well obviously I can't walk naked, but if ESPN gives me the time off I'll make the walk for charity."

I've dug up the original post (again) for everyone to read. I've also dug up a pretty "telling" post regarding Theismann calling Salisbury out on it just prior to us earning our playoff berth....

The original post (09-06-2005)

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112487&highlight=sean+salisbury

Theismann calling out Salisbury right before playoffs

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140154&highlight=sean+

That part of the SuperBowl is more of a "re-bet" kind of thing. He bet at the beginning of the season that he would do the walk if the skins won 7 games, it was Chris Carter who said if we made it to the playoffs he would wear the hoggette outfit. Sean Salisbury and Joe Thiesman were on Steven A. Smith's Quite Frankly, and Thiesman picked the Skins and Jaguars to play in the superbowl, Smith and Salisbury fell out of his chair laughing and said that if the redskins even won 7 games he would walk to Washington.

We want to hold him accountable for this because he made a call out long ago and put stakes on it, he disrespected our team needlessly and he should show that he is a man and go forth.

Interesting....well if it was indeed the playoffs and not the Super Bowl that the bet was made on, then I say we need to fill up his email box with directions for the best route he can take from Bristol to DC. When are we going to have the icon of Salisbuy's face with the red circle and stripe going over it available to us? :D

I've dug up the original post (again) for everyone to read. I've also dug up a pretty "telling" post regarding Theismann calling Salisbury out on it just prior to us earning our playoff berth....

The original post (09-06-2005)

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112487&highlight=sean+salisbury

Theismann calling out Salisbury right before playoffs

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140154&highlight=sean+

Great find. I was going to look for those too. They should shed some light here on this thread.

There was a thread posted on ExtremeSkins right after the infamous bet was made, and according to the person who posted it, he said PLAYOFFS. Thats what I've been going with, but it is possible that the person who originally posted the information was mistaken (I certainly HOPE not!)

There were 2 different bets, although I couldn't tell you who said each one. The first was that if the Redskins made the playoffs, he would walk from NY to DC. The second was if they made it to the Super Bowl, he would walk from ESPN HQ in Connecticut as a fund raiser, all the way to Maryland. Then meet Dan Snyder at any place he wanted, and ask him where he wanted all of the money donated to.

Guest ComebackKing

At least both those teams made the playoffs. Half the other superbowl predictions at the start of the year were like Atlanta for the NFC and Chargers or some other AFC misses.

Im watchin mike and mike right now. I just heard it b4 and the definetely said superbowl. I hope he makes that bet again cuz we r gonna win it next year. Just wait and see.

Yet again: the FIRST bet he made was for the playoffs. The SECOND bet he made was for the superbowl. He probably made the second bet to create confusion about the first bet, hoping that people would forget about it since he obviously has welched.

Archived